Wednesday, July 25, 2012

WAITING ON WEDNESDAY (26): Etiquette and Espionage

Waiting on Wednesday is a weekly meme hosted by Breaking the Spine to highlight upcoming releases we're anxiously awaiting. 




Etiquette & Espionage (Finishing School, #1)

(FINISHING SCHOOL #1)
by Gail Carriger

Young Adult -- Steampunk/Paranormal
Little Brown and Company -- Expected February 5, 2013

It's one thing to learn to curtsy properly. It's quite another to learn to curtsy and throw a knife at the same time. Welcome to finishing school.

Fourteen-year-old Sophronia is the bane of her mother's existence. Sophronia is more interested in dismantling clocks and climbing trees than proper etiquette at tea--and god forbid anyone see her atrocious curtsy. Mrs. Temminnick is desperate for her daughter to become a proper lady. She enrolls Sophronia in Mademoiselle Geraldine's Finishing Academy for Young Ladies of Quality.

But little do Sophronia or her mother know that this is a school where ingenious young girls learn to finish, all right--but it's a different kind of finishing. Mademoiselle Geraldine's certainly trains young ladies in the finer arts of dance, dress, and etiquette, but also in the other kinds of finishing: the fine arts of death, diversion, deceit, espionage, and the modern weaponries. Sophronia and her friends are going to have a rousing first year at school.

16 comments:

  1. OMG I'm so excited for this book! It's going to be pretty amazing :) Great pick this week! Check out my WOW:

    Crystal @ Elegantly Bound Books

    ReplyDelete
  2. Really looking forward to this one. Love Carriger's Parasol Protectorate series.

    My WoW

    ReplyDelete
  3. I want this book too!! Great pick!
    Thanks for sharing,
    Dani
    Check out my WOW - http://paulettespapers.com/?p=2236

    ReplyDelete
  4. YES! I am SO looking forward to this one, it looks AWESOME :D Great pick, I can't wait to get my hands on it!
    Thanks for stopping by :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I really love the sound of this one. It reminds me of the Gallagher Girls series that I love as well. Some kick butt girls in school. Thanks for stopping by!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm excited for this one too! It looks like it's gonna be good.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Ooh, now this one sounds interesting. Although, I'm not sure I'm loving the cover. Great pick!

    Thanks for visiting my WoW.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oooh I'm waiting for this one too! It definitely sounds like it's going to be one awesome read! I can't wait for it to come out!
    Thanks for stopping by :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi Jennifer :)

    I'm really looking forward to this one too!!:) Hope its awesome! Thanks for visiting my WoW post! Happy Hump Day girlie!!:)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Someone brought this one to my attention last week - it sounds awesome!

    Thanks for stopping by my WoW!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I have seen this one around. The synopsis sounds really intriguing and interesting. Thanks for sharing and visiting My WoW
    Michael @ The Bookshelf Review

    ReplyDelete
  12. This book sounds awesome! I hadn't heard of it until now, but it's definitely on my radar! Thanks for sharing!

    Here's my WOW

    ReplyDelete
  13. This does sound really good! Thanks for sharing! OMG, I just saw your Team Qhuay!!!! LOVE IT

    ReplyDelete
  14. Oh, sounds like an awesome book :D Great pick ;) Thank you for sharing. :)
    Thank you for commenting on my WoW. <3
    Love, Carina @ Carina's Books

    ReplyDelete
  15. Oh I adore the book cover and wow, doesn't that book blurb draw you in. I am for sure adding this book to my goodreads tbr list. Thanks for sharing and also stopping by my blog Paranormal Goddess

    ReplyDelete

Yeah comments!! Thanks for visiting my blog. I will try to reply to your comments as soon as possible.