Thursday, July 12, 2012

THROWBACK THURSDAY (1): Cabot Sisters Series





Throwback Thursday is weekly meme hosted by The Housework Can Wait and Never Too Fond of Books.  This feature focuses on recommendations for books that aren't New Releases, specifically books released more than five years ago in any genre.  These titles may be older, but they are still worthy of readers' time and attention! 

For my first Throwback Thursday post, I decided to go with a duology that I don't think gets much attention in the romance community.  Teresa Medeiros' Cabot Sisters series is a fascinating mixture of historical and paranormal romance that I recommend to any fan of these genres.  There is tons of intrigue, action, and plenty of angsty goodness.  Also, the two heroes (Adrian and Julian) are extremely swoon-worthy!  There was an obvious potential that Medeiros could have stretched this series into more books, but I am impressed that she didn't take that route.  I think the fact that it stopped after two books makes it a rarity in this world of sequel bait.


After Midnight
(Cabot Sisters #1)
by Teresa Medeiros
Published in 2005.

"Our sister is marrying a vampire."

When the ever practical Caroline Cabot first hears those words from the lips of her fanciful youngest sister, she accuses Portia of having a wild imagination.  But when she discovers their sister Vivienne is actually being courted by Adrian Kane, the mysterious viscount rumored to be a vampire, she decides to accept his invitation to a midnight supper and do some sleuthing of her own. To both her delight and her dismay, she soon finds herself falling under Kane's bewitching spell. After all, what's a proper young lady to do when her sister's suitor arouses more than just her suspicions?




The Vampire Who Loved Me
(Cabot Sisters #2)
by Teresa Medeiros
Published in 2006.

Julian Kane is back in town.

Once, as a girl of seventeen, beautiful, headstrong Portia Cabot saved the cursed life of the dashing vampire Julian Kane--who marked her forever, then left to go in search of his soul. Five years later Portia quickly discovers that Julian's seductive and forbidden kiss can still make her crave the night . . . and his touch. But the Julian who has returned to London is not the vampire she remembers.

His fruitless pursuit of his stolen mortality has devastated him. And a recent spate of murders makes Portia fear that the man she has always adored may truly be a monster.  Julian knows he must drive Portia away--but his passion and hunger for her grow more irresistible every time they touch.

4 comments:

  1. Oooh These sound good! Like I needed to add more to me TBR pile! lol! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow. These really do sound good. Throwback Thursdays really don't do my TBR pile any good! :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh wow, I love the premise of these books! And I do like vampires, so I may have to see if my library has a copy or snag them on paperback swap!

    Check out my choice here.

    - Sarah @ Breaking the Binding

    ReplyDelete
  4. I haven't heard of these, but the premise sounds awesome! And I love the idea of a historical and paranormal mashup.

    I know I'm super-late this week, but thanks for participating in Throwback Thursday!

    ReplyDelete

Yeah comments!! Thanks for visiting my blog. I will try to reply to your comments as soon as possible.