Friday, August 3, 2012

FOLLOW FRIDAY (36) and TGIF (24)

Gain New Blog Followers
Feature & Follow Friday is a blog hop that expands your blog following by a joint effort between bloggers. Feature & Follow Friday is now hosted by TWO hosts, Rachel of Parajunkee and Alison of Alison Can Read. Each host will have their own Feature Blog and this way it'll allow us to show off more new blogs!



Q: Do your reading habits change based on your mood? Do you read a certain genre if you are feeling depressed or happy?


I've never really thought about it before, but I don't think my mood alters my reading habits.  I try to change themes and genres on a regular basis to avoid slumps so my current feelings usually don't have an effect.  That being said, I can think of a few incidents where I had a really bad day and turned to some old favorites to put me in a better mood.  In my opinion, that's what re-reads are for!


*******
I have created different ways for you to follow my blog: GFC, LinkyFollowers, email, Twitter, or Goodreads.  Comment, follow me, and I'll return the favor!!


********************


Hosted by Ginger at GReads.

This Friday's Question
Book Olympics: In the spirit of the Olympics, which books would you give the gold, silver, and bronze medals?

For my answer this week, I decided to be a little different and feature some of my favorite audiobooks.  I have become a huge fan of audiobooks lately especially with my lengthy commute to and from work each day. 

Gold Medal
Harry Potter series by JK Rowling (Narrated by Jim Dale)
I had read each of these books multiple times before I listened to the audio versions, but I will say it is still a highly entertaining experience.  Jim Dale does a fabulous job with the character voices and really gets Rowling's sense of humor.  I always knew the HP books were funny, but nothing compares to having Fred and George's antics read aloud.






Silver Medal
Outlander by Diana Gabaldon (Narrated by Davina Porter)
I know there are many more books in this series, but the only one I've listened to in audiobook was the first.  Davina Porter truly brings Claire and Jamie's adventures to life.  Even though the audio version is over thirty hours long, I never felt bored or anxious to get to the end.  Plus you can never go wrong with Davina's Scottish brogue when she does Jamie's voice.



Bronze Medal (TIE)
In Death series by JD Robb (Narrated by Susan Ericksen)
I have only listened to the first five of these books, but I am completely enamoured with both Robb's writing and Ericksen's flawless narration.  The way that Ericksen is able to distinguish all the characters' voices is almost unmatched plus she has a very dry sense of humor which works well with these books.  Also, I cannot tell you how much I enjoy listening to her whenever she does Roarke's Irish lilt....*sigh*



Jane Jameson series by Molly Harper (Narrated by Amanda Ronconi)
I listened to all four of the books in this series within two months.  The comedy of Jane's experiences is told expertly by Amanda Ronconi.  The Southern charm of both the author and narrator seems like a match made in heaven.  So, if you like funny paranormal with plenty of steamy romance, I definitely recommend listening to this wonderful series. 

10 comments:

  1. I have to be in a specific mood to read some kinds of genres.
    Oh, and I loved Outlander!!

    I'm a new gfc follower. :)
    http://notjustnonsense.blogspot.com.br/2012/08/ff-feature-and-follow-28.html

    ReplyDelete
  2. Outlander WIN! Molly Harper is on my wish-list.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Harry Potter for the win, FOREVER! It was one of my gold medalists this week too ;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great answer. Mine was similar. New follower via GFC. I'm at LKHill and Musings on Fantasia if you want to follow back! Happy Friday! :D

    P.S. Had to check out your blog just based on the name! Awesome! :D

    ReplyDelete
  5. I haven't really gotten into audiobooks yet, but I want to soon! That's cool that you picked that for the awarding, I would definitely listen to Harry Potter!

    ReplyDelete
  6. My favorite books are my best old friends when I'm feeling down. Re-reading books you know you can count on is great.

    My follow friday! Please visit!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I rarely change genres!
    It has to be some kind of paranormal/fantasy/sci fi book with SOME kind of romance.
    Its pathetic... but thats basically the only books I read.
    haha

    Wish I could make myself change like you do


    Old follower
    My FF
    -Theresa

    ReplyDelete
  8. Harry Potter definitely deserves the gold medal! Great answers! Thanks for stopping by my blog :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love picking up old favorites once in a while! They always put me in a better mood. :)
    Thanks for stopping by!

    ReplyDelete
  10. gotta love the re-reads. Thanks for the follow, following back via GFC!

    ReplyDelete

Yeah comments!! Thanks for visiting my blog. I will try to reply to your comments as soon as possible.