Wednesday, July 25, 2012

MY BOOK BOYFRIEND (46): Roarke



My Book Boyfriend is an awesome weekly meme hosted by Missie at The Unread Reader all about fictional boys who make us swoon.  This week I am swooning over:

ROARKE
from
In Death series by JD Robb


About Roarke:
  • Shoulder-length black hair, blue eyes, pale skin
  • Irish accent
  • Billionaire owner of Roarke Industries
  • Wasn't always involved in the legal side of business.
  • Genius at business, technology, and finances.
  • Known only by one name, Roarke.
  • Mysterious past that is slowly revealed throughout the series.

Swoon-worthy Quotes:


"I want to see you again."  He stopped, took her face in his hands.  "I need to see you again."
Her pulse jumped, as if it had nothing to do with the rest of her.  "Roarke, what's going on here?"
"Lieutenant."  He leaned forward, touched his lips to hers.  "Indications are...we're having a romance." --Naked in Death 


"We're standing here, beat to shit, walking away from a crime scene where either or both of us could have bought it, and you're asking me to marry you?"
"Perfect timing." --Glory in Death
  

"For once, he slept first.  She lay in the dark, listening to him breathe, stealing a little of his warmth as her own body cooled.  Since he was asleep, she stroked his hair.
"I love you," she murmured, "I love you so much, I'm stupid about it."
With a sigh, she settled down, closed her eyes, and willed her mind to empty.
Beside her, Roarke smiled into the dark.  He never slept first. --Ceremony in Death


"Do you remember the first time we made love?"  He touched his lips to hers as he said it.  "We rode up in the elevator like this and couldn't keep our hands off each other, couldn't get to each other quick enough.  I was mad for you.  I wanted you more than I wanted to keep breathing.  I still do."  He deepened the kiss as the elevator doors opened.  "Its never going to change." --Big Jack

My Roarke: David Gandy (IMDB page)


About Naked in Death (Book One):


It is the year 2058 and technology now completely rules the world.  But, New York City Detective Eve Dallas knows that the irresistible impulses of the human heart are still ruled by just one thing--passion.  

When a senator's daughter is killed, the secret life of prostitution she'd been leading is revealed.  The high-profile case takes Lt. Dallas into the rarefied circles of Washington politics and society.  Further complicating matters is Eve's growing attraction to Roarke, one of the wealthiest and most influential men on the planet, devilishly handsome...and the leading suspect in the investigation.

7 comments:

  1. Your third quote is the one I always remember when thinking of Roarke and David Gandy is the perfect looking Roarke.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for stopping by! I love your pick today, great quotes!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh. My. Gosh.
    I can't believe this is my first time hearing about Roarke and this series because he sounds amazing!! 100% drool-worthy!
    You picked some fabulous quotes!
    This series is definitely going on my TBR list. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have never read this book but he sounds amazing his quotes are brilliant! Romantic :)

    Tamzin @ http://booksanddoodles.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  5. I haven't read this series, but I'm loving your quotes!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Roarke! Known by only one name. Ha! Love it. I haven't read this series yet, but I feel like I know it so intimately because my friend is a HUGE fan. She's read all 200 books in the series. LOL! Okay, so maybe it's not that many, but I know it's a lot.

    Yes, Gandy is Roarke, especially in that third scene.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh. My. Goodness! I seriously LOVE this guy! Those quotes definitely have me needing to read this right now. Thank you so much for sharing – Have a great weekend! :)

    Here's mine:
    http://amylunderman.blogspot.com/2012/07/my-book-boyfriend-19-graham-douglas.html

    ReplyDelete

Yeah comments!! Thanks for visiting my blog. I will try to reply to your comments as soon as possible.