Sunday, September 9, 2012

WEEKLY RECAP: September 3-September 9, 2012




**BOOKS READ

Country Mouse by Amy Lane and Aleksandr Voinov [4 Stars]
I really enjoy Amy Lane's male/male stories, but Voinov is a new author to me.  I liked this short, sexy novella much more than I expected.  Both Owen and Malcolm are well-written characters with very clear voices.  I especially enjoyed the uniqueness of Malcolm's personality and the way that the authors didn't pigeonhole him into the typical dom partner.  The sex was spicy without being over the top and the romantic moments are very tender.  Full review coming soon.

Scandal Wears Satin (Dressmakers #2) by Loretta Chase [3.5 Stars]
I love Loretta Chase's writing, but I felt a little letdown by this book.  I liked the main characters, Sophy and Harry, and their interactions.  Harry was a real gem mostly because he reminded me of Rupert from Mr. Impossible.  The romance part was alot of fun and full of the tension that I have come to expect from Ms. Chase.  But, I had a hard time getting into this book because of the overall plotline.  It seemed jumbled and overdone at times.  Sophy and Harry were a great couple and I didn't think they needed all the fluff surrounding their love story.  All that being said, I definitely look forward to the next Dressmakers book and can't wait to see financially-minded Leonie get her HEA.  Plus I'm still hoping for a nice romance for Clara soon.

Blooded (Jessica McClain #0.5) by Amanda Carlson [3.5 Stars]
An action-packed thriller of a novella that sets the stage for Carlson's new urban fantasy series starring Jessica McClain, the only female ever born to a werewolf.  I really liked Jessica's personality and how she never let herself get pushed around despite her physical weakness.  Her relationship with her family and the pack is very complicated and I think this story gives us a good introduction to that.  The secondary characters are very entertaining especially Danny.  The ending makes me even more excited to read Full-Blooded and see what happens to Jessica.

Duchess of Love (Duchess of Love #0.5) by Sally MacKenzie [3 Stars]
Cute little novella that provided good insight into MacKenzie's writing style and what to expect from her new series.  I liked the two main characters and am excited to see what their lives are like down the road.  My biggest complaint is that it felt so short and, therefore, rushed especially at the end.  I enjoyed the plot (though it was far-fetched) and would like to have seen it utilized in a longer format.  But, the story did its job since I'm probably going to read the first in the series, Bedding Lord Ned.

**REVIEWS

Driving Mr. Dead (Half Moon Hollow #1) by Molly Harper
Armed & Dangerous (Cut & Run #5) by Abigail Roux


No comments:

Post a Comment

Yeah comments!! Thanks for visiting my blog. I will try to reply to your comments as soon as possible.