|Hosted by The Broke and the Bookish.|
TOP TEN BOOKS I HOPE PEOPLE ARE STILL READING IN THE NEXT 30 YEARS
1. The Hunger Games trilogy by Suzanne Collins
Obvious answer, but couldn't make this list without it.
2. Harry Potter series by JK Rowling
See above comments.
3. Vampire Academy series by Richelle Mead
Wonderfully entertaining paranormal series that has something for every type of reader.
4. Fever series by Karen Marie Moning
Mindblowing urban fantasy series. Should definitely be considered a classic of the genre.
5. Iron Fey series by Julie Kagawa
Fantasy series with unique worldbuilding and fabulous characters.
6. The Book Thief by Markus Zusak
Wonderful historical fiction that I think will become a staple on required school reading lists.
7. The Absolutely True Diary of a Part-time Indian by Sherman Alexie
I love the narrator and the way Alexie depicted Junior's plight. I can definitely see generations of high schoolers connecting with him.
8. The Fault In Our Stars by John Green
Beautiful story that grabbed me and made me go through the full range of emotions. Definitely a book that makes you think.
9. The Perks of Being a Wallflower by Stephen Chbosky
Similar to the Sherman Alexie. Most young adults can relate to Charlie and his high school experiences.
10. Just Listen by Sarah Dessen
Practically anything by Dessen should be considered a classic, but I chose this one because it is my favorite. The message is so beautiful and thought-provoking.