Friday, August 31, 2012

FOLLOW FRIDAY (40) and TGIF (28)

Gain New Blog Followers
Feature & Follow Friday is a blog hop that expands your blog following by a joint effort between bloggers. Feature & Follow Friday is now hosted by TWO hosts, Rachel of Parajunkee and Alison of Alison Can Read. Each host will have their own Feature Blog and this way it'll allow us to show off more new blogs!


This Week's Feature Blogs:

Nette's Bookshelf Reviews
Cheerful Reviews

Alison and Rachel have two different questions this week so I decided to answer both!

Q1: What is the best cover of a book that you've read and loved?


Cinder by Marissa Meyer was one of my favorite reads of 2011 and the cover is completely worthy of such an awesome story.  I first became interested in the book because of the awesome cover with the cool shoe and the hints of sci-fi.  Love it!!

Q2: What is the best cover of a book that you've read and didn't like?

I freaking love the cover of Fallen by Lauren Kate...actually I love all the covers in the series.  But, I really disliked the book and haven't gotten the inspiration to try the later ones.  I just wish I could get the covers as paintings to hang all over my house. 


*******
I have created different ways for you to follow my blog: GFC, LinkyFollowers, email, Twitter, or Goodreads.  Comment, follow me, and I'll return the favor!!


********************


Hosted by Ginger at GReads.

This Friday's Question
Choose Your Next Read: How do you go about choosing what you read next?  Do you have a schedule you follow or do you read whatever makes you happy at the moment?

I am a very impulsive reader.  After I finish a book, I just walk over to my TBR shelf (which is growing leaps and bounds right now) and wade through it until I find a book that peaks my interest at the moment.  Sometimes I find myself wishing I could establish and keep a reading schedule, but no luck so far!

13 comments:

  1. Sometimes, I feel the urge to just take ONE look at my shelf. Whatever strikes my fancy, that's usually what I end up picking up!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is a beautiful cover!! Too bad it wasn't good :-(

    Old follower.

    Ensconced in YA
    My FF

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love both of these covers, but like you, could only enjoy Cinder. I wish I could use the Fallen covers as art too!

    My FF
    Kristan @ Lost Amongst the Shelves

    ReplyDelete
  4. New follower. I have Cinder but I haven't read it yet. I love the Fallen series covers too.

    Here's my FF

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh my gosh I totally fell for the gorgeous cover of Fallen too! It was so pretty that I couldn't resist reading it... but when I read it I seriously wished I hadn't.

    Here's my FF

    ReplyDelete
  6. love BOTH covers! i have seen a lot of people use the fallen series for books they didn't like but loved the cover for and i agree. I didn't like the book much either! new GFC follower!:)

    MY FF:
    http://lotsofloveliterature.blogspot.co.uk/2012/08/feature-and-follow-friday-4.html

    ReplyDelete
  7. I have the same cover for the second question! I love that Cinder cover, though.

    New GFC Follower :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. I loveee Cinder's cover. I'm dying to read it! I can't believe it's taking me so long, I need to get on that!
    Thanks for stopping by my FF, I'm an old follower! <3

    ReplyDelete
  9. I LOVE Cinder! It was an awesome retelling. I really enjoyed how it was a futuristic/sci-fi retelling rather than a modern day retelling. I'm so excited for Scarlet! :D

    New follower via GFC. Krystianna @ Downright Dystopian

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh wow, I have seen Fallen four times now for good cover, sucky book. Guess I wont be trying to read it. I liked Cinder. A really nice cover too.

    Thanks for stopping by.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I'm a fairly impulsive reader myself. I could never schedule books to be read.

    The Fallen series doesn't interest me but I do agree that the covers are absolutely gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Ooo...I love the Cinder cover, but I haven't read it yet!
    New follower!

    ReplyDelete

Yeah comments!! Thanks for visiting my blog. I will try to reply to your comments as soon as possible.