Wednesday, July 11, 2012

MY BOOK BOYFRIEND (44): Winter Makepeace



My Book Boyfriend is an awesome weekly meme hosted by Missie at The Unread Reader all about fictional boys who make us swoon.  This week I am swooning over:

WINTER MAKEPEACE
from Thief of Shadows by Elizabeth Hoyt

  


About Winter:
  • 26 years old son of a lower class brewer.
  • Schoolmaster and manager of the Home for Unfortunate Infants and Foundling Children.
  • Moonlights as the dashing Ghost of St. Giles, a Georgian-era superhero.
  • Has a strong sense of justice for the neglected and forgotten children of London.
  • Is very honest and had a tendency to be blunt about his feelings.
  • Has little experience with women due to his devotion to the Home and his family



She supposed he could be called a handsome man, but only if one overlooked his severe demeanor.  His face was pleasant enough, his chin strong, his nose straight, his mouth firm, but she'd not often seen Winter Makepeace smile and never laugh.  His dark brown hair was clubbed backs imply without curl or powder, and he dressed in plain black or brown.



"But you must be awash in a sea of compliments, my lady. Every gentleman you meet must voice his admiration, his wish to make love to you. And those are only the ones who may voice such thoughts. All about you are men who cannot speak their admiration, who must remain mute from lack of social standing or fear of offending you. Only their thoughts light the air about you, following you like a trail of perfume, heady but invisible."






"What would you have society do, exactly?"
"Care.  I want them to care just as much about a poor child as they do a gentleman.  I want them to make sure every child is fed and clothed and housed.  I want them to see that London cannot continue this way with people dying in the gutter."




"Wear you social mask at your balls and parties and when you visit your friends out there, but when we are alone, just the two of us in here, promise me this: that you'll show me only your real face, no matter how ugly you might think it. That's our true intimacy, not sex, but the ability to be ourselves when we are together."



"I'll never look at you in any way but complete admiration." He stroked her hair soothingly. "You will never be a millstone about my neck. Rather you're the sunshine that brightens my day." He swallowed. "Don't you see? You brought me into the daylight. You've embraced parts of me that I was never able to let see light. Don't make me retreat again into the night."


My Winter: Orlando Bloom

9 comments:

  1. Winter Makepeace? That a name you don't hear a lot. LOL

    You can tell that Winter has a huge heart. I love that he care for those round him just as passionately!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah...the names in this series are interesting. Winter has two sisters named Temperance and Silence! Poor kids!

      Delete
  2. I like the name Winter, unusual but still beautiful! The last quote is so sweet, I want a guy to say something like that to me :)

    Orlando would definitely make a very hot Winter from what I can tell from the description! The book looks really interesting, I might check it out!

    My Book Boyfriend: http://thewildreader.blogspot.co.uk/2012/07/my-book-boyfriend-5-adam-wilde.html

    ReplyDelete
  3. You had me at Orlando Bloom's face.... but gosh those quotes! I'm totally swooning right now! Also, his name is so. Darn. Cool.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I LOVE the Maiden Lane series, and I have been super excited to read Winters's story! And now with Orlando Bloom pictured in my head? Ahhhhh. Can. Not. Wait!!!!!! Thanks for the post!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gah, Orlando would be a great Winter Makepeace. I really loved this book, I can't get over how good it was. I'm anxious to read the next book though.

    Adria
    My Book Boyfriend

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love seasonal names! LOL Nice pick!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Delish! I've got chills ~ nice choice :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love the quotes he seems like a great character and sexy too(:

    ReplyDelete

Yeah comments!! Thanks for visiting my blog. I will try to reply to your comments as soon as possible.