Wednesday, June 6, 2012

MY BOOK BOYFRIEND (40): Sebastian, Viscount St. Vincent


My Book Boyfriend is an awesome weekly meme hosted by Missie at The Unread Reader all about fictional boys who make us swoon.  This week I am swooning over:

SEBASTIAN, VISCOUNT ST. VINCENT
from
Devil in Winter by Lisa Kleypas

 Devil in Winter (Wallflowers, #3)




About Sebastian:
  • Heir to a British dukedom.
  • Was the youngest child and only boy out of five.
  • Lost his mother and older sisters when he was young.
  • In desperate need of funds so he agrees to marry Evangeline Jenner in exchange for saving her from her extended family.


She was amazed that she had managed to communicate so will with St. Vincent, who was more than a little intimidating, with his golden beauty and wintry ice-blue eyes, and a mouth made for kisses and lies.  He looked like a fallen angel, replete with all the dangerous male beauty that Lucifer could devise.



 "What happened to your stammer?"                                             
"I suppose I must feel comfortable with you.  I tend to stammer less with certain people."
"No one's ever told me that I'm a comfortable sort.  I'm sure I don't like it.  I'll have to do something diabolical soon to correct your impression."



"I'll take your bet," he said grimly.  "I'm going to win it.  And in three months, I'm to put this back on your finger, and take you to bed, and do things to you that are outlawed in the civilized world."


"I want to fill every part of you, breathe the air from your lungs and leave my handprints on your soul.  I want to give you more pleasure than you can bear."



"Ah, Evie," she heard him say softly, "I must have a heart, after all...because right now it aches like the devil."
"Only your heart?" she asked ingenuously, making him laugh.
He lowered her to the bed, his eyes sparkling wickedly.  "Also a few other things," he conceded.  "And as my wife, it's your duty to ease all my aches."

"Damn it.  I don't know how to be a husband, or father.  But, since your standards in both areas seem to be relatively low, I may have half a chance at pleasing you."



She felt the change in his body, the relaxing of tension, his shoulders curving around her as if he could draw her into himself.  Murmuring her name, he brought her hand to his face and nuzzled ardently into her palm, his lips brushing the warm circlet of her gold wedding band.  "My love is upon you," he whispered...and she knew then that she had won.


My Sebastian: Actor Jason Lewis from Charmed and Sex & the City

10 comments:

  1. Sebastian is so popular this week! Thanks for sharing why he's your book boyfriend! ~Serena @Edgy Inspirational Romance

    ReplyDelete
  2. I tell you, Sebastian is THE picture of the reformed rake. Perfectly done by Lisa Kleypas, there is just no moving him from my top 10 list, heck, he's never gone below #5.

    Adria
    Breath of Life Reviews

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the name Sebastian. I don't know the actor, but I enjoyed all the lovely photos. Sounds like you picked a good one. Some of those quotes are quite amusing. ;-)

    -Lauren

    ReplyDelete
  4. Jason Lewis is soooo hot! And wow those quotes!
    "I'm to put this back on your finger, and take you to bed, and do things to you that are outlawed in the civilized world."
    "I want to give you more pleasure than you can bear."
    Thanks for visiting My Book Boyfriend!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I LOVE your guy! He sounds like the right amount of swoon worthy awesomeness! I haven't read this one yet, but I definitely am now - thank you so much for sharing him! Have a great weekend! :)

    Here's mine:

    http://amylunderman.blogspot.com/2012/06/my-book-boyfriend-13-caleb-jacobson.html

    ReplyDelete
  6. Another Sebastian! How did I miss the Sebastian train? I want to get on. Gotta love a man who want to give a woman loads of pleasure. LOL

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow, Sebastian is popular this week--and I can definitely see why! I really want to read this book now!!

    Here’s my book boyfriend

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thanks for stopping by. ZOMG! This book is sooo going on my wishlist! Love those quotes!

    ReplyDelete
  9. lol! talking about "Sebastians" I hate how that name sounds in Spanish, but in English it sounds sooo sexy!
    I love your pick, hope I can read that book some day!

    ReplyDelete

Yeah comments!! Thanks for visiting my blog. I will try to reply to your comments as soon as possible.