Tuesday, July 31, 2012

TOP TEN TUESDAY (31): Switching Places



TOP TEN CHARACTERS I'D LIKE TO SWITCH PLACES WITH FOR 24 HOURS

1. Anna from Anna and the French Kiss by Stephanie Perkins
I have always wanted to go to Paris so this was kind of a given.  Plus I might be able to go on a movie date with Etienne!

2. Mia from the Princess Diaries series by Meg Cabot
One of my favorite series from when I was in high school.  I don't think I would want to be Mia all the time especially if I had to deal with Grandmere (who is much meaner in the books, BTW).  But, it could be fun to experience princess lessons for one day.

3. Jane Jameson from the Jane Jameson series by Molly Harper
Another character that I wouldn't want to permanently switch places with due to the whole vampire and people always trying to kill you thing.  But, if I were Jane for a day, I could hang out with my super hot vampire husband and work at a bookstore!

4. Phoebe Somerville from It Had To Be You by Susan Elizabeth Phillips
Phoebe is the owner of a professional football team in Chicago which sounds like a dream to me.  I'm a huge football fan so any excuse to meet all those gorgeous athletes in the locker room beforehand and then hang out on the field is good enough for me.

5. Eve Dallas from the In Death series by JD Robb
I definitely wouldn't want Eve's life permanently...police work is not for me...I'm a little squeamish.  But, it would be nice to go on a holiday with Roarke for a day.

6. Elizabeth Bennet from Pride and Prejudice by Jane Austen
While I wouldn't mind being Lizzie, I don't think I could live in 19th century England with no indoor plumbing or electricity.  But, for a single day trip, I could visit Pemberley, hang out with Darcy, and maybe even go to a ball!

7. Cat Crawfield-Russell from the Night Huntress series by Jeaniene Frost
I would be very cool to be Cat with all the superpowers associated with being half-vampire though I'm not sure I would like to always be in danger.  But, having a sexy guy like Bones could make up any problems I could come up with.

8. Haruhi Fujioka from Ouran High School Host Club by Bisco Hatori
Haruhi is the main character in a very popular Japanese manga series.  Essentially, she is a middle class girl who goes to a fancy school on scholarship.  Through a series of confusing events, Haruhi gets mistaken for a boy and is invited to be a member of the high school's host club.  I would love to hang out with all the host club guys for an afternoon and dress up in all the weird costumes they find. 

9. Luna Lovegood from the Harry Potter series by JK Rowling
This actually could have been any character in the series because I really just want to visit Hogwarts.  But, then I thought that I would especially love to be in Ravenclaw so Luna would be perfect!


I could only think of nine characters that I would willingly switch with since most of my favorite characters: Katniss, Tris, Chess, etc. live in worlds I wouldn't like to visit.


5 comments:

  1. I also had Luna on my list! She's fantastic. I also think I'd love to change with Jane. I'm a Molly Harper fan! Really enjoyed your list :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm glad I'm not the only one who picked Eve Dallas! I love those books!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I missed Mia! I should have put her on my list! Thanks for stopping by!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great picks! I really need to get a move on and read Stephanie Perkins' novels. They sound pretty good.

    Thanks for sharing!:)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great list! I wouldn't mind switching places with a lot of them-especially Luna!!
    And I've heard such good things about Ouran High School Host Club--I'm definitely going to have to read it soon, it sounds hilarious!

    Thanks for stopping by! :)

    ReplyDelete

Yeah comments!! Thanks for visiting my blog. I will try to reply to your comments as soon as possible.