Wednesday, August 29, 2012

MY BOOK BOYFRIEND (50): Hall of Fame



My Book Boyfriend is an awesome weekly meme hosted by Missie at The Unread Reader all about fictional boys who make us swoon.  

This week I am celebrating my !!50th!! My Book Boyfriend post so I decided to do something a little different.  I have featured alot of guys over the past year and have met many more suggested by my fellow bloggers.  Therefore, in celebration, I have decided to feature my favorite book boyfriends from the past forty-nine posts.  I am calling it my Book Boyfriend Hall of Fame!  In creating this list, I did not have a set number in my head.  I just decided to look at the guys I've featured and figure out who is most deserving.  BTW, I am providing links to the original MBB posts for each boyfriend.  Enjoy! 



Acheron Parthenopaeus -- Dark Hunters series by Sherrilyn Kenyon
Played in my head by Travis Fimmel.



It’s easy to look at people and make quick judgments about them, their present, and their past, but you’d be amazed at the pain and tears a single smile hides. What a person shows to the world is only one tiny facet of the iceberg hidden from sight. And more often than not, it’s lined with cracks and scars that go all the way to the foundations of their soul. --Acheron





Adrian Ivashkov -- Vampire Academy/Bloodlines series by Richelle Mead
Played in my head by Ed Westwick.


"Takes a lot of tries before you hit perfection." He paused to reconsider that. "Well, except for my parents. They got it on the first try." --Bloodlines 

"I tried to be a better person for her– but it was to impress her, to get her to want me. But when I’m around you, I want to be better because… well, because it feels right. Because I want to. You make me want to become something greater than myself. I want to excel. You inspire me in every act, every word, every glance. I look at you, and you’re like… like light made into flesh. […] You have no clue how beautiful you are or how brightly you shine." --The Golden Lily 



Anthony Bridgerton -- The Viscount Who Loved Me by Julia Quinn
Played in my head by Richard Armitage.



“Listen to me," his voice even and intense,"and listen well, because I'm only going to say this once. I desire you. I burn for you. I can't sleep at night for wanting you. Even when I didn't like you, I lusted for you. It's the most maddening thing, beguiling, damnable thing, but there it is. And if I'm to hear one more word of nonsense from your lips, I'm going to have to tie you to the bed bloody bed and have my way with you a hundred different ways, until you finally get it through your silly skull that you are the most beautiful and desirable woman in England, and if anyone else doesn't see that they're bloody fools.”



Ashallyn'darkmyr Tallyn -- Iron Fey series by Julie Kagawa
Played in my head by Ben Barnes.



"I've seen thousands of mortal girls," he said softly, "more than you could ever count, from all corners of your world. To me, they're all the same." His finger slid below my chin, tilting my head up. "They only see this outer shell, not who I really am, beneath. You have. You've seen me without the glamour and illusions, even the ones I show my family, the farce I maintain just to survive. You've seen who I really am, and yet, you're still here." He brushed his thumb over my skin, leaving a trail of icy heat. "You're here, and the only dance I want is this one.” --The Iron Daughter


“I have come from the End of the World.... From the River of Dreams, through the gauntlet and the Briar and the Deep Wyld, in order to stand before you today. I have but one request - to take my place at your side. To resume my duty as your knight, and to protect you and your kingdom for as long as I draw breath.” --The Iron Knight



Bones -- Night Huntress series by Jeaniene Frost
Played in my head by Andy Richardson.


 "Kitten, you need to make a decision. Either we stay here and behave or we leave now
and I promise you”—his voice dipped lower and the words fell against my lips—“if we
leave, I won’t behave." --Halfway to the Grave


"I love your hands,” he sighed. “You think I look like an angel? Well, Kitten, your hands are my heaven and your eyes are my home." --This Side of the Grave


Dimitri Belikov -- Vampire Academy series by Richelle Mead
Played in my head by Taylor Kitsch.



"You and I will both be Lissa's guardians someday.  I need to protect her at all cost.  If a pack of Strigoi come, I need to throw my body between them and her."
"I know that.  Of course that's what you have to do."  The black sparkles were dancing in front of my eyes again.  I was fading out.
"No.  If I let myself love you, I won't throw myself in front of her.  I'll myself in front of you." --Vampire Academy


"We can't . . ." He told me.
"I know," I agreed.
Then his mouth was on mine again, and this time, I knew there would be no turning back.  There were no walls this time.  Our bodies wrapped together as he tried to get my coat off, then his shirt, then my shirt . . . It really was a lot like when we'd fought out on the quad earlier--that same passion and heat.  I think at the end of the day, the instincts that power fighting and sex aren't so different. They all come from an animal side of us. --Shadow Kiss


Eidolon -- Demonica series by Larissa Ione
Played in my head by Nathan Kane.


"You keep licking your lips.  Are you nervous?"
"They're just dry."
The darkness in his gaze intensified as he watched her, and then he dipped his head until their lips nearly touched and she could feel the softest draft of air in the span of distance between them.  "I can help with that." --Pleasure Unbound
He'd looked for a mate for so long, and now that he'd found the most perfect female he could imagine, he couldn't lose her.  Wouldn't lose her. Tayla was his life.  A growl rose up in his chest as he stalked into the bedroom, the need to lay his claim on her, to show her she was his and that she had better keep herself safe, turning him into a creature of pure instinct. --Demonica Overkill


Gabriel Nightengale -- Jane Jameson series by Molly Harper
Played in my head by Ian Somerhalder.



"I haven't had a lot of good, soft things in my life," he said against my forehead. "Not since my family sent me away. Apart from being your sire and feeling that pull to you, it's that goodness, that softness and warmth, along with the resolve and strength in you, that I love. Being turned hasn't taken that from you. If someone were going to design the perfect mate for me, it would be you. Even when you infuriate me with your pigheaded stubbornness and your temper and incredible lack of anything resembling self-preservation—"
"Stop describing me please."
"You're the most fascinating, maddening, adorable creature I've ever met," he said, sighing and pushing my hair out of my eyes. "So, when I seem possessive or I'm raving like a lunatic, it's just that part of me is still very afraid that I'll lose that—that I'll lose you. I love you."
--Nice Girls Don't Date Dead Men



Heath Champion -- Match Me If You Can by Susan Elizabeth Phillips
Played in my head by Christian Bale.




"You're beautiful, every part of you. I love your hair, the way it looks, the way it feels. I love touching it, smelling it. I love the way you wrinkle your nose when you laugh. It makes me laugh, too, every time. And I love watching you eat. Sometimes you can't shovel it in fast enough, but when you get interested in a conversation, you forget there's anything in front of you. God knows, I love making love with you. I can't even talk about that without wanting you."


James Easton -- The Agency series by Y.S. Lee
Played in my head by James McAvoy.



He smiled. "I suppose I thought we'd have a madly impractical, terrifyingly modern sort of marriage. One based on love. Not to mention dangerous undertakings and hair's-breadth escapes from burning buildings, high ledges and exploding sewers."
"And bickering."
"Always that, yes."
"Assuming I want to marry at all."
"True. I know of no good way of forcing you to do anything."
"And you're mad enough to think it could work - one day?"
He cupped her face in his hands. His smile was so brilliant it seemed to illuminate the room. "I think it would be heaven."
She trembled, then. "You have a very strange idea of heaven."
"Kiss me and see." --The Traitor in the Tunnel




Jericho Z. Barrons -- Fever series by Karen Marie Moning
Played in my head by David Gandy.



He pulls me around and kisses me. "You're Mac," he says. "And I'm Jericho. And nothing else matters.  Never will.  You exist in a place that is beyond all rules for me.  Do you understand that?" I do.  Jericho Barrons just told me he loves me. --Shadowfever




John Matthew -- Black Dagger Brotherhood series by JR Ward
Played in my head by Jed Hill.



He traced over her features with his fingertips.  And as he did, for some strange reason, he felt the arms of infinity wrapping around them both, holding them close...linking them forever.
Yes, he mouthed.  I would hold you up.  I will ever hold you dear, lover mine.
As he fused their mouths, he thought that was his vow to her.  Mating ceremony or not...that was his vow to his female. --Lover Mine



Judd Lauren -- Caressed by Ice by Nalini Singh
Played in my head by David Boreanaz.



"There is no us, Brenna."  There couldn't be, not if he wanted her to live the life she deserved.  "For some reason, you're attracted to me.  And yes," he said when it looked like she was going to respond with another burst of red-hot anger, "I'm tempted by you.  But that means nothing."


They called him the Man of Ice, but where Brenna was concerned, he was anything but.  If she stroked him, he wouldn't be able to complete even a tenth of his plan.  And for a man who'd been hungry as long as he had, a quick bite held no appeal.  He wanted to linger, to gorge, to indulge.


Malkom Slaine -- Demon from the Dark by Kresley Cole
Played in my head by Wes Ramsey.

 

 He interlaced his fingers and said, "We are bound."
"Bound?"
He collected a piece of rope, knotting it.
"Oh, you mean bound?"
He gave a nod, then drew in the sand.
An infinity symbol? "Clever demon, how did you know that...?"
He was gazing at her with a question in his eyes.
"Bound forever?" And somehow she met his gaze and lied, "Yes, demon. Bound forever."
As if to make her feel guiltier, he gathered her into his arms, cupping her face against his broad chest. His voice a deep rumble, he said, "Carrow is Malkom's." 
 

Peeta Mellark -- Hunger Games Trilogy by Suzanne Collins
Played in my head by Josh Hutcherson.


"Do you mean you won't kill anyone?" I ask.
"No, when the time comes, I'm sure I'll kill just like everybody else. I can't go down without a fight. Only I keep wishing I could think of a way to... to show the Capitol they don't own me. That I'm more than just a piece in their Games," says Peeta. --The Hunger Games


"I knew you'd kiss me."
"How?" I say. Because I didn't know myself.
"Because I am in pain," He says, "That's the only way I get your attention."--Mockingjay



Roarke -- In Death series by JD Robb
Played in my head by David Gandy.


"For once, he slept first.  She lay in the dark, listening to him breathe, stealing a little of his warmth as her own body cooled.  Since he was asleep, she stroked his hair.
"I love you," she murmured, "I love you so much, I'm stupid about it."With a sigh, she settled down, closed her eyes, and willed her mind to empty.
Beside her, Roarke smiled into the dark.  He never slept first. --Ceremony in Death

"Do you remember the first time we made love?"  He touched his lips to hers as he said it.  "We rode up in the elevator like this and couldn't keep our hands off each other, couldn't get to each other quick enough.  I was mad for you.  I wanted you more than I wanted to keep breathing.  I still do."  He deepened the kiss as the elevator doors opened.  "Its never going to change." --Big Jack


Valerius Magnus -- Seize the Night by Sherrilyn Kenyon
Played in my head by Eric Bana.



"I'm not stupid.  I've seen the people who are your friends.  None of them look like me.  None of them act or speak like me.  All of you mock anyone you see who looks or acts like I do.  Your kind hates us.  You dismiss us.  I'm rich and cultured, I come from a noble Roman family, therefore I must think myself above everybody else, so it's okay to be vicious and cold whenever I'm around.  We have no feelings to hurt."


 "No, that ring means that the wearer is worth his or her weight in gold. See?"  He held it up so that she could see the regal crest.
A slow smile spread across her face.  "I'm worth my weight in gold?"
Valerius moved her hand to his lips so that he could kiss it.  "You're worth a lot more than that to me."


Zsadist -- Black Dagger Brotherhood series by JR Ward
Played in my head by Wentworth Miller.


"What is your name?" she murmured.
He cocked an eyebrow at her and then went back to staring at his brother. "I'm the evil one, in case you haven't figured it out."
"I wanted your name, not your calling."
"Being a bastard's more of a compulsion, really. And it's Zsadist. I am Zsadist."
--Lover Eternal 

"I was dead until you found me, though I breathed. I was sightless, though I could see. And then you came...and I was awakened." --Lover Awakened


5 comments:

  1. Congrats on the 50th post of this meme! These are some great quotes! :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree with so many of these! Acheron, Bones, Judd, Barrons and Zsadist's are absolutely my top book boyfriends too. I'm so glad I'm not the only one with 50ish book boyfriends!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I meant to also say I agree with loads of your castings too! Especially Wentworth Miller and 2 David Gandy's:)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ohhh great post! We share some book boyfriends :) I definitely like your pick for Bones.

    ReplyDelete
  5. My body was not ready for this level of swoonery.

    Congrats on your 50th post and I love your idea of a MBB Hall of Fame!

    ReplyDelete

Yeah comments!! Thanks for visiting my blog. I will try to reply to your comments as soon as possible.