Tuesday, June 19, 2012

TOP TEN TUESDAY (27): Summer TBR List



TOP TEN BOOKS ON MY SUMMER TBR LIST

I decided to make this a list of books that are being released this summer because there are so many awesome ones!!

1. Thief of Shadows (Maiden Lane #4) by Elizabeth Hoyt [June 26]
This the fourth book in the highly entertaining and sensual Maiden Lane series.  After years of waiting, readers finally get to find out the identiy of the mysterious Ghost of St. Giles and see the straight-laced headmaster Winter Makepeace find his happily ever after.  I have loved every single one of Hoyt's historical romances so I am pumped for this one to be released.





2. Once Burned (Night Prince #1) by Jeaniene Frost [June 26]
A spin-off to Frost's very successful Night Huntress urban fantasy series.  The Night Prince books will tell the story of Vlad Tepesh aka Dracula who finally meets his match in a powerful, but tortured young woman named Leila.  I love Frost's depiction of Vlad and his sarcastic comments in the Night Huntress books so I am anxious to see more of him. 





3. Wicked Nights (Angels of the Dark #1) by Gena Showalter [June 26]
Gena Showalter is one of my favorite authors and her Lords of the Underworld series is absolutely amazing.  The Angels of the Dark series is a spinoff to LotU and will provide information about some angels who are on the brink of destruction.  I loved Zachariel's character in the latest LotU book, The Darkest Seduction, so I am excited to find out why he is considered so dangerous.  Plus I have a weakness for sexy, bad boy angels!




4. Scandal Wears Satin (Dressmakers #2) by Loretta Chase [June 26]
Loretta Chase is one of the most popular and respected historical romance writers today.  Her latest series deals with three sisters who open a dress shop in London and deal with the difficulties of running a business and falling in love.  The second book depicts the story of the manipulative Sophy and the deceptively reckless Earl of Longmere.  Chase's characters are always unique and well-written while her romance is tender yet spicy.




5. The Care and Feeding of Stray Vampires by Molly Harper [July 31]
I've made it pretty clear in the past few months about my undying adoration for Molly Harper's Jane Jameson series.  So imagine my excitement when I find out that there was going to be a spin-off focusing on Iris Scanlon, a daytime assistant to the vampires of Half-Moon Hollow.  I love Harper's twist on vampires and can't wait to read more of her signature humor.





6. Dream Lake (Friday Harbor #3) by Lisa Kleypas [August 7]
I still haven't read the second book in Kleypas's Friday Harbor series, Rainshadow Road, but I already know I will be buying this one the day it comes out.  I love everything that Lisa Kleypas writes (historical or contemporary) and I can't wait to find out more about the mysterious Alex Nolan.






7. Throne of Glass (Throne of Glass #1) by Sarah J. Maas [August 7]
This a young adult fantasy that is getting tons of publicity right now.  Many bloggers that I highly respect are giving it rave reviews and just making me more excited.  I am really interested in the premise which deals with a female assassin caught in a dangerous competition.  There are some prequel novellas available to wet your appetite for what I'm sure will be an epic story.





8. The Iron Wyrm Affair (Bannon & Clare #1) by Lilith Saintcrow [August 7]
The first in a new steampunk urban fantasy series by a renowned author.  I love series with two intriguing characters who solve mysteries especially of the supernatural variety so I will definitely check this book out.  Plus the cover is so intriguing!




9. A Lady By Midnight (Spindle Cove #3) by Tessa Dare [August 28]
I have given the two earlier installments in the historical romance series five stars on this blog so it should come as no surprise that I am anticipating the next book.  The hero in this one is the seemingly cold Corporal Samuel Thorne who has a mysterious connection to the lonely Kate Taylor.  I love when heroes appear cold and unfeeling at first and slowly show their true feelings.  I'm a hopeless romantic that way. 





10. Foretold: 14 Tales of Prophecy and Prediction [August 28]
An anthology with some of my favorite YA authors like Richelle Mead, Meg Cabot, and Simone Elkeles and some authors that I've been meaning to try like Lisa McMann, Laini Taylor, and Diana Peterfreund.  Of course, I would be remiss if I didn't mention that I am particularly pumped to read Mead's new story about Dimitri and Rose from the Vampire Academy series. 

7 comments:

  1. New Follower. I love your list! There are several books on there that are on my TBR list. I've been wanting to get back to some historicals lately.
    --Jenese
    http://readersconfession.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. After looking at everyone else's lists, I'm so tempted to toss mine out and take over everyone else's. But my list is good. And so is yours. Definitely looking forward to Once Burned.

    Thanks for visiting my top ten.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great picks! I cannot wait for Once Burned! All the teasers I've found online have definitely left me wanting more!
    And OMG Foretold has a RosexDimitri story?!?!?! Now I definitely have to read it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Awesome choices. Happy reading!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great list! I love Jeanine Frost but I got stuck in the Night huntress series.
    Hope you enjoy them all! Happy reading!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oooh I didn't know that Friday Harbor had another book coming out. I haven't read them yet, but I want to! That is good to know! =) Thanks for stoppin by! Have a good week!

    ReplyDelete
  7. These look all amazing, especially #1, 4, 6, 7, 8 and 10. I haven't seen Foretold before and it looks so good!

    Thanks for stopping by!

    ReplyDelete

Yeah comments!! Thanks for visiting my blog. I will try to reply to your comments as soon as possible.