Wednesday, August 8, 2012

MY BOOK BOYFRIEND (48): Logan Quinn



My Book Boyfriend is an awesome weekly meme created by Missie at The Unread Reader all about fictional boys who make us swoon.  For the rest of this year, this feature will be hosted by Lesley at My Keeper Shelf so head on over and join in the fun!  This week I am swooning over:

LOGAN QUINN

MYTHOS ACADEMY SERIES BY JENNIFER ESTEP


About Logan:
  • Seventeen years old.
  • Spartan warrior.
  • Has the ability to use almost any object as a weapon.
  • Known to be quite the ladies man at Mythos Academy.
  • Is very secretive about his past and his family.


 Everything about Logan screamed bad boy, from his thick, silky, ink-black hair to his intense blue eyes to the black leather jacket that highlighted his broad shoulders.  Oh yeah, he was sexy in a rough, rumpled, I-just-climbed-out-of-some-girl's-bed kind of way. --Touch of Frost



 Logan Quinn was the kind of guy who could stab me in the eye with a freaking Twizzler. --Touch of Frost


"Come on, Gypsy girl. I'm bleeding to death here, in case you haven't noticed. At least make it worth my while and kiss me before I die." --Kiss of Frost


"I’ll give you this, Spartan. You sure can kiss. Feel free to lay one on me anytime you want to."
"Well, I do aim to please," he drawled. "You should see what I can do with my hands. And other parts of my body."
I rolled my eyes. "Seriously? You’ve been cut open like a fish, there’s a psycho-killer Reaper after us, and you’re still hitting me up for sex?"
Logan shrugged, but the devilish light didn’t fade from his gaze. "Hey, you can’t blame a guy for trying." --Kiss of Frost


"So," he said.  "Would this be a good time to talk about . . . us?"
I blinked at the abrupt change in subject.  "What?"
For a second, he looked uncomfortable.  "You know, us.  As in you and me, and what's going on between us."
Confused, I just kept staring at him.
He sighed, "Girls always seem to want to talk about stuff like that.  All the time.  So I thought I'd bring it up first.  For a change."  He muttered the last few words under his breath.  --Dark Frost


My Logan: Tom Welling (IMDB page)

About the Mythos Academy series:

   

The Mythos Academy books focus on Gwen Frost, a 17-year-old Gypsy girl who has the gift of psychometry, or the ability to know an object’s history just by touching it. Gwen’s magic lets her see everyone who has ever touched or used an object as well as feel their emotions — the good, the bad, and the ugly.

After a serious freak-out with her magic, Gwen finds herself shipped off to Mythos Academy, a school for the descendents of ancient warriors like Spartans, Valkyries, and more. The academy is located in the fictional suburb of Cypress Mountain, North Carolina, and the kids there are training how to use their magic and various skills to fight Reapers of Chaos. The Reapers are some seriously bad guys who want to free the evil god Loki from his mystical prison so Loki can take over the world and enslave everyone.

Gwen doesn’t think that she belongs at the academy or that she’s any kind of warrior, but she’s wrong — and she’s a lot stronger than she realizes.
(From Jennifer Estep's website)

List of Titles (in order):
0.5. First Frost (prequel novella)
1. Touch of Frost
1.5. Halloween Frost (novella)
2. Kiss of Frost
3. Dark Frost
4. Crimson Frost (To Be Released December 2012)
5. Midnight Frost (To Be Released August 2013)

10 comments:

  1. Ok; I need to read this series now, I think I would LOVE Logan!!

    -Jac @ For Love and Books

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I definitely recommend it to all my blog readers because it is a great blend of urban fantasy and young adult.

      Delete
  2. I absolutely LOVE Logan "freaking" Quinn and you've picked some awesome quotes Jennifer. I think everyone should read the Mythos Academy series it's one of my all time favourite YA series.
    Fantastic choice!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I've had a thing for Logan since Touch of Frost, but wanted to wait to finish Kiss of Frost and Dark Frost before doing an MBB post.

      Delete
  3. I really need to read this series! Logan seems great :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Awww Logan <3
    What can I say, I'm a sucker for handsome bad boys like him! Great choice!
    I really need to finish this series....

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I will admit I had Kiss of Frost and Dark Frost on my TBR shelf for two months before I read them both in less than a week. So don't feel bad about not finishing it yet...I waited almost an entire year after reading Touch of Frost!

      Delete
  5. I just picked up Touch of Frost today! I don't know when I'll read it, but I'm looking forward to it :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think you will love it, Kimberly! It is a nice twist on the sometimes stale "magic school" plot.

      Delete

Yeah comments!! Thanks for visiting my blog. I will try to reply to your comments as soon as possible.