A great event for book bloggers who are unable to participate in BEA in New York. For more information about this fun feature, visit this website.
DAY 1: INTRODUCTION
I'm a little late joining Armchair BEA, but I'm here. I will be doing two days worth of posts today so I'll start with my introductory post.
1. Please tell us a little bit about yourself: Who are you? How long have you been blogging? Why did you get into blogging?
My name is Jennifer and I have been blogging for just over a year (as of June 2nd.) I got into blogging after signing up for Shelfari and then Goodreads and meeting all these fabulous book lovers. Then I noticed that many of my GR friends had blogs and they looked like so much fun that I had to try it.
2. What are you currently reading?
I usually read three books at a time: print book, e-book, and audiobook. Right now I am reading Exclusively Yours by Shannon Stacey in print and Gentleman Undone in e-version from Netgalley. I am also listening to Nice Girls Don't Bite Their Neighbors by Molly Harper (this is the fourth book in the hilarius Jane Jameson series).
3. Tell us one non-book related thing that everyone reading your blog may not know about you.
I teach dance to local kids at the studio where I grew up. I specialize in tap, clogging, and jazz along with helping kids with special needs learn the joys of dance. By the way, below is a video of what type of clogging I teach:
4. What is your favorite feature on your blog?
My favorite feature is the weekly meme, My Book Boyfriend, which is sponsored by Missie over at The Unread Reader. It is chance for book bloggers to share their current fictional crushes as well as swoon over lovely pictures of said crushes. If you are interested, check out the introductory post here.
5. Where do you see your blog in five years?
I just hope I keep having fun with my blog and adding more reviews. I hope that reviews become better written and that I provide readers with a diverse collection of books to try out.
6. Which is your favorite post that you have written that you want everyone to read?
My favorite post is probably my review of Y.S. Lee's A Spy in the House. I absolutely loved the book and tried really hard to show my adoration in the review which can be found here.
7. If you could eat dinner with any author or character, who would it be and why?
I would love to have dinner with either JK Rowling or Jane Austen in the author department. In terms of characters, I would love to chat with Dumbledore or Augustus from John Green's The Fault in Our Stars.
8. What literary location would you most like to visit? Why?
Kinda obvious, but I would love to visit Hogwarts. It is full of magic and all kinds of fun things. Plus I really want to try playing Quidditch.
9. What is your favorite part about the book blogging community?
I love meeting new people who have the same obsession with books that I do. Also, I get tons of book recommendations that I never would have found otherwise.
10. Have your reading tastes changed since you started blogging? How?
I don't think my reading tastes have changed too much, but they have broadened a little bit. I have been able to find more books in genres that I enjoy through book blogging.