Friday, July 27, 2012

FOLLOW FRIDAY (35) and TGIF (23)

Gain New Blog Followers

Feature & Follow Friday is a blog hop that expands your blog following by a joint effort between bloggers. Feature & Follow Friday is now hosted by TWO hosts, Rachel of Parajunkee and Alison of Alison Can Read. Each host will have their own Feature Blog and this way it'll allow us to show off more new blogs!


This Week's Feature Blogs:
Q: Summer Reading: What was your favorite book that you were REQUIRED to read when you were in school?


Speak by Laurie Halse Anderson--9th Grade English 
This was a summer reading assignment for all freshman and almost everybody actually finished it before school started!  It really spoke to me and I've re-read it several times since then.

To Kill a Mockingbird by Harper Lee--10th Grade English
A pretty standard required reading selection, but I loved it. 
Night by Elie Wiesel--10th Grade World Civilizations
This memoir was assigned to go along with our World War II/Holocaust section.  I'm not sure I could re-read it because of the subject matter, but it was very powerful.
The Testament by John Grisham--11th Grade English
Another summer reading assignment which introduced me to the wonders of John Grisham. 
Persuasion by Jane Austen--12th Grade English Seminar
This was an assignment for a specialized English course I took and it has become one of my favorite books of all time!
A Time To Kill by John Grisham--12th Grade Government/Economics
Another summer reading by Grisham...my high school was a little obsessed, I'm thinking.  It did provide a decent introduction to the way the law works in society.

*******
I have created different ways for you to follow my blog: GFC, LinkyFollowers, email, Twitter, or Goodreads.  Comment, follow me, and I'll return the favor!!


********************


Hosted by Ginger at GReads.

This Friday's Question
Christmas in July: If Santa were to come down your chimney in the middle of summer, which books would you want him to leave for you under the tree?

Already Released
My Life Next Door by Huntley Fitzpatrick
I have heard so many awesome things about this book and right now I don't have the funds to buy it. 

Tricked (Iron Druid Chronicles #4) by Kevin Hearne
I freaking love this series!  Atticus is an amazing narrator and I am excited to read more about him.

Not Yet Released
Rogue Rider (Lords of Deliverance #4) by Larissa Ione
Ione is one of my favorite paranormal writers so I definitely can't wait to read about the last Horseman of the Apocalypse, Reseph/Pestilence!

The Lost Prince (Iron Fey: Call of the Forgotten #1) by Julie Kagawa
The Iron Fey series is one of my favorites so I am pumped that there is a spin-off series featuring Ethan!  So much excitement!!
Scarlet (Lunar Chronicles #2) by Marissa Mayer
Mayer's Cinder is one of my favorites and I can't wait to see what she does with the Red Riding Hood myth.  Plus I want to see more of what the Lunar Queen has in store for Cinder and Kai!

6 comments:

  1. I am so jealous that you got to read Grisham books in school. I pretty much love all but like two of his books. And of course To Kill a Mockingbird was a great book as well.

    My Life Next Door was really, really good :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I LOVE A Time to Kill!
    Man, you had an AWESOME school that listed great required reading!!!

    Im jealous
    Old follower-
    My FF
    -Theresa

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a nice Christmas List :)

    Here's my Hop: http://fiktishuhs.blogspot.com/2012/07/tgif_27.html

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lots of good books represented there! I chose one, then gave honorable mentions.

    My follow friday. Please visit!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi,

    Hopping on through from the feature and follow!
    New Buddy, Please…. Cyber stalk me back@ http://dawnandwinniebookreviews.blogspot.com
    
OH! My Summer Read was…Things Fall Apart By Chinua Achebe (Author) it was interesting ☺
    Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  6. My Life Next Door is AWESOME. I really hope you get the opportunity to read it! Jase is TOTALLY swoon-worthy.

    And I'm excited for Scarlet as well! Just finished Cinder recently and LOVED it.

    ReplyDelete

Yeah comments!! Thanks for visiting my blog. I will try to reply to your comments as soon as possible.