Monday, September 17, 2012

WEEKLY RECAP: September 10-September 16, 2012





**REVIEWS

Legend (Legend #1) by Marie Lu [4 Stars]
A Lady by Midnight (Spindle Cove #3) by Tessa Dare [5+ Stars]




**BOOKS READ

Ten Ways to be Adored When Landing a Lord (Love by Numbers #2) by Sarah MacLean [3 Stars]
I really liked the first book in this series, but I had a hard time finishing this one.  I enjoyed reading about both Nicholas and Isabel, but the main storyline kinda bored me.  The middle dragged on a bit more than I would have liked though the ending was very sweet.  All in all, a decent read that took me much longer to get into than I would have thought for a Sarah MacLean story.

The Lesson Plan (Lords of Lancashire #1) by Jackie Barbosa [3 Stars]
A hot little historical novella that was a quick and fairly enjoyable read.  I really liked the hero, Conrad, and the way that he tried to hide his true feelings for Freddie over the years.  I'm a sucker for an unrequited love storyline.  That being said, I really did not like Freddie.  While I admired her strong personality and confidence, I found her to be a bit too spunky for my taste.  The plot was predictable, but worked out for the shorter length.

**CURRENTLY READING

The Care and Feeding of Stray Vampires (Half-Moon Hollow #2) by Molly Harper [Narrated by Amanda Ronconi]
Almost done listening to this hilarious paranormal romance from one of my favorite authors.  I love the heroine and her quirky way of looking at things.  Cal, the hero, is wonderfully brooding and sexy.  Great secondary characters and an intriguing mystery all make for an entertaining read.  Plus Amanda Ronconi is an amazing audiobook narrator!

A Matter of Time (Vol. 1) by Mary Calmes
The first book in a popular male/male series.  Loving both Jory and Sam's characters right now.  Their interactions are so cute, but I have a feeling some major drama is about to go down.  Lots of side characters that get a bit overwhelming.

Eleven Scandals to Start to Win a Duke's Heart (Love by Numbers #3) by Sarah MacLean
Final book in the trilogy about the St. John siblings.  I have been waiting to read Julianna and Simon's story since I met them in the first book.  I love Julianna's fiery and vulnerable personality.  Stoic heroes are a major weakness of mine so I am swooning over Simon.  Much better than the previous book in the series!

**POSSIBLE READS FOR NEXT WEEK

The Ugly Duchess (Fairy Tales #4) by Eloisa James (historical romance)
A Matter of Time (Vol. 2) by Mary Calmes (male/male romance)
Throne of Glass by Sarah J. Maas (young adult fantasy)
Pushing the Limits by Katie McGarry (young adult romance)


1 comment:

Yeah comments!! Thanks for visiting my blog. I will try to reply to your comments as soon as possible.