Friday, July 20, 2012

FOLLOW FRIDAY (34) and TGIF (22)

Gain New Blog Followers
Feature & Follow Friday is a blog hop that expands your blog following by a joint effort between bloggers. Feature & Follow Friday is now hosted by TWO hosts, Rachel of Parajunkee and Alison of Alison Can Read. Each host will have their own Feature Blog and this way it'll allow us to show off more new blogs!


This Week's Feature Blogs:

A Glass of Wine

Booktastic Reviews

Q: Christmas in July!!  Someone gives you a gift card for two books (whatever that costs).  What two books will you buy?


Cinder by Marissa Meyer
I read an e-ARC of this that I received through Netgalley and absolutely adored it!  I really need to get a paper copy so that I can get caught up before Scarlet comes out next year!








For Darkness Shows the Stars by Diana Peterfreund
Persuasion is my favorite Jane Austen story so I am really wanting to read this sci-fi/dystopian retelling.  I've heard great things about it and have had a hard time getting my hands on it. 







*******
I have created different ways for you to follow my blog: GFC, LinkyFollowers, email, Twitter, or Goodreads.  Comment, follow me, and I'll return the favor!!


********************


Hosted by Ginger at GReads.

This Friday's Question
Throwback TGIF: Pick a previous question you posted on your blog in the past and revisit your answer.  Has it changed since then?

Back on February 10, 2012, I provided a list of my favorite fictional love stories (link).  The ones that I mentioned are still in the top, but I have added two more to the mix.

Previously Featured:

*Anne Elliot and Captain Wentworth -- Persuasion by Jane Austen

*Ron Weasley and Hermione Granger -- Harry Potter series by JK Rowling

*Eve Dallas and Roarke -- In Death series by JD Robb














*Cat and Bones -- Night Huntress series by Jeaniene Frost

*Robin Chadwick and Jules Cassidy -- Troubleshooters series by Suzanne Brockmann

*Jamie Fraser and Claire Randall -- Outlander series by Diana Gabaldon

New Additions:

*Rose Hathaway and Dimitri Belikov -- Vampire Academy series by Richelle Mead
Oh my god!  I have heard about these two ever since I started blogging, but hadn't gotten the chance to read the series until this year.  I fell in love with these two and their complicated, and forbidden, romance.  The drama and angst that Rose and Dimitri went to throughout the series kept me glued to the pages.  I won't go much more into them since I probably won't say anything that hasn't been mentioned before, but I will say that I totally get all the hype now!



*Ty Grady and Zane Garrett -- Cut & Run series by Abigail Roux and Madeleine Urban
Two tortured FBI agents who have somehow found comfort, and love, with each other.  There are alot of steamy and tender moments between these two alpha males which always make me smile.  I've only read the first three books, but I can already see how much they care for each other despite the obstacles I'm sure they will see along the way.  A great romance that is well-balanced with humor and plenty of suspense!





**********************



**BOOKS READ**
Collision Course by K.A. Mitchell -- 3.5 Stars
His Heart's Obsession by Alex Beecroft -- 3 Stars
Tangle of Need by Nalini Singh -- 4 Stars

**BLOG FEATURES**
TOP TEN TUESDAY: Books for Fans of the Black Dagger Brotherhood (link)
MY BOOK BOYFRIEND: Zacharel from Wicked Nights by Gena Showalter (link)
WAITING ON WEDNESDAY: The Ugly Duchess by Eloisa James (link)
THROWBACK THURSDAY: Beauty by Robin McKinley (link)

17 comments:

  1. Aw I so badly want to read Cinder and For Darkness Shows the Stars! :)

    I'm a new GFC follower :)

    Here is my FF post: http://blogofabookaholic.blogspot.com/2012/07/feature-and-follow-friday-1.html

    ReplyDelete
  2. I keep hearing SOOO much about Cinder!!
    Everyone says it rocks!
    I wanna read it so very bad! :(

    Great choices!

    (old follower)
    theresamjones.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cinder is on my TBR list, sounds like a good one. New follower and link to my FF post: http://www.authorheather.com/2012/07/feature-follow-july-20-2012.html

    ReplyDelete
  4. I bought Cinder a couple of weeks ago but have yet to read it - it looks amazing though! For Darkness Shows The Stars is also on my wishlist!

    Thanks so much for stopping by and for linking to my blog. <3 New follower via GFC! :D

    ReplyDelete
  5. I want to read Cinder so Bad! It has been at the top of my TBR for months now!!

    Have a great weekend! New GFC Follower!
    Here's my FF

    ReplyDelete
  6. Old follower checking back. I am DYING to read For Darkness Shows the Stars!!! Persuasion is my fave Austen book and I love almost anything to do with it! :) Check out my FF at:
    http://diamondinroughcoal.blogspot.com/2012/07/follow-me-friday-13.html

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great picks! I was actually just thinking that I needed to go out and buy my own copy of Cinder too! It's definitely one of my favorite cinderella retellings... and the sequel doesn't come out until 2013! >:(
    I haven't read For Darkness shows the Stars yet, but I am in such deep cover love with it!
    Here's my FF

    ReplyDelete
  8. I really want to read these books. Cinder sounds amazing. New GFC follower.

    Carson @ Reader with Voice
    http://readerwithvoice.blogspot.com/2012/07/feature-follow-1.html

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great choices this week :D I really liked For Darkness Shows The Stars!
    Happy reading and thanks for stopping by my blog!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Ohh I love Cinder! I definitely recommend getting a hardback copy because the whole book just looks beautiful in hardback!

    Thanks for the follow!! Following back via RSS feed :)

    Jordon @ Miss Book Reviews

    ReplyDelete
  11. OOOOOh I want a copy of Cinder so bad! I just adored it! =)

    ANd yes, hopefully I will get to meet Stephanie Perkins in November! I am super pumped!

    Thanks for stoppin by! have a good weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I agree, Cinder was awesome! I picked up For Darkness Shows the Stars, but have not read it yet >_< Great picks :0)

    New follower! My FF.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hopping through. I can't wait to read For Darkness. Everyone loves it.
    My Hop

    ReplyDelete
  14. Cinder is something I've been meaning to read for sooo long now! Awesome choices!

    New GFC follower - would love a follow back at
    http://bookedupbloggers.blogspot.co.uk/

    Have a lovely week! :) x

    ReplyDelete
  15. I will shortly be reading Cinder, though it's not a book I would have read on my own. For Darkness Shows the Stars looks really good, though I've never read Persuasion.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Cinder is amazing! Oh and I love Rose and Dmitri. I just finished Blood Promise, love this series. great choices.

    ReplyDelete
  17. FF here, also I love Bones and cat on your other post.

    Good choices, Follow Friday Hop

    ReplyDelete

Yeah comments!! Thanks for visiting my blog. I will try to reply to your comments as soon as possible.