Friday, June 22, 2012

FOLLOW FRIDAY (31)

Gain New Blog Followers
Feature & Follow Friday is a blog hop that expands your blog following by a joint effort between bloggers. Feature & Follow Friday is now hosted by TWO hosts, Rachel of Parajunkee and Alison of Alison Can Read. Each host will have their own Feature Blog and this way it'll allow us to show off more new blogs!


This Week's Feature Blogs:

Head Stuck In A Book

Books and Blossoms

Q: If you could "unread" a book, which one would it be?  Is it because you want to start over and experience it again for the first time?  Or because it was THAT bad?

I'll start my answer with the most obvious choices: Harry Potter and The Hunger Games.  I would love to go back and experience the wonder that I felt during my first reads of these books.  HP in particular would be fabulous to start over because I would get to figure out all the amazing connections that JKR put in the stories. 

I would also like to start over on the Night Huntress series by Jeaniene Frost.  Cat and Bones are my all-time favorite paranormal couple and I would love to watch them fall in love over and over again.  Plus what I wouldn't give to experience the wonders that is Chapter 32 in One Foot In the Grave for the first time!

I had a hard time coming up with books that I wish I hadn't read especially since I tend to just not finish a book when I'm not enjoying it.  The first two that popped in my head were F. Scott Fitzgerald's The Great Gatsby and E.L. James's Fifty Shades Freed.  I had to read Gatsby for a school assignment and hated every minute of it.  I found the setting to be the best part since I despised all the characters especially Daisy.  I have a weird unnatural hatred for Daisy. 

In terms of Fifty Shades Freed, I liked the first two books in the series, but found this one to be a complete rehash of the same issues and just skipped through to the end.  I wish I had just stopped with Fifty Shades Darker and kept the fond memories I had for this controversial, but enjoyable series.  Oh well!
*******
I have created different ways for you to follow my blog: GFC, LinkyFollowers, email, Twitter, or Goodreads.  Comment, follow me, and I'll return the favor!!


**********************



**BOOKS READ**
One Small Thing by Piper Vaughn and M.J. O'Shea [4 Stars]
A Tale of Two Lovers by Maya Rodale [3.5 Stars]
Sticks and Stones by Madeleine Urban and Abigail Roux [4 Stars]
Wallflower by Catherine Gayle [4 Stars]
Liberty For Paul by Rose Gordon [4 Stars]

**REVIEWS**
Nice Girls Don't Live Forever by Molly Harper (link)
A Gentleman Undone by Cecilia Grant (link)
Liberty For Paul by Rose Gordon (link)

**BLOG FEATURES**
TOP TEN TUESDAY: My Summer TBR List (link)
WAITING ON WEDNESDAY: Greta and the Goblin King by Chloe Jacobs (link)
MY BOOK BOYFRIEND: Kale from Touch by Jus Accardo (link)
MIDSUMMER DREAM FAIR (link)

11 comments:

  1. Fifty Shades Freed wasn't that great...I'm glad I read it to finish things up but it was suppppper boring!

    Happy Feature Friday @ The Brunette Librarian??

    ReplyDelete
  2. I cant believe I didnt even think of the Harry Potter Series!
    she created a whole new world there, and I also wish I could go back to experience it all over again!
    Great choices!

    old follower
    theresamjones.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good choices! I'm with you on un-reading-to-re-read Harry Potter, but mostly so I could be ten years younger, again. :) Now following on Twitter.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Harry Potter and Hunger Games are fun to read and re-read. I do think my HP experience was perfect the first time though. I can't imagine ever enjoying it anymore.

    My follow friday. Hope you visit

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love Harry Potter, but have to say haven't read the Hunger Games. I know what is wrong with me.

    New Follower

    My FF

    ReplyDelete
  6. I've tagged you for a Liebster Award. :) http://wp.me/p2bS4K-95

    Cheers--

    ReplyDelete
  7. New Follower. :)

    I also love the Hunger Games (especially the first book) and The Night Huntress series as well!

    My FF: http://moonlightreader.com/

    ReplyDelete
  8. My best friend told me the same thing about 50 Shades series too! She told me to read the first two and skip the third! =)

    Have a happy weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi, Sorry I am a little late! Love the blog! I followed on GFC and Linky. I would love it if you could check out my blog: http://readingunderthewillowtree.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete

Yeah comments!! Thanks for visiting my blog. I will try to reply to your comments as soon as possible.