Tuesday, July 10, 2012

TOP TEN TUESDAY (28): Fictional Crushes



TOP TEN FICTIONAL CRUSHES

This week is a freebie one so I decided to make a list of my all-time fictional crushes.  Anybody who visits my blog regularly knows how much I love finding new book boyfriends when I read so it just seemed appropriate.  I have done detailed "My Book Boyfriend" posts for each of these guys so I provided a link to each of them through the character names.  

1. Bones from the Night Huntress series by Jeaniene Frost
A gigolo turned vampire bounty hunter with a British accent and a dry sense of humor.  He is my all-time fictional crush especially when I read the romantic scenes between him and his wife, Cat.  I love how protective he is of Cat yet still understands that she is strong enough to take care of herself.  Also, can you say Chapter 32??

Favorite Quote: "I want your heart the most. Above all else. You're exactly right, I won't stop until I have it."


2. Jericho Z. Barrons from the Fever series by Karen Marie Moning
Ahh...Barrons...how do I describe him?  He's handsome, arrogant, rich, intelligent, and so much more.  Barrons' origins are a mystery and he is definitely someone you don't want to mess with.  His relationship with Mac is turbulent and hot.  Barrons is not the most romantic guy out there, but I wouldn't have him any other way.

Favorite Quote: "You're Mac," he says, "And I'm Jericho.  And nothing else matters.  Never will.  You exist in a place that is beyond all rules for me.  Do you understand that?"



3. Valerius Magnus from Seize the Night by Sherrilyn Kenyon
I love almost all of Kenyon's Dark-Hunters, but Val is my absolute favorite.  He's a very different type of hero with his wealthy upbringing and seemingly snobbish demeanor.  But, it is all a facade for a tortured and lonely man who deeply cares about those around him and rarely gets much in return.  Plus he loves Italian food and reading!

Favorite Quote: "You have so much fire inside you.  It warms me every time you near me."




4. Anthony Bridgerton from The Viscount Who Loved Me by Julia Quinn
My favorite historical hero!  Anthony is titled, wealthy, intelligent, slightly arrogant yet with a hint of vulnerability.  His devotion to his family and his wife is wonderful to witness.  Also, he plays a mean game of Pall Mall.

Favorite Quote:  "I desire you. I burn for you. I can't sleep at night for wanting you. Even when I didn't like you, I lusted for you. It's the most maddening thing, beguiling, damnable thing, but there it is."





5. Ash from the Iron Fey series by Julie Kagawa
The youngest son of the Queen Mab of the Unseelie/Winter court.  He has the reputation of being cold-hearted and ruthless until he meets Meghan.  Ash is stubborn, fearless, and determined to do whatever he can to make Meghan happy.


Favorite Quote: "I have come from the End of the World.... From the River of Dreams, through the gauntlet and the Briar and the Deep Wyld, in order to stand before you today. I have but one request - to take my place at your side. To resume my duty as your knight, and to protect you and your kingdom for as long as I draw breath."





6. Leo Hathaway from Married by Morning by Lisa Kleypas
A British viscount with a great sense of humor and an attraction to sharp-tonged governesses.  His devotion to his family is unmatched and he had to make his way back from some dark times in his youth.  Leo's quips are some of the best parts of the Hathaways series.



Favorite Quote: "Oh, I have a very pure soul. It's only my private parts that have gotten me into trouble."


7. James Easton from the Agency series by Y.S. Lee
A young, up and coming engineer in Victorian London.  He loves to tease and bicker with those he cares about especially his brother and his heroine-to-be, Mary.  James has very strict ideas about morality and justice, but is confident in himself enough to understand when he has been wrong about something.


Favorite Quote: "Still rubbish at compliments.  You know, Mary, the way round a man is to praise his unequalled discernment, not insult his skills."


8. Malkom Slaine from Demon From the Dark by Kresley Cole

Malkom is a vemon, a demon forcibly turned vampiric.  He is very shy especially around women and has little confidence in social situations.  Malkom has lived a tortured and lonely life and his biggest desire is to have a loving family.



Favorite Quote: "A witch holds my life in her palm.  Ara, I live or die for you."



9. Dimitri Belikov from the Vampire Academy series by Richelle Mead
A very popular YA hero.  Dimitri is an unmatched fighter who takes his job as a Moroi guardian very seriously.  Yet as the series goes along, readers see the fascinating depths of Dimitri's character especially when it comes to his relationship with Rose.



Favorite Quote: "If I let myself love you, I won't throw myself in front of her.  I'll throw myself in front of you."


10. John Matthew from the Black Dagger Brotherhood series by JR Ward
Born mute, this vampire warrior has evolved throughout the Black Dagger Brotherhood.  His past is complicated and full of mystery yet he strives not to let it define him.  I especially love John's passion for his friends and how he is able to retain his kindness in the dark world of BDB.


Favorite Quote: "Yes," he mouthed.  "I would hold you up.  I will ever hold you dear, lover mine." As he fused their mouths, he thought that was his vow to her.  Mating ceremony or not...that was his vow to his female.

Honorable Mentions: Acheron from the Dark Hunters series, Gabriel from the Jane Jameson series, Etienne from Anna and the French Kiss, Winter from Thief of Shadows, and Wraith from the Demonica series

WHAT ARE SOME OF YOUR FAVORITE FICTIONAL CRUSHES?

12 comments:

  1. I did crushes too! I cheated a little bit and picked 11 (and could have gone on and on). I totally forgot about the Bridgertons. I could have included all of the brothers and brothers in law! Delicious crushes...

    My Top Ten

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ohhhhh, what a great topic choice!! Although I'd pick Adrian over Dimitri any day ;-) But I totally agree with you on Etienne! Absolutely loved him.

    You can see my list here and i list my top ten favorite tv characters!

    ReplyDelete
  3. OMG, Jericho Barrons is definitely one of my fictional crushes. So is Dmitri Belikov. I like John Matthew but I am pretty partial to Vishous. :)

    Thanks for stopping by!

    ReplyDelete
  4. The only guys I've read about are Ash and Dimitri, and I definitely agree with you on them! And Etienne.... he's one of my all time favorites.

    Great topic! I always love to read about fictional boys. (:

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh, absolutely yes Dmitri Belikov, he is far and away my favorite of the Vampire Academy series. Yum.

    My TTT

    ReplyDelete
  6. I agree with Ash and Dimitri! My favorite Bridegerton is Colin though :)

    Thanks for stopping by!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I have not read any of these but I sure would definitely like to know more about John Matthew from the Black Dagger Brotherhood series. I will have to agree with everyone else this is a great topic! Thanks for stopping by My Top Ten.

    Nancy @ The Avid Reader

    ReplyDelete
  8. I almost picked this topic too! I can't really comment on your choices because I haven't read any of these books, but the pics are delicious!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I would scream Bones at the top of my lungs, but Cat might beat me up haha! j/k!

    Beth ^_^
    http://sweetbooksnstuff.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  10. LOVE Dimitri! I haven't read any of the others - obviously I need to!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Bones is my number one as well, and I also love Dimitri and Ash. I would have to add Terrible (from Downside Ghosts series by Stacia Kane) as well :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. I hear so much about Ash; I really have to read the Iron Fey series. I've heard a lot about Bones, too. And oh yes, Dimitri is my man :-)

    ReplyDelete

Yeah comments!! Thanks for visiting my blog. I will try to reply to your comments as soon as possible.