Friday, June 15, 2012

FOLLOW FRIDAY (30) and TGIF (19)

Gain New Blog Followers
Feature & Follow Friday is a blog hop that expands your blog following by a joint effort between bloggers. Feature & Follow Friday is now hosted by TWO hosts, Rachel of Parajunkee and Alison of Alison Can Read. Each host will have their own Feature Blog and this way it'll allow us to show off more new blogs!


This Week's Feature Blogs:


Patch of Sky

candacesbuttin2 Feature & Follow #101
Candace's Book Blog

Q: Happy Fathers Day!  Who is your favorite dad character in a book and why?

 

Mr. Weasley--Harry Potter series by JK Rowling
He's the typical dorky dad with his obsession with Muggles, but he cares deeply for his family (both blood-related and not).  His sense of loyalty and honor is obvious throughout the series and I think he acts as a great role model for the Hogwarts gang.


Nathan and Andy--Lola and the Boy Next Door by Stephanie Perkins
Lola's two dads were some of my favorite secondary characters last year.  I loved the way that Perkins didn't make a big deal about their relationship and just depicted it as it is, a normal family dynamic.  One of my favorite scenes in the book was a discussion between one of the guys (don't remember which one at the moment) and Lola about not having a boy spend the night.  When Lola asks, "what about when I'm married", he responds, "We'll buy a cot. Your husband can sleep on that when he visits."  Love it!



Captain Trevanion--Finnikin of the Rock by Melina Marchetta
Trevanion is a wonderful father and role model to his son, Finnikin.  Even though father and son don't see each other for years, their relationship is a big part of both of their personalities.  Finnikin is a great fantasy hero who probably wouldn't have turned out so fabulous without the guidance of his father.


*******
I have created different ways for you to follow my blog: GFC, LinkyFollowers, email, Twitter, or Goodreads.  Comment, follow me, and I'll return the favor!!


********************


Hosted by Ginger at GReads.

This Friday's Question
Most Valuable Book: From your personal collection of books, which ones hold the most value to you - is it signed by the author? or maybe it's your favorite story of all time? Share it with us.

There's a Nightmare in My Closet by Mercer Mayer
My all-time favorite picture book that I had read to me almost every night.  I'm not sure what the appeal was to me, but it gives me some of my fondest memories. 

William Shakespeare Collection
A graduation gift from my parents that is a box set of all of Shakespeare's plays.  I am a huge British literature dork so this was right up my alley.  Every once in awhile I will get a hankering for some Billy Shakespeare and pull out one of the bound volumes to revisit some of my favorite characters.

**********************



**BOOKS READ**
Exclusively Yours (Kowalski Family #1) by Shannon Stacey [4 Stars]
Talker's Graduation (Talker #3) by Amy Lane [3.5 Stars]
Handle With Care by Josephine Myles [4 Stars]
A Night Like This (Smythe-Smith #2) by Julia Quinn [4 Stars]
Touch (Denazen #1) by Jus Accardo [4 Stars]
Elemental (Elemental #0.5) by Brigid Kemmerer [3.5 Stars]

**REVIEWS**
The Gentleman and the Rogue by Bonnie Dee and Summer Devon [link]
Lethal Rider by Larissa Ione [link]



**BLOG FEATURES**
MY BOOK BOYFRIEND: Gabriel Nightengale [link]
WAITING ON WEDNESDAY: Hell on Wheels by Julie Ann Walker [link]

16 comments:

  1. I love the books that are valuable to you! Certainly understandable,I'd value a box set collection of SHakespeare's works just as much! Right now I have copies of the plays and sonnets in various forms and form various publishers. I wish they matched ;-/

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love that you picked someone from Finnikan of the Rock. I was going to to try to pick someone from that series until the answer just came to me. But GREAT pick! Finnikan has so many great characters.

    My follow friday. Please visit!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love your FF and TGIF picks! I STILL haven't read Finnickin of the Rock yet--but it's sitting on my shelf!
    Old follower :)
    Here’s my FF

    ReplyDelete
  5. Mr.Weasley was one of my picks as well! I can't believe I didn't think to include Lola's dads. though. They were one of the best parts of Lola & the Boy Next Door.

    Here's my FF!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh I love your choices!
    Thanks for stopping by! New follower by GFC and on twitter.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Seeing a lot of people pick Mr. Weasley! Haven't read any of the others though. I've got a few books from my childhood that are special to me too, I didn't even think of those!
    Thanks for stopping by :)
    Jessi @ Auntie Spinelli Reads

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great Picks:D **New Follower**

    ReplyDelete
  9. YAY More love for Lola's Dads! I loved them and I love Mr. Wesley too. Thanks for stopping by! Old follower :-D

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hopping through. Love that you picked the Captain from Finnikin of the Rock. I loved that book. I still need to read the sequel.
    My Hop

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hopping through!! Great choices!!! I am a new follower!!

    Elle@ http://lovebigreadbig.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  12. great picks! Love the pictures you used lol. :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Great choice this week!! I also picked Mr.Weasley..he is such a great Dad!

    Happy reading and thanks for stopping by :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. Nathan and Andy are such good dads! I was super impressed as I was listening to Lola! Great answer!

    Happy weekend! =)

    ReplyDelete
  15. Great choices! Thanks for the follow! Following back!

    ReplyDelete
  16. a lot of people went with him. he's really a wonderful character.

    ReplyDelete

Yeah comments!! Thanks for visiting my blog. I will try to reply to your comments as soon as possible.