Wednesday, August 1, 2012

WAITING ON WEDNESDAY (27): "A Lady By Midnight" by Tessa Dare

Waiting on Wednesday is a weekly meme hosted by Breaking the Spine to highlight upcoming releases we're anxiously awaiting. 





(Spindle Cove #3)
by Tessa Dare

Historical Romance
Avon Books -- August 28, 2012

A temporary engagement, a lifetime in the making...

After years of fending for herself, Kate Taylor found friendship and acceptance in Spindle Cove, but she never stopped yearning for love.  The very last place she'd look for it is in the arms of Corporal Thorne.  The militia commander is as stone cold as he is brutally handsome.  But, when mysterious strangers come searching for Kate, Thorne steps forward as her fiance.  He claims to have only Kate's safety in mind.  So why is there smoldering passion in his kiss?

Long ago, Samuel Thorne devoted his life to guarding Kate's happiness.  He wants what's best for her, and he knows it is not marriage to a man like him.  To outlast their temporary engagement, he must keep his hands off her tempting body and lock her warm smiles out of his withered heart.  It's the toughest battle of this hardened warrior's life and the first he seems destined to lose.


WHY I'M FEATURING IT: I have absolutely adored the first two books in this historical romance series along with most of the author's other books.  I was intrigued by both of these characters in the earlier books and can't wait to see what Dare comes up with next.  If you are interested, here are the links to my reviews of the other Spindle Cove books, A Night To Surrender and A Week To Be Wicked.

7 comments:

  1. I have not heard of this book but I will be checking it out! Thanks for spotlighting it!

    Here is my WOW: http://paulettespapers.com/?p=2273

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think they have this on either Netgalley or Edelweiss. You should check!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oooo looks like a good book; I'm a huge fan of historical romance :P

    -Sarah

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm not a big historical or romance reader, but I can definitely see the draw to this one!

    Thanks for stopping by my WoW!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ohh HOT Cover!!! I love romance although I'm not a big historical lover as well. But this one sounds pretty good! I like the guardian/military plotline. Thanks for stopping by!

    ReplyDelete
  6. OMG, that cover is HOOOOT. I want to read it based on the cover alone.

    Thanks for stopping by.

    ReplyDelete
  7. This cover makes me giggle (yes, I'm immature). I'd definitely be hiding it while reading the book. Don't want coworkers to know what I'm reading about. But then again, I caught a coworker reading Fifty Shades of Grey, so who knows. Anyways, back to the cover. Love it!

    Thanks for visiting my WoW. And sorry I'm a day late in responding...

    ReplyDelete

Yeah comments!! Thanks for visiting my blog. I will try to reply to your comments as soon as possible.