Friday, August 24, 2012

FOLLOW FRIDAY (39) and TGIF (27)

Gain New Blog Followers
Feature & Follow Friday is a blog hop that expands your blog following by a joint effort between bloggers. Feature & Follow Friday is now hosted by TWO hosts, Rachel of Parajunkee and Alison of Alison Can Read. Each host will have their own Feature Blog and this way it'll allow us to show off more new blogs!


This Week's Feature Blogs:
Awesomesauce Book Club
Book Me!

Q: Worst cover?  What is the worst cover of a book that you've read and loved?


1. Almost every book in Nalini Singh's Psy-Changeling series: These books are amazing and worth much better covers.  Who is designing these things?


2. See Jane Score by Rachel Gibson: A great hockey-themed romance whose cover has a random pair of lips and a horrid mix of blue, red, and yellow.  Color me confused...


3. It Had To Be You by Susan Elizabeth Phillips: Another fabulous sports-themed romance, this time football, that has an overabundance of cleavage on the cover.  I thought these were supposed to make women want to buy them, not steer clear.


4. Lord of Scoundrels by Loretta Chase: This answer also includes most every historical romance cover in existence especially the ones with half-naked couples in biologically impossible positions.  These books, especially LoS, are so much better than that!



*******
I have created different ways for you to follow my blog: GFC, LinkyFollowers, email, Twitter, or Goodreads.  Comment, follow me, and I'll return the favor!!


********************


Hosted by Ginger at GReads.

This Friday's Question
Back to School Reading: Which books would you like to see in today's high school literature classrooms? 


For my answer this week, I decided to create two categories: classics that should be included and modern examples that could get high school students excited to read.

Classics
Pride and Prejudice by Jane Austen
The Outsiders by S.E. Hinton 
To Kill a Mockingbird by Harper Lee
Twelfth Night by William Shakespeare



ModernThe Book Thief by Markus Zusak
The Fault in Our Stars by John Green
Staying Fat for Sarah Byrnes by Chris Crutcher
Article 5 by Kristen Simmons




13 comments:

  1. I with you on those covers. None of them are good! Old follower! Happy friday! :D

    My FFs are at Musings on Fantasia and LKHill.

    ReplyDelete
  2. They sure chose well the covers! o.O LOL None are exactly pretty xD
    I'm a new follower via GFC (I'm under ele05gs), please follow back if you can.
    My FF

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi!
    I just came across your site and it is really lovely! I happily followed you and will enjoy reading your updates. You can find me over at Rainy Day Reads, www.rainydayreads.com It would be great if you could stop by and I would love to have a fellow book lover as a new follower.
    Christine x
    Rainy Day Reads
    www.rainydayreads.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi I with u on the cover ewwww lol FF#. I follow you follow back :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love the name of your blog :) drew me straight to it!

    New follower.

    My TT: Leah @ Uncorked Thoughts

    ReplyDelete
  6. I like your classic list! Thanks for sharing.
    Here's mine: http://fiktishuhs.blogspot.com/2012/08/tgif_24.html

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh yes! The Psy-Changeling series! You're not the only one there!! And woah O_O Those last two...they'd make great covers for erotica, I think... how does the cleavage reflect the sports-theme...?

    Anyway, great choices for this week's theme!
    New GFC Follower, Happy Friday to you!
    Vivi's F&F

    ReplyDelete
  8. new follower through GFC as lucyatmax/no pic. I agree with your response...especially oh nevermind; that wouldn't be very nice. I can be found at bethartfromtheheart.blogspot.com .Please visit and follow...I love making new reader/blogger buddies!
    Beth

    ReplyDelete
  9. The cleavage cover is ESPECIALLY bad. LIke "hey look boobies" lol.

    My follow friday! Please visit!

    ReplyDelete
  10. New follower via GFC, thanks for stopping by our FF. Those are awful! Good choices!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh romance novels... why must you have such unattractive covers?? If I ever brought a book like It Had to Be You in public, my friends would probably NEVER let me live it down.
    Thanks for stopping by! :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Have you seen the UK covers for the Psy-Changling series? They are the ones I prefer. Thanx for sharing

    Here's My FF!
    Naomi @ Nomi’s Paranormal Palace
    New Follower :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. They are some terrible terrible covers!
    Thanks for the follow, followed you back!
    And thanks for stopping by Book Me!
    <a

    ReplyDelete

Yeah comments!! Thanks for visiting my blog. I will try to reply to your comments as soon as possible.