Friday, June 8, 2012

FOLLOW FRIDAY (29) and TGIF (18)

Gain New Blog Followers
Feature & Follow Friday is a blog hop that expands your blog following by a joint effort between bloggers. Feature & Follow Friday is now hosted by TWO hosts, Rachel of Parajunkee and Alison of Alison Can Read. Each host will have their own Feature Blog and this way it'll allow us to show off more new blogs!


Today is a special day for Rachel and Alison.  It is the 100th week for the Feature & Follow Friday meme and to celebrate many bloggers are sponsoring wonderful giveaways.  I was unable to get my stuff together to participate in these giveaways, but I can promote them to death! 

The activity for this week is to feature one of our favorite blogs.  I decided to choose one of the first blogs that I started following over a year ago:

Jessica, the blogger behind Peace Love Books, has a diverse taste in books which I love.  Like me, she enjoys young adult, romance, and paranormal books.  Her book reviews are wonderfully written and honest plus she does amazing movies reviews.  Check her out today!

*******
I have created different ways for you to follow my blog: GFC, LinkyFollowers, email, Twitter, or Goodreads.  Comment, follow me, and I'll return the favor!!


********************


Hosted by Ginger at GReads.

This Friday's Question
Cast Your Own Story: If you could use existing characters from some of your favorite books to create a new story, who would be in it?

I would love to do a fun little novella with some of my favorites from Larissa Ione's Demonica & Lords of Deliverance series, Gena Showalter's Lords of the Underworld series, and Kresley Cole's Immortals After Dark series.  All three series have a variety of species that inhabit their worlds from incubi to angels to Valkyrie.  Plus they have characters that seem a little left of center so I would love to put all of the semi-crazy ones in a room together and just see what happens.  The characters I would love to put into the mix would be:

         

Reaver -- A fallen angel who spends his days as a  physician at a demon hospital while dealing with a taste for the sinful part of life. (Demonica and Lords of Deliverance series)

Wraith -- A half-vampire, half-Seminus demon who loves Family Guy and going on treasure hunts. (Demonica series)


William -- A sexy, snarky warrior with a mysterious past and some strange connections to both Lucifer and the Four Horsemen of the Apocalypse.  (Lords of the Underworld series)

Anya  -- A minor goddess of anarchy who loves to tease William and cause chaos wherever she goes.  (Lords of the Underworld series)


Nix -- An ancient, but powerful Valkyrie who is truly insane.  She is known as Nucking Futs Nix in the series.  (Immortals After Dark series)

Lothaire -- Ancient vampire known as the Enemy of Old who has been driven slightly crazy by the memories he retains from drinking the blood of humans.  (Immortals After Dark series)


**********************



**BOOKS READ**
Cut and Run (Cut & Run #1) by Madeleine Urban and Abigail Roux [4 Stars]
A Gentleman Undone (Blackshear #2) by Cecilia Grant [4 Stars]
Nice Girls Don't Bite Their Neighbors (Jane Jameson #4) by Molly Harper [5 Stars]
A Scandalous Affair by Karen Erickson [4 Stars]
Unearthly (Unearthly #1) by Cynthia Hand [4 Stars]

**REVIEWS**
Ruined by Rumor by Alyssa Everett (link)

**BLOG FEATURES**
READS IN REVIEW -- May 2012 (link)
ARMCHAIR BEA -- Day 1: Introductions (link)
ARMCHAIR BEA -- Day 2: Best of 2012 So Far (link)
TOP TEN TUESDAY -- Rewind: Love Stories (link)
MY BOOK BOYFRIEND -- Sebastian, Viscount St. Vincent (link)
WAITING ON WEDNESDAY -- The Care and Feeding of Stray Vampires by Molly Harper (link)

7 comments:

  1. So, I havent seen Peace Love Books blog before, but with such positive things to say about it, I will go check it out!!

    (new follower on GFC and Linky)
    Please come follow me back
    -Theresa
    theresamjones.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. OOoh that looks like it would be an interesting book! Haven't read any of those series myself!

    Thanks for visiting my blog!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ooooh, I love your TGIF. I didn't do one this week, but I think the activity would have been fun. I LOVE NIX.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey thanks for stopping by my blog and commenting! I haven't read any of the books you picked for your TGIF! But they sound so good! I need to add them to my TBR pile! New follower :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I haven't read your TGIF books, but from your description, all those characters together would make one heck of a story!

    Here’s my tgif

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'll definitely check out Peacse Love Books! Interesting story case. I haven't read the Eternal Rider series yet. Old follower. Thanks for stopping by!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love Peace Love Books!

    New follower via GFC!

    Thanks for stopping by my FF100 post!

    ReplyDelete

Yeah comments!! Thanks for visiting my blog. I will try to reply to your comments as soon as possible.