Wednesday, August 22, 2012

MY BOOK BOYFRIEND (49): Adrian Ivashkov



My Book Boyfriend is an awesome weekly meme created by Missie at The Unread Reader all about fictional boys who make us swoon.  For the rest of this year, this feature will be hosted by Lesley at My Keeper Shelf so head on over and join in the fun!  This week I am swooning over:

ADRIAN IVASHKOV

Vampire Academy/Bloodlines series by Richelle Mead






ABOUT ADRIAN:
  • 21 years old with messy brown hair  and green eyes
  • Member of an upper class Moroi (good vampire) family
  • Controls the Spirit element which gives him the ability to heal, sense auras, and visit people in their dreams.
  • Very charming and protective of those he cares about.
  • Has the reputation of being lazy and a party boy.
  • Uses drinking and sleeping around to fight depression and impending insanity.


"It's late, I'm tired, and your cigarettes are giving me a headache," I growled.
"I suppose that's fair." He drew in on the cigarette and let out the smoke. "Some women think they make me look sexy."
"I think you smoke them so you have something to do while thinking up your next witty line."
He choked on the smoke, caught between inhaling and laughing. "Rose Hathaway, I can't wait to see you again. If you're this charming while tired and annoyed and this gorgeous while bruised and in ski clothes, you must be devastating at your peak." --Frostbite
 



Adrian laughed just then, a weird kind of laugh that made my skin crawl. "Young girls? Young girls? Sure. Young and old at the same time. They've barely seen anything in life, yet they've already seen too much. One's marked with life, and one's marked with death…but they're the ones you're worried about? Worry about yourself, dhampir. Worry about you, and worry about me. We're the ones who are young."  The rest of us just sort of stared. I don't think anyone had expected Adrian to suddenly take an abrupt trip to Crazyville. --Frostbite



"You, know I'm the Queen's favorite great nephew, Well, yeah I'm her only great nephew, but that's not important, I'd still be her favorite..." --Shadow Kiss



"You've asked me out tons of times."
"Not really. I've made inappropriate suggestions and frequently pushed for nudity. But I've never asked you out on a real date." --Blood Promise
 


"Rose, I'm an addict with no work ethic who is likely going to go insane. I'm not like you. I'm not a super-hero." --Last Sacrifice


"Yeah? Can you draw a skeleton riding a motorcycle with flames coming out of it? And I want a pirate hat on the skeleton. And a parrot on his shoulder. A skeleton parrot. Or maybe a ninja skeleton parrot? No, that would be overkill. But it'd be cool if the biker skeleton could be shooting some ninja throwing stars. That are on fire." --Bloodlines 


"Takes a lot of tries before you hit perfection." He paused to reconsider that. "Well, except for my parents. They got it on the first try." --Bloodlines 



"Day 24. Situation is growing worse. My captors continue to find new and horrific ways to torture me. When not working, Agent Scarlet spends her days examining fabric swatches for bridesmaid dresses and going on about how in love she is. This usually causes Agent Boring Borscht to regale us with stories of Russian weddings that are even more boring than his usual ones. My attempts at escape have been thwarted thus far. Also, I am out of cigarettes. Any assistance or tobacco products you can send will be greatly appreciated.-Prisoner 24601"
--The Golden Lily 


"He shouldn't have said that," repeated Adrian, eerily serious. He leaned his face toward mine. "I don't care if he's not the emotional type or the complimentary type or what. No one can look at you in this dress, in all that fire and gold, and start talking about anachronisms. If I were him, I would have said, 'You are the most beautiful creature I have ever seen walking this earth." --The Golden Lily 


"I tried to be a better person for her– but it was to impress her, to get her to want me. But when I’m around you, I want to be better because… well, because it feels right. Because I want to. You make me want to become something greater than myself. I want to excel. You inspire me in every act, every word, every glance. I look at you, and you’re like… like light made into flesh. […] You have no clue how beautiful you are or how brightly you shine." --The Golden Lily 


My Adrian: Ed Westwick


ABOUT THE VAMPIRE ACADEMY SERIES: Two races of vampires walk our world.  One, the Moroi, are alive and wield elemental magical.  The other, the Strigoi, are undead and evil--feeding on the innocent to survive.  Rose Hathaway--a half-vampire with poor impulse control--is training to be a bodyguard for a Moroi princess.  Learning to decapitate and stake is hard enough, but Rose's real danger may lie in an illicit romance with one of her instructors. 

List of Titles (in order):
Vampire Academy
1. Vampire Academy
2. Frostbite
3. Shadow Kiss
4. Blood Promise
5. Spirit Bound
6. Last Sacrifice


ABOUT THE BLOODLINES SERIES: Rose's story might have wrapped up in the Vampire Academy series, but there's still lots more to tell about the other characters from that world. This spin-off series centers around Sydney the Alchemist, a human teen who's part of a group to keep the existence of vampires secret from the world. Sydney's spent her entire life being taught that vampires and dhampirs are evil and unnatural, but all that's about to change when she's forced into hiding with Jill, Adrian, and Eddie.




List of Titles (in order):
Bloodlines
1. Bloodlines
2. The Golden Lily
3. The Indigo Spell (Coming February 2013)

7 comments:

  1. He totally deserved winning the YA Crush Tourney (next to Will Herondale). I was ecstatic when I found out he won.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Adrian!!! I want him to find love! He so deserves it. I'm so happy this new series seems to be making that happen for me.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have Bloodlines and The Golden Lily sitting on my bookshelf, I keep saying I need to get round to them! Adrian just seems so laid back doesn't he? And FUNNY!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ohhhh Adrian.
    He's a great book boyfriend but goshdarnit, the YA crush tourney still hurts! T_T
    ...It will have to be some time before I can finally read Bloodlines...

    ReplyDelete
  5. ADRIAN IVASHKOV IS MY FAVORITE! haha. Great choice this week. :D

    ReplyDelete
  6. SQUEEE!!! I just died of swoon. I adore Adrian. ADORE. My favorite book boyfriend. Ever.

    -Jac @ For Love and Books

    ReplyDelete
  7. I seriously LOVE this guy! Those quotes definitely have me needing to re-read this right now, he's great. And I so NEED to read the new series, it sounds like it's going to be fantastic! Thank you so much for sharing – Have a great weekend! :)

    Here's mine:

    http://amylunderman.blogspot.com/2012/08/my-book-boyfriend-21-four-tobias.html

    ReplyDelete

Yeah comments!! Thanks for visiting my blog. I will try to reply to your comments as soon as possible.