Tuesday, May 29, 2012

TOP TEN TUESDAY (25): Book I Hope People Are Still Reading

Hosted by The Broke and the Bookish.



TOP TEN BOOKS I HOPE PEOPLE ARE STILL READING IN THE NEXT 30 YEARS

1. The Hunger Games trilogy by Suzanne Collins
Obvious answer, but couldn't make this list without it.

2. Harry Potter series by JK Rowling
See above comments.

3. Vampire Academy series by Richelle Mead
Wonderfully entertaining paranormal series that has something for every type of reader.

4. Fever series by Karen Marie Moning
Mindblowing urban fantasy series.  Should definitely be considered a classic of the genre.

5. Iron Fey series by Julie Kagawa
Fantasy series with unique worldbuilding and fabulous characters.

6. The Book Thief by Markus Zusak
Wonderful historical fiction that I think will become a staple on required school reading lists.

7. The Absolutely True Diary of a Part-time Indian by Sherman Alexie
I love the narrator and the way Alexie depicted Junior's plight.  I can definitely see generations of high schoolers connecting with him.

8. The Fault In Our Stars by John Green
Beautiful story that grabbed me and made me go through the full range of emotions.  Definitely a book that makes you think.

9. The Perks of Being a Wallflower by Stephen Chbosky
Similar to the Sherman Alexie.  Most young adults can relate to Charlie and his high school experiences.

10. Just Listen by Sarah Dessen
Practically anything by Dessen should be considered a classic, but I chose this one because it is my favorite.  The message is so beautiful and thought-provoking.

10 comments:

  1. I read The Vampire Academy and Hunger Games series and loved them too. Great recommendations.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I haven't read The Absolutely True Diary yet but it is on my TBR list big time!! I've heard so much about it!

    The Perk of Being a Wallflower is there too!

    great list - we had HP and The Book Thief in common and I had a John Green as well :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have not read any of these. I have heard a lot of good things about all of them. I do want to read them though. Especially the Vampire Academy and The Iron Fey.

    Nancy @ The Avid Reader
    New Follower
    My Top Ten

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great list! I especially like TFiOS & Perks & of course HP & HG. I keep hearing a lot about the Book Thoef, I probably should get on that one. ~dixie

    ReplyDelete
  5. For some reason, I just never could get into The Book Thief. I wante to, but... it didn't work. *sigh*. Oh, I hope Harry continues to be a well read book; I reread it all the time, and still fall for it (and the movies) again. Every time. :)

    Enjoy!
    TBQ

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love that you have a Sarah Dessen book on your list. She is amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great list! Just Listen is the only Sarah Dessen book I haven't read. And I definitely agree with you about The Book Thief, it'll probably be required reading somewhere along the line.

    Top Ten Tuesday

    ReplyDelete
  8. Ahhh! I love your list so much! I think anything by Sarah Dessen is worth reading--The Truth About Forever and Just Listen and That Lullaby are my favorites! I STILL haven't gotten around to reading The Book Thief, but I'm starting to think I REALLY need to!

    Here’s my TTT

    ReplyDelete
  9. I need to read the Fever series ASAP! I've been debating on reading the Vampire Academy Series as well!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I loved The Perks of Being a Wallflower (it's now one of those books that I give people as a gift!), and I have Just Listen sat on my desk, waiting to be read! I borrowed it from the library last week - it's only my second Sarah Dessen book, but I've heard a lot of great things.

    ReplyDelete

Yeah comments!! Thanks for visiting my blog. I will try to reply to your comments as soon as possible.