Friday, September 14, 2012

FOLLOW FRIDAY (42)

Gain New Blog Followers

Feature & Follow Friday is a blog hop that expands your blog following by a joint effort between bloggers. Feature & Follow Friday is now hosted by TWO hosts, Rachel of Parajunkee and Alison of Alison Can Read. Each host will have their own Feature Blog and this way it'll allow us to show off more new blogs!


This Week's Feature Blogs:

Escapism From Reality
Readers' Confession

Q: What hyped up book do you think was not worth all the talk?


Under the Never Sky by Veronica Rossi
I love dystopian and science fiction stories and I heard many great things about this book.  But, I just had a hard time getting into it.  I couldn't make myself care about the two main characters and I just felt confused for a significant amount of time.  Though I will say that Rossi's writing style and the ending did inspire me to want to try the next book in the series, just in case it gets better.






Twilight by Stephenie Meyer
I read this before most of the backlash and was super excited because I love vampires stories.  That being said, I was really disappointed and I had a hard time figuring out why.  Now, I know that it was mainly Bella's character and some of the bizarre takes on the vampire myth.  I did try to read the rest of the series, but gave up midway through Eclipse.





Dead Until Dark by Charlaine Harris
I started this because I fell in love with the True Blood tv show and was really getting into urban fantasy.  But, almost everything about the book fell flat for me.  I'm not really sure why, but I never was inspired enough to try some of the later books in the series.  I'll stick to the tv show which is something I never thought I would say.






Private Arrangements by Sherry Thomas
This is Sherry Thomas's debut novel and it had the potential to be a showstopper for me with the unique historical setting and the reunion plotline.  But, I couldn't get into it.  I kept putting it down and never getting back to it.  I have read and adored all of Sherry's other books, but still can't finish this one.  I eventually gave up and decided it just wasn't for me.  But, I do want to say that the rest of Sherry's writing is amazing and she is becoming an auto-buy for me.



*******
I have created different ways for you to follow my blog: GFC, LinkyFollowers, email, Twitter, or Goodreads.  Comment, follow me, and I'll return the favor!!

16 comments:

  1. I agree with you on Private Arrangements by Sherry Thomas

    new follower http://chroniclesofabookaddict.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. I picked Twilight as well. Stopping by and old follower! Have a great Friday!

    Kendal
    Kinx's Book Nook

    ReplyDelete
  3. You and I have the same feelings about Twilight! That was my answer too. It disgusts me. Bleh!

    I'm a new follower. You can find me at www.bibliographyblog.com! Great blog by the way. I'm a big fairy tale fan, myself. Just reviewed one, in fact!

    Have a great day :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. You see I loved the Twilight series during the time I was reading them. Now? Not so much. I loved the Sookie books. Well, at least the first 5. After that it went downhill.

    Here's My FF Post

    GFC Follower

    ReplyDelete
  5. I loved the Sookie books long before TB came on...
    I really enjoyed Under the Never Sky too.

    Old follower-
    My FF
    -Theresa

    ReplyDelete
  6. Agreed with the Sookie Stackhouse series. I love True Blood, but just can't get into the books.
    New Follower :)
    My FF

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hmm, I loved the sookie series and twilight, not sure about the other 2 :D *old follower*

    ReplyDelete
  8. I enjoyed Under the Never Sky, but I can definitely understand why you felt the way you did. And I enjoyed Twilight, but think the writing's terrible and Bella is absurdly annoying. Honestly, I don't know why I like it.

    Old follower!

    Thanks for stopping by my FF!

    ReplyDelete
  9. So happy that Twilight is showing up on so many of these posts! I couldn't get into the Sookie Stackhouse series either. She just really, really annoyed me...

    ReplyDelete
  10. My sister loved Under The Never Sky, but I haven't read it yet.

    Twilight was just one of those books I read years ago that I know idea would be so popular. LOL

    New follower via GFC.

    My FF

    ReplyDelete
  11. New follower here! I love all your explanations for your choices!

    http://littlesqueed.blogspot.com/2012/09/feature-follow.html

    ReplyDelete
  12. Thanks for stopping by.
    Returning the favour.

    ReplyDelete
  13. I hadn't thought of Under the Never Sky but you're right, it is a tad over-hyped... and am I the only one who found it weird that Aria smells like violets because it's her time of the month????? O__o

    ReplyDelete
  14. I'm bummed you didn't like UTNS but I can accept that it's not for everyone. I didn't read the Twilight books until after the New Moon movie came out so I had much lower expectations about the books so I wasn't too disappointed. I enjoyed the first few Sookie books but the later ones aren't really good, and I quite often find myself telling people that if you haven't already started the series not to bother because you'll just be aggravated.

    ReplyDelete
  15. I loved Twilight! And the Sookie Stackhouse series is kind of a guilty pleasure for me :P (also watching True Blood, and you're right it's much better than the books).
    DNFed Under the Never Sky....it was really not my cup of tea.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Thanks for stopping by my FF! I'm a new follower via GFC. :-)

    Tamara @ Shelf Addiction
    http://shelfaddiction.weebly.com

    ReplyDelete

Yeah comments!! Thanks for visiting my blog. I will try to reply to your comments as soon as possible.