Wednesday, June 27, 2012

MY BOOK BOYFRIEND (43): Wren Tigarian



My Book Boyfriend is an awesome weekly meme hosted by Missie at The Unread Reader all about fictional boys who make us swoon.  This week I am swooning over:

WREN TIGARIAN
from
Unleash the Night by Sherrilyn Kenyon

APPEARANCE:
  • 6'2, muscular build
  • Blond hair and turquoise eyes
  • Has a tattoo of a jungle scene with a white tiger on his left arm

ABOUT WREN:

Wren is a Katagaria Were-Hunter which means he is an animal who can change into a human.  He is the hybrid of a Snow Leopard and a White Tiger.  He can shift into either form at will and is considered to be the last of both species. 

Wren's best friend is a monkey named Marvin and he has a job busing tables at the Were-Hunter nightclub Sanctuary.  He was taken to Sanctuary as a baby after his mother tried to kill him for being an abomination.  Wren is very shy around strangers and does not talk much.  He is a powerful fighter, but does not like it because of his violent childhood.




"I've never met anyone who had a monkey for a friend before."


"I don't know. I think those two guys you were with would qualify as primates, but then, that's an insult to the primate and I don't want Marvin to get pissed at me. He has higher sensibilities, you know?"




The tiger lies low not from fear, but for aim.



 "I’m not putting my faith or life in anyone’s hands. All that ever got me was screwed, and my ass is currently sore from it."


"What happened to cause the jail fight?"

"They thought it would be fun to knock around the ‘kid’ and show off their manhood. I thought it would be fun to knock a couple of them unconscious."




"Have you ever wanted something that you knew was bad for you? Something that you ached for so much you could think of nothing else?"




Wren wrapped his arm around Maggie and flashed them back to their house.  No, it was their house now.  He finally had a home.  After all this time, he had somewhere he really belonged.  The feeling washed over him with a joy the likes of which he'd only known in one place . . . Maggie's arms.


MY WREN: Alex Pettyfer


ABOUT UNLEASH THE NIGHT:


An orphan with no clan that will claim him, Wren Tigarian grew to adulthood under the close scrutiny and mistrust of those around him. A forbidden blend of two animals—snow leopard and white tiger—Wren has never listened to anyone when there was something he wanted. Now he wants Marguerite.

Marguerite D'Aubert Goudeau is the daughter of a prominent U.S. Senator who hates the socialite life she's forced to live. Like her mother before her, she has strong Cajun roots that her father doesn't understand. Still, she has no choice but to try and conform to a world where she feels like an outsider. But the world of rich and powerful humans is never to meet the world of the Were-Hunters who exist side by side with them, unseen, unknown, undetected. To break this law is to call down a wrath of the highest order.

In order to have Marguerite, Wren must fight not just the humans who will never accept his animal nature, but the Were-Hunters who want him dead for endangering their world. It's a race against time and magic without boundary that could cost Marguerite and Wren not just their lives, but their very souls.

8 comments:

  1. This "Have you ever wanted something that you knew was bad for you? Something that you ached for so much you could think of nothing else?" has me swooning! I love that guy from Beast so sexy.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh WOW! He sounds perfect!!!
    I havent heard of this book at all, but with characters like this, I think I might! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great quotes, and a great choice for your book boyfriend this week!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ha! I love the picture of Wren in his other forms. I haven't read a single book in this series yet, and I know I'm really missing out. Those quotes are great.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yeah! I can picture Wren as Alex!
    Great pick. I haven´t read this book but I loved those quotes.
    Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Gah Wren!! I love Wren, he's so lonely and looking for someone who won't hurt him. I love the Were-Hunters, they're awesome and great choice with Alex Pettyfer too. I never thought about him as Wren but he seems to fit the bill.

    ReplyDelete
  7. So.... I tried to focus on all the swoon-worthy quotes... I REALLY did... BUT YOU POSTED SO MANY PICTURES OF ALEX PETTYFER AND I GOT DISTRACTED!
    But then I went back and re-read them...
    Wren sounds so sweet! And he has a MONKEY for a best friend?! TOO. CUTE.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh. My. Goodness! I seriously can't wait to read this one! Those pictures are just wow and those quotes definitely have me fanning myself. This is one I'm putting at the top of my TBR pile - Thank you so much for sharing and adding more to the books I must read right away! Have a great weekend! :)

    Here's mine:
    http://amylunderman.blogspot.com/2012/06/my-book-boyfriend-16-evan-mathews.html

    ReplyDelete

Yeah comments!! Thanks for visiting my blog. I will try to reply to your comments as soon as possible.