Friday, May 25, 2012

FOLLOW FRIDAY (27) and TGIF (16)

Gain New Blog Followers
Feature & Follow Friday is a blog hop that expands your blog following by a joint effort between bloggers. Feature & Follow Friday is now hosted by TWO hosts, Rachel of Parajunkee and Alison of Alison Can Read. Each host will have their own Feature Blog and this way it'll allow us to show off more new blogs!


This Week's Feature Blogs:

Charissa Books

ula+button 150x150 Feature & Follow #98
Underworld Love Addiction


Q: Activity!  Dreamcast your current read.

I have been listening to Molly Harper's hilarious Jane Jameson series so I decided to dreamcast some of the main characters.  The first book in the series is Nice Girls Don't Have Fangs and my review can be found here.

 Chyler Leigh as Jane Jameson
A neurotic, clumsy librarian turned vampire with a quick wit and a tendency to get involved in some crazy antics.


Ian Somerhalder as Gabriel Nightengale
Jane's 150 year old sire and later secret-keeping boyfriend.


James Marsden as Richard "Dick" Cheney
A vampire who is Gabriel's former best friend with a snarky Southern drawl and seemingly few morals.

Christopher Gorham as Zeb Lavelle
Jane's childhood best friend who is a kindergarten teacher as well as Dr. Who superfan.


Isla Fisher as Andrea Byrne
A blood surrogate who helps Jane adjust to her new life as a vampire.


Kate Beckinsale as Jolene McClaine
Zeb's werewolf girlfriend with a huge appetite and a crazy family.


*******
I have created different ways for you to follow my blog: GFC, LinkyFollowers, email, Twitter, or Goodreads.  Comment, follow me, and I'll return the favor!!


********************


Hosted by Ginger at GReads.

This Friday's Question

Show Me Your Cover: What are some of the worst book covers, but hold some of the best stories inside? Don't be embarrassed, show us your cover!

Most romance novels would fall in this category, but I tried picked out some of the worst with the best stories. 





Always to Remember by Lorraine Heath
A heartbreaking tearjerker that is saddled with a ridiculous Fabio-esque cover.  A complete travesty.






It Had To Be You (Chicago Stars #1) by Susan Elizabeth Phillips
A hilarious contemporary romance that deserves better than the cleavage shot on the front cover.  Who came up with that brilliant idea?
A Hunger Like No Other (Immortals After Dark #1) by Kresley Cole
The later books in this series are pretty fabulous, but this early one just looked...wrong.


Castles by Julie Garwood
Just gaudy and overdesigned.







Vampire Academy series by Richelle Mead
Nothing completely egregious here, just doesn't showcase the excitement and the drama within one of my favorite YA series.








Psy-Changeling series by Nalini Singh
I've mentioned this one before, but why does this awesome paranormal series get saddled with ridiculous covers like these?







**********************



**BOOKS READ**
Rogues (Brook Street #3) by Ava March -- 3.5 Stars
Ruined by Rumor by Alyssa Everett -- 4.5 Stars
Fairy Metal Thunder (Songs of Magic #1) by J.L. Bryan -- 4 Stars
The Gentleman and the Rogue by Bonnie Dee and Summer Deven -- 4.5 Stars
Lethal  Rider (Lords of Deliverance #3) by Larissa Ione -- 5 Stars


**REVIEWS**
Brook Street Trilogy by Ava March (link)
Finnikin of the Rock by Melina Marchetta (link)
Nice Girls Don't Date Dead Men by Molly Harper (link)


**BLOG FEATURES**
MY BOOK BOYFRIEND: Jericho Z. Barrons (link)
WAITING ON WEDNESDAY: Fever Moon: The Fear Dorcha by Karen Marie Moning (link)

23 comments:

  1. Such a beautiful cast! Thanks for stopping by! My Follow

    ReplyDelete
  2. I haven't read that series, but I love the look of that cast! And WOW, those are definitely some terrible covers!! Thanks for sharing!

    Thanks for stopping by!

    Lisa @ Lost in Literature
    My FF & TGIF

    ReplyDelete
  3. Haven't heard of the book but great casting. =] Thanks for visiting my FF. Old Follower. =]

    ReplyDelete
  4. I haven't read the Jane Jameson series, but I really like your casting picks regardless! And I totally agree with you about the romance novels! Definitely not a cover I'd want to be seen in public with!

    Here's my TGIF

    ReplyDelete
  5. OMG thats one HOT casting call..

    Old Follower.

    Thanks for visiting my FF post here

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love the casting choices even though I haven't read the books, Ian Somerhalder is hotness!

    I totally agree about the Vampire Academy covers!

    Old follower.

    Thanks for stopping by :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. i agree with your choices on teh book covers! i think all of Nalini Singh's covers are awful. and I hate the VA covers, too. but all those books are so very popular...

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oooh, what a great cast! Anything with Ian in it needs watched. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Looks like a good cast! I've seen Ian a few times already today. Old follower.

    My follow friday. Hope you visit!

    ReplyDelete
  10. That's one good looking cast ;)

    I'm an old follower.
    Thanks for stopping by!
    :) Aeicha @ Word Spelunking

    ReplyDelete
  11. I have read this book and you are spot on in the cast. Good job. And those covers are pretty horrible. I forgot about the Psy-Changling series. Bad, bad, cover.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Looks like a good series...Iv never heard of it! New follower here and thanks for stopping by!

    Come check out my fantastic giveaway here. Great books and an Amazon GC!

    ReplyDelete
  13. That's a great looking cast! I agree with you about the Vampire Academy covers- I put off reading the series for way too long because of them.

    New GFC follower. Our FF

    ReplyDelete
  14. Great cast choices this week!! I haven't read this book but it sounds interesting :)

    Happy reading and thanks for stopping by!!

    ReplyDelete
  15. I've not read that book but if that were the cast, I would totally watch the movie/show! Fairly certain that'd be the most attractive cast ever. And, TOTALLY agree about the cover for It Had To Be You! So tacky for such a great story.

    Thanks for stopping by!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Great choices. I love Ian Somerhalder. New follower here :)

    my FF

    ReplyDelete
  17. Hunger Like No Other has one of the worst covers I've ever seen but I devoured the book in one sitting.

    Thanks for stopping by my blog.

    ReplyDelete
  18. You picked some awesome actors! I love James Marsden, Isla Fischer and Kate Beckinsale! I'd see this movie for sure.

    ReplyDelete
  19. I haven't read that book, but I'd watch just about anything with Kate Beckinsale or Ian Somerhalder :D

    Thanks for stopping by!

    Jessi @ Auntie Spinelli Reads

    ReplyDelete
  20. I haven't read the series but your cast makes me want to.

    ReplyDelete
  21. I haven't read the book, but I love the actors you chose.

    Thanks for stopping by!

    ReplyDelete

Yeah comments!! Thanks for visiting my blog. I will try to reply to your comments as soon as possible.