Wednesday, June 20, 2012

MY BOOK BOYFRIEND (42): Kale



My Book Boyfriend is an awesome weekly meme hosted by Missie at The Unread Reader all about fictional boys who make us swoon.  This week I am swooning over:

KALE
from the Denazen series by Jus Accardo




About Kale:
  • Dark hair, blue eyes, tan skin, muscular.
  • Raised at the Denazen Institute since he was a baby.
  • Trained to be an assassin for Denazen until his escape.
  • Has the ability to kill with a touch of his skin.
  • Is fascinated by seemingly everyday items like DVDs.





He sat up straight, eyes wide, and touched the tip of his index finger to his cheek. "What was that?"
I blushed. "A kiss."
"That's what a kiss feels like?"
"Well, technically. There are a lot of different types of—"
"Show me."
"Show you what?"
"Show me some other kinds."
"You're asking me to kiss you?"





His gaze was fixed on the red silk baby doll in my hand.  "What is this?" he asked, rubbing the satiny material between his fingers.
"Clothes," I said. "For women."
His eyes widened, "Girls wear this?"
"Yeah, but usually not for long." I chuckled.
Kale turned as red as the teddy, "Are you going to wear this now?"
"Umm. No," I said, blushing.
He seemed a little disappointed and I stifled a laugh.






"I'm never going to get used to that," he said, smiling. 
"Used to what?"
"The way I feel like I'm going to explode every time you come close. The way my head fills up with just you when you do that."





"I love you," he said.  His arms encircled me, fingers digging into my lower back.  They slipped down, sliding inside the back of my jeans.  His words came in thick, hot rasps that tickled the side of my face as he kissed a trail from my chin to my ear, and back again.  "Just you.  Only you.  Always you."




"As long as I know this"--he lifted our joined hands--"is mine to hold, I'll wait for you forever."

My Kale: James Lafferty


7 comments:

  1. Oh my goodness. This book just got bumped up on my TBR list because Kale is so goshdarned swoon-worthy! AMAZING quotes! Thanks for sharing!

    Here’s my book boyfriend

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh god.. I want to red the book just fro him now! Haha! Awesome post and thanks for stopping by! *old follower*

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ok, let me just say that i harbor an unnatural crush on James. LOL I haven't read these books yet, but they really sound great! Nice pick!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have not read this series. But I think I may need to pick it up. Hello hotty! :) great pick!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sounds like an interesting series. I hadn't heard of it before...James Lafferty is a nice choice. :)

    -Lauren

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'd love to have a kissing 101 class with Kale. I'd be happy to show him how it's done. LOL

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh wow, I LOVE your guy! I just got Touch and so can't wait to get started on it. Great picks and quotes too – thank you for sharing! :)

    Here's mine:
    http://amylunderman.blogspot.com/2012/06/my-book-boyfriend-15-gabriel-merrick.html

    ReplyDelete

Yeah comments!! Thanks for visiting my blog. I will try to reply to your comments as soon as possible.