Wednesday, May 23, 2012

MY BOOK BOYFRIEND (38): Jericho Z. Barrons


My Book Boyfriend is an awesome weekly meme hosted by Missie at The Unread Reader all about fictional boys who make us swoon.  This week I am swooning over:

JERICHO Z. BARRONS
from Karen Marie Moning's Fever series

I have adored Barrons since I read KMM's fabulous urban fantasy series and, for some reason, have never featured him on My Book Boyfriend.  Since I haven't found any new boyfriends lately, I decided to use this week to ogle the lovely Jericho Z. Barrons.  I couldn't come up with basic information on Barrons that didn't sound stupid.  So I'm going to let KMM's words show why he is worthy of being My Book Boyfriend this week.


He didn't just occupy space; he saturated it. The room had been full of books before, now it was full of him. --Darkfever



Last night you said you wanted to know what to expect so you could better select your attire. I told you we were going to visit a vampire in a Goth-den tonight. Why, then, Ms. Lane, do you look like a perky rainbow? --Darkfever



I was about to look away when he reached across the seat, touched my jaw with his long, strong, beautiful fingers, and caressed my face.  Being touched by Jericho Barrons with kindness makes you feel like you must be the most special person in the world. It’s like walking up to the biggest, most savage lion in the jungle, lying down, placing your head it its mouth and, rather than taking your life, it licks you and purrs. --Bloodfever


"One day you may kiss a man you can’t breathe without, and find breath is of little consequence."
"Right, and one day my prince might come."
"I doubt he’ll be a prince, Ms. Lane. Men rarely are." --Bloodfever



Barrons was powerful, broodingly good-looking, insanely wealthy, frighteningly intelligent, and had exquisite taste, not to mention a hard body that emitted some kind of constant low-level charge. Bottom line: He was the stuff of heroes.  And psychotic killers. --Faefever


"...And nobody’s getting laid!" I practically shouted.
"You think I don’t know that?" He shifted his body beneath me, making me painfully aware of something. Two somethings, in fact, one of which was how far up my short skirt was. The other wasn’t my problem. I wriggled, to shimmy my hem down, but his expression perished the thought. When Barrons looks at me like that, it rattles me. Lust, in those ancient, obsidian eyes, offers no trace of humanity. Doesn’t even bother trying. --Faefever


He shakes me."Say my name."
"No."
"Damn it, would you just cooperate?"
"I do not know that word,'cooperate.'"
"Obviously,"he growls.
"I think you make up words."
"I do not make up words."
"Do,too."
"Do not."
"Too."
"Not." I laugh.
"Woman, you make me crazed," he mutters. --Dreamfever

  

He pulls me around and kisses me. "You're Mac," he says. "And I'm Jericho. And nothing else matters.  Never will.  You exist in a place that is beyond all rules for me.  Do you understand that?" I do.  Jericho Barrons just told me he loves me. --Shadowfever


"I'm not the hero, Mac. Never have been. Never will be. Let us be perfectly clear: I'm not the antihero, either, so quit waiting to discover my hidden potential. There's nothing to redeem me." --Shadowfever


My Barrons: David Gandy


About the Fever Series:

MacKayla Lane’s life is good. She has great friends, a decent job, and a car that breaks down only every other week or so. In other words, she’s your perfectly ordinary twenty-first-century woman.  Or so she thinks... until something extraordinary happens.

When her sister is murdered, leaving a single clue to her death–a cryptic message on Mac’s cell phone–Mac journeys to Ireland in search of answers. The quest to find her sister’s killer draws her into a shadowy realm where nothing is as it seems, where good and evil wear the same treacherously seductive mask. She is soon faced with an even greater challenge: staying alive long enough to learn how to handle a power she had no idea she possessed–a gift that allows her to see beyond the world of man, into the dangerous realm of the Fae...

5 comments:

  1. I haven't read this series, but Jericho sounds really awesome, plus I really like David!
    Good pick!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fever sounds like a great series, definitely need to pick it up sometime soon. Jericho sounds like such a cutie! I absolutely love the quotes!♥ Thanks for visiting my post. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I absolutely LOVE your guy! Not only is he totally swoon worthy based on those images, but those quotes have me drooling a bit! I am so checking this one out right away, I do love me a good series. Thank you so much for sharing him - have a great rest of the week! :)

    Here's mine:

    http://amylunderman.blogspot.com/2012/05/my-book-boyfriend-11-jeremy-parish.html

    ReplyDelete
  4. Okay, I definitely need to go out and get this book now! The quotes are AMAZING!

    Here’s my Book Boyfriend

    ReplyDelete
  5. Delicious pictures, *fans myself*, I absolutely love all the quotes, they truly made me love the character more, fever looks like such a great series so going to make sure to check it out :D

    ReplyDelete

Yeah comments!! Thanks for visiting my blog. I will try to reply to your comments as soon as possible.