Tuesday, April 3, 2012

TOP TEN TUESDAY (20): Books To Read in a Day

Hosted by The Broke and the Bookish.


TOP TEN BOOKS TO READ IN A DAY

1. The Hunger Games by Suzanne Collins [The Hunger Games #1]
I got this from the library back in 2010 and stayed up all night reading it.  Then had to wait forever for Catching Fire and then Mockingjay!

2. The Traitor in the Tunnel by Y.S. Lee [The Agency #3]
I listened to the first two Agency books in audio so this was my first one I read in paper form.  I love the character of Mary Quinn and couldn't turn the pages fast enough to find out the truth behind the mystery and see the resolution of the obvious chemistry between her and architect James Easton.


3. Angelfall by Susan Ee [Penryn and the End of Days #1]
Creative twist on the angels of the apocalypse.  Plus has one of my favorite heroines ever! 

4. The Lightning Thief by Rick Riordan [Percy Jackson and the Olympians #1]
Easy to read and such a clever way to introduce kids to Greek mythology.  Percy Jackson is a hilarious hero whose escapades kept me reading and reading until the end.



5. Fifty Shades of Grey by E.L. James [Fifty Shades #1]
A current "media hit" that has its share of critics and fans.  While I can see some of the issues people may have with its style, I couldn't put it down! 

6. Fire Baptized by Kenya Wright [The Habitat #1]
New urban fantasy full of supernatural creatures, a disturbing murder mystery, a sexy love triangle, and a kickass heroine who can catch people on fire!  Highly recommend this one and can't wait for the sequel!

7. The Absolutely True Diary of a Part-time Indian by Sherman Alexie
Full of funny, and poignant, anecdotes of Junior's life in the Indian Reservation and in his new school.  The writing is captivating and the hilarious drawings were just icing on the cake.

8. Hex Hall by Rachel Hawkins [Hex Hall #1]
A "magic school" young adult story that was unpredictable and kept me on the edge of my seat.  There are some twists that I did not see coming and I look forward to reading about more of Sophie's adventures.


9. Hollowland by Amanda Hocking [The Hollows #1]
I'm not usually a zombie fan, but this book hooked me from the beginning.  There was so much going on and the characters were in peril all the time so, of course, I couldn't stop until I finished it!

10. The Book Thief by Markus Zusak
Probably don't have to go into too much detail with this one.  It is long, but the whole premise was fascinating and I couldn't look away despite the fact that I spent much of the end with tears running down my face.




11 comments:

  1. I have been meaning to pick up a copy of The Absolutely True Diary of a Part-Time Indian... and I also have been meaning to read The Book Thief. I need more time in the day!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Angelfall looks nice, I love brilliant heroines. :) Hex Hall also looks like a good read.
    Here's my Top 10: https://wildnightin.wordpress.com/2012/04/03/top-ten-tuesday-broke-and-bookish/

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've seen a few positive reviews of the Alexie book recently, I will definitely check it out at some point!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hunger Games is on a lot of lists, it was very gripping.

    You really should check out Emotionally Charged, it isn't a long book at all. Definitely good.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I have The Agency series on my TBR pile, and seeing it on your list here makes me want to read it ASAP!

    Great picks :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. A friend of mine just finished 50 Shades and swear it is super addicting. I am going to have to read it, only because of all the drama I hear about it, right?

    Beth ^_^
    http://sweetbooksnstuff.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  7. A lot of your books I need to go read. Now I know I'll need some tissues when I pick up The Book Thief. And I agree with the Part-Time Indian book being a one day read. It was a good book. Love the list!

    Thanks for visiting my Top Ten.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I've got Angelfall on my list this week, too! I need to read Hollowland. I've heard really good things about it.

    My TTT post: http://abnormallyparanormal.blogspot.com/2012/04/top-10-fantasy-books-to-read-in-day-ttt.html

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh my goodness please read Partials soon! You will not regret it!

    I really need to read Hex Hall. Everyone I know who has read it has loved it!

    Thanks for stoppin' by!

    Jennifer @ A Librarian's Library

    ReplyDelete
  10. Great list. I have to read Angellfall. Hex Hall should be here Tuesday. And I sent it in a RAK. You must be a fast reader to read The Book Thief in a day.

    Miranda @ The Lonely Bookshelf

    ReplyDelete
  11. The book thief is an excellent choice. It took me a couple of days to read it but it's definitely unputdownable.

    ReplyDelete

Yeah comments!! Thanks for visiting my blog. I will try to reply to your comments as soon as possible.