Tuesday, August 7, 2012

TOP TEN TUESDAY (32): Me as a Reader and Blogger

Sponsored by the ladies over at The Broke and the Bookish.

TOP TEN BLOG POSTS THAT SHOW THE BEST PICTURE OF ME AS A READER/BLOGGER


I am kinda cheating on this first answer because it is actually a group of posts.  One thing that readers of my blog know about me is my unabashed adoration of heroes so it shouldn't come as a surprise that one of my favorite memes is My Book Boyfriend sponsored by Missie at The Unread Reader.  Most of these posts feature swoon-worthy quotes and information about some of my favorite heroes.  I have participated in this meme forty-seven times so it is hard to pick a few to feature.  But, my personal favorites were Bones , Valerius, Wolfe, Dimitri, and Barrons.

I think this TTT post is a great introduction to my reading tastes since I like to think I enjoy a variety of book genres.  I also think it showcases what type of characters I enjoy reading about and what attracts me to them.  Some examples of the characters in this post are Bones from the Night Huntress series, Luna Lovegood from Harry Potter, and Grimalkin from the Iron Fey series.


3. Top Ten Tuesday: Childhood Favorites (Posted December 6, 2011)
I have been a reader for most of my life and this post helps track my growth.  I had a fabulous time going through my Goodreads shelves and remembering all the great books I loved as a child.  Some of the books I featured in this post are There's a Nightmare in my Closet, Ramona, the Pest, and the Babysitter's Club series.

4. Top Ten Tuesday: Love Stories (Posted June 5, 2012)
This was a post I did for a Rewind Topic week on TTT.  Any reader of my blog should know that I adore romance of any type so I think this is a great introduction to the love stories that make my heart sing.  I tried to focus more on the actual path of the romance rather than just the couple for this list.  Some examples of books featured in this post are Persuasion, This Lullaby, and Outlander.

5. Top Ten Tuesday: Books I'd Give a Theme Song (Posted February 28, 2012)
This TTT topic allowed me to show my readers some more books that I love as well as show them my love of music.  I am a former competitive dancer so music has been a major part of my life.  It was an absolute blast to figure out how some of my favorite songs would pair with some of my favorite stories.  Some examples of books featured in this post are The Fault in Our Stars, Fever series, and Harry Potter.

6. Thankful For: An American Girl (Posted November 3, 2011)
This post was a part of a contest sponsored by Beth Revis, author of Across the Universe and A Million Suns.  In it, I had to write about a book or series of books that I am most thankful for and why.  I chose the American Girl books because of the impact they still have on my reading and life.  This post provides a great example of how I gained the reading tastes I have today.

This is one of the first reviews I posted on this blog and I am especially proud of it.  I absolutely adored this book and wanted to show that love to my blog readers.  It also provides an example of the diversity of my reading tastes since Between Sinners and Saints is a contemporary male/male romance.

8. Review of Divergent by Veronica Roth (Posted October 11, 2011)
Divergent was my favorite book I read in 2011 so I decided to feature the review I did of it.  I don't think there was one thing I didn't like about the story and I tried to convey that in the review without making too much of a gush-fest.  This review also shows my love of the dystopian genre.


9. Reviews of The Agency series by Y.S. Lee
A Spy in the House (Posted January 23, 2012)
The Body at the Tower (Posted February 9, 2012)
The Traitor in the Tunnel (Posted March 23, 2012)
These books are ones that I just discovered this year.  It is a young adult historical mystery series that focuses on a strong, intelligent heroine who is a spy in Victorian London.  I am very proud of the reviews I did for these three books as well as the fact that I listened to the first two on audiobook!

10. Reviews of the Jane Jameson series by Molly Harper
Nice Girls Don't Have Fangs (Posted May 10, 2012)
Nice Girls Don't Date Dead Men (Posted May 25, 2012)
Nice Girls Don't Live Forever (Posted June 18, 2012)
This is another series that I devoured within a few months of this year.  The Jane Jameson series is a paranormal series that is full of comedy, love, and plenty of charm.  I listened to the entire series on audiobook and I tried to feature that in my reviews.

3 comments:

  1. My Book Boyfriend is one of my favorite memes! (: Great list!

    My Top Ten

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh you have no idea how hard it was for me to not make my entire list a collection of MBB posts.... But I resisted!
    Here’s my TTT

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great posts! They made me chuckle. Glad to get to know ya better! :D

    ReplyDelete

Yeah comments!! Thanks for visiting my blog. I will try to reply to your comments as soon as possible.