Wednesday, September 26, 2012

MY BOOK BOYFRIEND (52): Simon Pearson, Duke of Leighton



My Book Boyfriend is an awesome weekly meme hosted by Missie at The Unread Reader all about fictional boys who make us swoon.  This week I am swooning over:

SIMON PEARSON, DUKE OF LEIGHTON
from


About Simon:
  • Blond hair and blue eyes.
  • British duke with a long, noble heritage.

  • Became duke at a very young age.

  • Raised by a cold, distant mother.

  • Is obsessed with propriety...for a valid, but mysterious reason.


Simon and his heroine, Juliana, have amazing chemistry together even during arguments.
 "Leave it to the English to fabricate a lake."
"And leave it to the Italians to fall into it!"
"I was retrieving my hat!"
"Ah . . . that makes it all much more logical. Do you even know how to swim?"
"Do I know how to swim?" she asked, and he took more than a little pleasure in her offense.
"I was raised on the banks of the Adige! Which happens to be a real river."
"Impressive," he said, not at all impressed. "And tell me, did you ever swim in said river?"
"Of course! But I wasn’t wearing"—she waved a hand to indicate her dress—"sixteen layers of fabric!"
"Why not?"
"Because you don’t swim in sixteen layers of fabric!"
"No?"
"No!"
"Why not?" He had her now.
"Because you will drown!"
"Ah," he said, rocking back on his heels. "Well, at least we’ve learned something today."

Simon is a very stoic hero who keeps his true feelings hidden until a certain Italian lady brings it out.
 "You think my feelings toward you apathetic? You think you bore me?"
"Don’t I?"
He shook his head slowly, continuing toward her, stalking her in the small space, "No.  God knows you are infuriating . . And impulsive . . ." Her back came up against the wall, and she gave a little squeak, even as he advanced. "And altogether maddening . . ." He placed one hand to her jaw, carefully lifting her face to his, feeling the leap of her pulse under his fingertips. "And thoroughly intoxicating . . ." The last came out on a low growl, and her lips parted, soft and pink and perfect.
He leaned close, his lips a fraction from hers, "No . . . you are not boring."

And it takes a very special woman to make this gentleman lose all sense of propriety...
 "You are my siren," he said, running his hands along her thighs and down her calves, feeling the shape of her even as the silk of her gown kept them both from what they wanted. "My temptress . . . my sorceress . . . I cannot resist you, no matter how I try. You threaten to send me over the edge."

I love seeing seemingly cold heroes fall head over heels for the absolute "wrong woman", in their minds.
"You are beautiful and brilliant and bold and so very passionate about life and love and those things that you believe in. And you taught me that everything I believed, everything I thought I wanted, everything I had spent my life espousing--all of it...it is wrong. I want your version of life...vivid and emotional and messy and wonderful and filled with happiness. But I cannot have it without you."


My Simon: Jude Law


About Eleven Scandals to Start to Win a Duke's Heart:

She lives for passion

Bold, impulsive, and a magnet for trouble, Juliana Fiori is no simpering English miss. She refuses to play by society’s rules: she speaks her mind, cares nothing for the approval of the ton, and can throw a punch with remarkable accuracy. Her scandalous nature makes her a favorite subject of London’s most practiced gossips…and precisely the kind of woman the Duke of Leighton wants far far away from him.

He swears by reputation.

Scandal is the last thing Simon Pearson has room for in his well-ordered world. The Duke of Disdain is too focused on keeping his title untainted and his secrets unknown. But when he discovers Juliana hiding in his carriage late one evening–risking everything he holds dear–he swears to teach the reckless beauty a lesson in propriety.

She has other plans, however; she wants two weeks to prove that even an unflappable duke is not above passion

3 comments:

  1. Ooooh I'm loving the sound of this guy. Those are great quotes you picked. I especially love the first one...too funny!

    ReplyDelete
  2. He seems great. Nice choice. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I really want to know what the mysterious reason is now Jennifer!! I've read a couple of historical romances recently and LOVED them I think I'll be adding this to my TBR list now.

    Great choice.

    ReplyDelete

Yeah comments!! Thanks for visiting my blog. I will try to reply to your comments as soon as possible.