Wednesday, July 18, 2012

MY BOOK BOYFRIEND (45): Zacharel



My Book Boyfriend is an awesome weekly meme hosted by Missie at The Unread Reader all about fictional boys who make us swoon.  This week I am swooning over:

ZACHAREL
from 
(Angels of the Dark #1)
by Gena Showalter

About Zacharel:
  • Black hair, green eyes, tan skin, white wings lined in gold
  • A born warrior angel who became cold and unfeeling after his beloved brother's death.
  • As punishment for killing humans in pursuit of demons, he put in charge of an army of rebellious angels for one year and is whipped every time one of his soldiers kills a human.
  • Falls in love with Annabelle, a human who was branded as a demon's consort and institutionalized after her parents' murders.
  • Is not the most romantic hero, but makes up for the lack with protectiveness and self-awareness.




"Look, Winged Wonder.  Get me out of here, then we'll hammer out the details about where I'm staying.  Okay?"
"Winged Wonder," he said, nodding.  "I find that I do not mind that one.  It fits."
"Captain Modesty fits better," she muttered.
"I disagree.  Winged Wonder is clearly the better choice for a man such as me."









"You know, you're pretty when you smile." She said, patting the side of his cheek.
"Fierce, woman.  I am fierce."
"If you say so."







"You are mine," he rasped.  "Only ever mine.  I accept all that you are and we can be together."



He cupped her jaw.  Forever he simply stood there, continuing to peer at her, allowing her to study him and hiding nothing from her.  He wondered if she saw the same loveliness he saw in her, if she saw the reverence and the hunger he felt for her.  If she saw the hope for something more.  For all.  She must have, for she reflected everything back at him.  For so long, he'd had nothing--and she had somehow become his everything.



My Zacharel: Model Nathan Kamp

About Wicked Nights:

Leader of the most powerful army in the heavens, Zacharel has been deemed nearly too dangerous, too ruthless--and if he isn't careful, he'll lose his wings. But this warrior with a heart of ice will not be deterred from his missions at any cost...until a vulnerable human tempts him with a carnal pleasure he's never known before.

Accused of a crime she did not commit, Annabelle Miller has spent four years in an institution for the criminally insane. Demons track her every move, and their king will stop at nothing to have her. Zacharel is her only hope for survival, but is the brutal angel with a touch as hot as hell her salvation--or her ultimate damnation?

10 comments:

  1. I was just looking at this book on Goodreads last night! Now I have to read it. :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is on my wishlist!!! AHH!!! Now I want to bump it up.. I can't pick who is hotter your pick or the guy on the cover of the book. Guess I will just have to keep drooling over both! Great Pick and I love your blog!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awe. What about if we go with "you're pretty fierce when you smile"?! That might make Zacharel happier! LOL

    I can't believe he is whipped... I'm torn between wanting to watch and wanting to help....help him escape, I mean. LOL

    ReplyDelete
  4. I just finished Wicked Nights so I too have a lot of love for Zacharel, and Nathan is absolutely gorgeous I want to steal him for my harem of book boyfriends. Absolutely yummy!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I knew there was a reason I really REALLY wanted to read this book. Yep, you have given me THE reason with all those yummy pics!!

    @Missie... I think we all know here that you would not just watch, you'd help... ;)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Smoking hot!
    I haen't read this book, but I love those quotes you picked. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh I like your choice but I've not read the book. Is it YA or Adult? If it's YA I would definitely add it to my to-read shelf!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I probably won't be reading this book, but Zacharel sounds great! I love the Winged Wonder quote!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh. My. Goodness! I seriously LOVE this guy! Those pictures are just wow. I'm definitely going to have to check this out! Thank you so much for sharing – Have a great weekend! :)

    Here's mine:
    http://amylunderman.blogspot.com/2012/07/my-book-boyfriend-18-max-langston.html

    ReplyDelete

Yeah comments!! Thanks for visiting my blog. I will try to reply to your comments as soon as possible.