Wednesday, July 18, 2012

WAITING ON WEDNESDAY (25): "The Ugly Duchess" by Eloisa James



Waiting on Wednesday is a weekly meme hosted by Breaking the Spine to highlight upcoming releases we're anxiously awaiting. 



(Fairy Tales #4)
by Eloisa James

Historical Romance -- Avon
Expected Date: August 28, 2012

How can she dare to imagine he loves her…when all London calls her "The Ugly Duchess"?

Theodora Saxby is the last woman anyone expects the gorgeous James Ryburn, heir to the Duchy of Ashbrook, to marry. But after a romantic proposal before the prince himself, even practical Theo finds herself convinced of her soon-to-be duke's passion.

Still, the tabloids give the marriage six months.

Theo would have given it a lifetime…until she discovers that James desired not her heart, and certainly not her countenance, but her dowry. Society was shocked by their wedding; it's scandalized by their separation.

Now James faces the battle of his lifetime, convincing Theo that he loved the duckling who blossomed into the swan.  And Theo will quickly find that for a man with the soul of a pirate, All's Fair in Love—or War.

NOTE: Even though it is the fourth in the series, these books are not continous.  Each fairy tale is its own stand-alone story.  So feel free to jump in whenever!  The earlier books provide retellings of Cinderalla, Beauty & the Beast, and The Princess & the Pea.




9 comments:

  1. WOW! I haven't read any of the other books in this series but this sounds really interesting. Most definitely going to add it to my TBR list.

    Here's My WoW

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great pick! I love this series of fairytales from Eloisa James.

    Here's my WoW

    ReplyDelete
  3. This sounds really interesting.

    http://tributebooksmama.blogspot.com/2012/07/waiting-on-wednesday_18.html

    ReplyDelete
  4. I've been planning to read some of her historical romances! I hear they're sexy and so that's my reasoning for wanting to read them!;) Thanks for visiting my WoW!!! Happy Hump Day!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I like that each book is a fairy tale retelling. Sounds good!

    Diana
    My Waiting On Wednesday Post

    ReplyDelete
  6. This does sound interesting!
    Thanks for sharing,
    Dani
    http://paulettespapers.com/?p=2236

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh I just reviewed this on my blog yesterday. Eloisa James books are awesome. Come visit me as well.

    Grace

    ReplyDelete
  8. Nice pick. I used to love historical romance. Hope you enjoy it!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love historical romance. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete

Yeah comments!! Thanks for visiting my blog. I will try to reply to your comments as soon as possible.