Saturday, August 4, 2012

WEEKLY RECAP: Week of July 29-August 3, 2012




**BOOKS READ (4)

Bloodlines (Bloodlines #1) by Richelle Mead
I loved Mead's Vampire Academy series so I was pumped to read the beginning of this spin-off series.  Definitely met my expectations!  I loved the narration of Alchemist Sydney Sage and seeing some old favorites like the delicious Adrian Ivashkov.  See link to full review below.

Sweet Evil (Sweet Trilogy #1) by Wendy Higgins
This was a much darker and more complex read than I expected when I read the book summary.  Higgins provided great characters, interesting worldbuilding, and some very thought-provoking questions about free will and temptation.

Kiss of Frost (Mythos Academy #2) by Jennifer Estep
I really like where Estep is going with this series.  I loved seeing Gwen aka Gypsy Girl again especially with her sarcastic talking sword.  The worldbuilding in these books is insane and perfect for a mythology buff like me. 

Dark Frost (Mythos Academy #3) by Jennifer Estep
My favorite book of the series so far!  The action starts from the beginning and just keeps going until the end.  The main storyline really moved forward and took some interesting turns I hadn't expected.  Gwen continues to be a great, but flawed heroine.
 
**REVIEWS**


No comments:

Post a Comment

Yeah comments!! Thanks for visiting my blog. I will try to reply to your comments as soon as possible.