Sunday, August 26, 2012

WEEKLY RECAP: August 20-26, 2012




**BOOKS CURRENTLY READING

Kitty and the Midnight Hour (Kitty Norville #1) by Carrie Vaughn
-First book in a popular Urban Fantasy series about werewolves and their place in human society.  I'm really liking the heroine, Kitty, despite her submissive behavior within her pack.  Loving the radio show sections!  I'm listening to this on audiobook.

Stars & Stripes (Cut & Run #6) by Abigail Roux
-Ty and Zane go to Texas!  Love that we're getting to see them become comfortable with their relationship and watching them interact as a couple.  I also enjoyed what happens when Ty gets a Stetson...

Legend (Legend #1) by Marie Lu
-I've had this YA dystopian on my TBR shelf for over six months and finally got inspired to start it.  Really liking the alternate povs, but haven't deep enough in the plot to make any other points about the book yet.

**BOOKS READ

Dine & Dash (Cut & Run #5.5) by Abigail Roux -- 3.5 Stars
-Sexy little freebie on Roux's tumblr account.  Very little plot, but lots of hot sex!

Tied Up Tied Down (Rough Riders #4) by Lorelei James -- 3.5 Stars
-Not one of my favorites in the series.  I loved Kade and how deep of a character he was.  His scenes with little Eliza were wonderful and realistic.  Skylar got on my nerves for about 80% of the book and I never felt connected to her.  The sex scenes got a little overdone though they are still well-written.

City of Bones (Mortal Instruments #1) by Cassandra Clare -- 4 Stars

-Finally started this series!  I can understand the hype now.  Really like the creative worldbuilding and the fun characters.  Jace makes me laugh and Simon is just too adorkable for words.  Not sure about my feelings on Clary yet, but I'll hold judgment until I read more.  The revelation at the end was a little jarring, but I'm interested to see where the author takes the series from here.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Yeah comments!! Thanks for visiting my blog. I will try to reply to your comments as soon as possible.