Monday, September 3, 2012

WEEKLY RECAP: August 27-September 2, 2012




**BOOKS READ (6)

A Lady by Midnight (Spindle Cove #3) by Tessa Dare -- 5+ Stars
Absolutely loved this!!  I think it is my favorite of the whole series and that's saying something.  Wonderful hero, strong-willed heroine, and plenty of swoon-worthy moments.  Full review coming soon.

Stars & Stripes (Cut & Run #6) by Abigail Roux -- 4.5 Stars
Ty and Zane are one of my favorite couples and this book just shows why they work so well.  I loved that we got to see both of their families and how different they were.  The suspense plot was a little strange, but I just went with the flow and enjoyed it for the most part.  Full review coming soon.

Driving Mr. Dead (Half-Moon Hollow #1) by Molly Harper -- 4.5 Stars
Molly Harper is becoming one of my favorite authors of all time!  Her sense of humor and writing style keeps me entertained from beginning to end.  I really liked both the hero and heroine and their crazy road trip from hell.  Plus it was nice to see some familiar faces from the Jane Jameson series pop up.  Full review coming soon.

Legend (Legend #1) by Marie Lu -- 4 Stars
I really liked this book.  Both protagonists were interesting and I loved the use of the dual points of view.  Lots of unexpected moments that kept me glued to the pages.  This is a scary dystopian world that I am anxious to learn more about.  Full review coming soon.

Diving in Deep (Florida #1) by K.A. Mitchell -- 3.5 Stars
I read the second book in this series before reading this one...which I almost never do!  I was intrigued by Cam and Noah in Collision Course so I was excited to see the development of their relationship.  I loved Noah!  He was so well-written and sweet about his devotion to Cam.  On the other hand, I found Cam to be oblivious and a bit of a jerk at times.  I did end up liking him by the end, but it took time for him to grow on me.  The sex was very hot and an interesting way to show character development.  The Florida setting was fun to read about as well.  I really like Mitchell's writing style so I'll definitely look for more of her books.

Wrong Bed, Right Guy by Katee Robert -- 3 Stars
A contemporary romance novella that had a lot of potential, but didn't always live up to it for me.  I really liked the hero and how sweet he was under all the bad boy swagger.  The heroine was very snobby and I never warmed up to her even after the reveal of her past trauma.  The story was well-written and unique, but ended too fast.  While I wasn't overly impressed with this book, I will probably check out more of the author's work in the future.




No comments:

Post a Comment

Yeah comments!! Thanks for visiting my blog. I will try to reply to your comments as soon as possible.