Wednesday, June 13, 2012

MY BOOK BOYFRIEND (41): Gabriel Nightengale



My Book Boyfriend is an awesome weekly meme hosted by Missie at The Unread Reader all about fictional boys who make us swoon.  This week I am swooning over:

GABRIEL NIGHTENGALE
from the Jane Jameson series by Molly Harper



About Gabriel:
  • Tall, slender but muscular build, black hair, silvery gray eyes
  • Born and raised as a member of a wealthy family in Half-Moon Hollow, Kentucky.
  • Turned into a vampire shortly after the Civil War.
  • Has an affinity for Motown especially when drunk or has a concussion.
  • Best friends (or enemies) with fellow vampire Richard "Dick" Cheney.
  • Not afraid to make his feelings known especially to his new vampire "childe", Jane.
  • Extremely protective of those he cares about.


"The love of a good woman can save a man " I remember Gabriel saying. "Or it can drive him to fits of unspeakable madness."
--Nice Girls Don't Have Fangs



 "Look, Dave Chandler left me on the ninth floor of our university research library without my panties after we lost our virginity together. He never called me again and actually turned on his heel and walked in the opposite direction whenever he saw me on campus. Unless you're going to do that, I don't think were gonna have a problem. Gabriel?"
"Sorry.  Something strange happened inside my head when you said the word 'panties'.  The overwhelming urge to kill Dave Chandler combined with a simultaneous loss of blood to the brain."
--Nice Girls Don't Have Fangs


"I haven't had a lot of good, soft things in my life," he said against my forehead. "Not since my family sent me away. Apart from being your sire and feeling that pull to you, it's that goodness, that softness and warmth, along with the resolve and strength in you, that I love. Being turned hasn't taken that from you. If someone were going to design the perfect mate for me, it would be you. Even when you infuriate me with your pigheaded stubbornness and your temper and incredible lack of anything resembling self-preservation—"
"Stop describing me please."
"You're the most fascinating, maddening, adorable creature I've ever met," he said, sighing and pushing my hair out of my eyes. "So, when I seem possessive or I'm raving like a lunatic, it's just that part of me is still very afraid that I'll lose that—that I'll lose you. I love you."
--Nice Girls Don't Date Dead Men



"The ring is a copy of my mother’s. I took the stone from her engagement ring and had a jeweler place it in a titanium setting."
"Titanium?" I asked.
"Dick knew a guy."
"Of course he did."
"You’re a bit rough and tumble with jewelry, and I knew it would have to be able to stand up to…"
"Nuclear winter?"
His eyebrow lifted. "I never know with you."
--Nice Girls Don't Bite Their Neighbors


My Gabriel: Ian Somerhalder

10 comments:

  1. I love Molly Harper, but I've only read her Naked Werewolf stuff. I've been meaning to try this series for a while now, especially since Gabriel sounds just as delicious as the other males she writes about. Thanks for the funny quotes.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this series and I swear I could see Gabriel as Ian. I just love his eyes!!! Oh and the rest of him is delish too (I agree with Missie). :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. OMG!! He has amazing eyes!!! I always see him as Mr. Grey From Fifty Shades! I think we just fantasize about him in general!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I haven't read this series, but I'd watch anything if Ian is in it :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Never heard about this book but if you can picture him as Ian, I should totally read it. So, thank you very much!!!
    Nice Girls Don't Date Dead Men...
    I love it!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love this post, and I'm glad to have found your blog. It seems like we share a ton of similar tastes in books. Count me as a new follower!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Good lord why am I just now hearing about this series?! This is so going on my TBR list!
    Great choice--I barely made it through all those quotes what with all those beautiful pictures of Ian Somerhalder distracting me!

    Here’s my book boyfriend

    ReplyDelete
  8. Well hot dang, I think I'm going to have to add this book to my list. Especially with you picking Ian Somerhalder to play him. Yum!

    Adria
    Breath of Life Reviews

    PS Following you since it seems we have a taste for the same type of books

    ReplyDelete
  9. Ian Somerhalder is always a great pick! He could play so many book boyfriends!
    "You're the most fascinating, maddening, adorable creature I've ever met," he said, sighing and pushing my hair out of my eyes. "So, when I seem possessive or I'm raving like a lunatic, it's just that part of me is still very afraid that I'll lose that—that I'll lose you. I love you."
    awwww sounds like a sweet and funny book!!! Thanks for stopping by!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Nice! I seriously LOVE your guy this week! With such a great pictures and quotes, I'm definitely going to have to check this book out (I can't believe I haven't read this already!). He is so yummy! Thank you for sharing - have a great weekend! :)

    Here's mine:
    http://amylunderman.blogspot.com/2012/06/my-book-boyfriend-14-lucian-contrine.html

    ReplyDelete

Yeah comments!! Thanks for visiting my blog. I will try to reply to your comments as soon as possible.