Friday, July 13, 2012

FOLLOW FRIDAY (33) and TGIF (21)

Gain New Blog Followers
Feature & Follow Friday is a blog hop that expands your blog following by a joint effort between bloggers. Feature & Follow Friday is now hosted by TWO hosts, Rachel of Parajunkee and Alison of Alison Can Read. Each host will have their own Feature Blog and this way it'll allow us to show off more new blogs!


This Week's Feature Blogs:

A Great Read

Vivaciously, Vivian


Q: What drove you to start book blogging in the first place?

My answer isn't very interesting and probably pretty common.  I joined Goodreads about two years ago and loved reading all the great reviews.  After a bit of inner debating, I decided to try writing some reviews of my own.  Through GR, I also discovered the world of book blogging and started reading certain blogs religiously.  I actually decided to start my own blog as a way to keep track of the blogs I wanted to read, but I quickly found out how much fun it was to post and discuss bookish things with others. 


*******
I have created different ways for you to follow my blog: GFC, LinkyFollowers, email, Twitter, or Goodreads.  Comment, follow me, and I'll return the favor!!


********************


Hosted by Ginger at GReads.

This Friday's Question
Quotes That Make You Swoon: What are some of the most swoon-worthy quotes you've experienced in a book?

*"You pierce my soul. I am half-agony, half-hope...I have loved none but you." –Jane Austen, Persuasion

*"Love's about finding the one person who makes your heart complete. Who makes you a better person than you ever dreamed you could be. It is about looking in the eyes of your wife and knowing all the way to your bones that she's simply the best person you've ever known." –Julia Quinn, The Viscount Who Loved Me


*"You don't always have to kiss a lot of frogs to recognize a prince when you find one."  –Julia Quinn, Minx


*"Mysteries of attraction could not always be explained through logic. Sometimes the fractures in two separate souls became the very hinges that held them together." –Lisa Kleypas, Devil in Winter

*"Time has no dominion over love. Love is the one thing that transcends time." –Jeaniene Frost, One Foot in the Grave

*"Some things are destined to be -- it just takes us a couple of tries to get there." –JR Ward, Lover Mine
*"You know, when it works, love is pretty amazing. It's not overrated. There's a reason for all those songs." –Sarah Dessen, This Lullaby


*"I fell in love the way you fall asleep: slowly, then all at once."  –John Green, The Fault In Our Stars


*"I have come from the End of the World.... From the River of Dreams, through the gauntlet and the Briar and the Deep Wyld, in order to stand before you today. I have but one request - to take my place at your side. To resume my duty as your knight, and to protect you and your kingdom for as long as I draw breath." --Julie Kagawa, The Iron Knight


*"I might be in love with you." He smiles a little. "I'm waiting until I'm sure to tell you, though."―Veronica Roth, Divergent


*"For the two of us, home isn’t a place.  It’s a person.  And we are finally home."  –Stephanie Perkins, Anna and the French Kiss



**********************



**BOOKS READ**
Fish & Chips (Cut & Run #3) by Abigail Roux and Madeleine Urban--4.5 Stars
The Darkest Angel (Lords of the Underworld #4.5) by Gena Showalter--3.5 Stars
Beauty Touched the Beast by Skye Warren--2 Stars
Wicked Nights (Angels of the Dark #1) by Gena Showalter--4 Stars
Her Sudden Groom (Grooms #1) by Rose Gordon--3.5 Stars

**REVIEWS**
Hexed (Iron Druid Chronicles #2) by Kevin Hearne (link)
Alien 'n' Outlaw by K.C. Burn (link)
What A Boy Wants (Boy #1) by Nyrae Dawn (link)

**BLOG FEATURES**
TOP TEN TUESDAY: Fictional Crushes (link)
MY BOOK BOYFRIEND: Winter Makepeace (link)
WAITING ON WEDNESDAY: Full Blooded by Amanda Carlson (link)
THROWBACK THURSDAY: Cabot Sisters series by Teresa Medeiros (link)

14 comments:

  1. Ooh such cute quotes - and so interesting to learn your book blogging origins. I started on Goodreads too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Julia Quinn! Lisa Kleypas! Veronica Roth! Your quotes made my heart skip a beat. Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awesome... I actually didnt even join goodreads until AFTER I started my blog! I didnt even know it was out there! :( So sad I didnt discover it sooner!!!

    Old follower from GFC, but new Linky follower
    theresamjones.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. I started on Amazon but joined Goodreads soon after. :-)

    New follower via GFC!

    Come see my new blog, Ensconced in YA!
    http://cahreviews.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. I joined GR about 2 years ago, too. I didn't even find it in the "right" way- I didn't know it was a social networking site for book lovers. My library's website had a link to a trivia thing so I was bored one day and was answering questions. In order to save my score, I had to create an account. I was shocked that this whole world of book lovers was out there that I didn't know about. I thought it was just a book trivia site. From GR, I learned about blogging from other members, but didn't think much of it. Well, actually, I initially thought, "Who would want to take time away from reading books to do that?"

    New follower through GFC. My FF answer: http://365-books-a-year.blogspot.com/2012/07/feature-and-follow-friday-5.html

    ReplyDelete
  6. I just started reading Julia Quinn, and I love her already. Her books are so delightfully fluffy and romantic!

    New follower on GFC!
    Sophie @ The Dreaming Reader

    ReplyDelete
  7. I knew what Goodreads was but didn't utilize it to its full potential. Then I started blogging and now Goodreads is like my best friends lol.

    New follower!


    http://bookdoll.blogspot.com/2012/07/feature-and-follow-friday-is-weekly.html#comment-form

    ReplyDelete
  8. I like J.R. Ward, Lover Mine quote!

    Here's mine:http://fiktishuhs.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  9. I have some blogs that I read pretty religiously too!! :) Isn't it fun???

    P.S. LOVE LOVE LOVE that J.R. WArd quote at the top!

    The Brunette Librarian Blog

    ReplyDelete
  10. You picked very sweet quotes. Thanks for sharing, and for stepping by my blog. Happy reading!

    ReplyDelete
  11. My reason for starting a book blog was pretty much the same!

    I love all your quotes! Definitely very swoon-worthy! :)
    Old follower :)
    Here's my FF and TGIF

    ReplyDelete
  12. I think Goodreads impacted a lot of bloggers. I know it gave me the confidence to use the blog I'd already made.

    My follow friday! Hope you visit!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hey there! Just started following you (:
    Here is my FF :
    http://cheerfulreviews.blogspot.com/2012/07/feature-follow.html

    ReplyDelete

Yeah comments!! Thanks for visiting my blog. I will try to reply to your comments as soon as possible.