Friday, September 28, 2012

FOLLOW FRIDAY (44)

Gain New Blog Followers

Feature & Follow Friday is a blog hop that expands your blog following by a joint effort between bloggers. Feature & Follow Friday is now hosted by TWO hosts, Rachel of Parajunkee and Alison of Alison Can Read. Each host will have their own Feature Blog and this way it'll allow us to show off more new blogs!



Q:What is the biggest word you've seen used in a book lately--that made you stop and look it up?  Might as well leave the definition and book too.


I had a hard time with this question.  I don't usually look up words that I am unfamiliar with.  Unfortunately, I'm usually too into the book to stop reading and search out a dictionary or Dictionary.com.  Plus I can usually figure out the meaning based on the context...I'm a good English major that way.

I guess the biggest word that made me pause lately was ASSIDUOUSLY which is in Julie Anne Long's What I Did For a Duke.  I know what the word means, but it took me a bit of time to remember.  Here is the Dictionary.com entry for ASSIDUOUSLY:


as·sid·u·ous[uh-sij-oo-uhs] 

adjective
1. constant; unremitting: assiduous reading.
2. constant in application or effort; working diligently at a task; persevering; industrious; attentive: an assiduous student.


*******
I have created different ways for you to follow my blog: GFC, LinkyFollowers, email, Twitter, or Goodreads.  Comment, follow me, and I'll return the favor!!

13 comments:

  1. I read assiduously :)
    New follower My F&F

    ReplyDelete
  2. hee hee! I love that word!

    Old follower.

    Christina @ Ensconced in YA
    My FF

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi,
    This is turning out to be an informative blog hop :D
    My post - F&F
    New follower via GFC, follow me back? :)
    Addie @ READioactive

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love that word! I try to do a lot of things assiduously! Thanks for stopping by my FF post earlier. I am already following you via linky and GFC :)

    have a wonderful weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Totally agree that usually if I see an unfamiliar word, I just ignore it (I don't want to tear myself away from the story!). Good pick... I didn't remember what that meant either.

    New follower here via GFC. My blog is nickieanderson.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. It's a funny word, I don't know why but it makes me laugh
    thnks for the follow
    following u via GFC
    Ruty@Reading...Dreaming

    ReplyDelete
  7. Awesome mehehehe! <3

    Kate @ KISSKITKATEY
    My FF
    New follower. :D
    Happy weekend! <3

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'm the same way, it takes a lot for me to want to check out a word in the dictionary. I do like assiduous though, I think I'm going to try to work this into my daily conversations ;) Old follower!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Ooh nice pick! I think I remember learning that word in English last year!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I like your choice in words. :) New follower.

    ReplyDelete
  11. that's a perfect word for us readers :)

    My FF

    ReplyDelete
  12. Nice choice!

    New follower hopping by!
    My ff:
    http://bookwormmia.blogspot.com/2012/09/feature-follow-5.html

    ReplyDelete
  13. Thank you for stopping by my FF! Returning the favor. ;)

    Have a wonderful weekend!

    ReplyDelete

Yeah comments!! Thanks for visiting my blog. I will try to reply to your comments as soon as possible.