Wednesday, April 25, 2012

MY BOOK BOYFRIEND (35): Fearghus


My Book Boyfriend is an awesome weekly meme hosted by Missie at The Unread Reader all about fictional boys who make us swoon.  This week I am swooning over:

FEARGHUS
from
G.A. Aiken's Dragon Actually



About Fearghus:
  • 200 years old dragon shifter with black hair and dark eyes.
  • Has many brothers and sisters.
  • Known as a recluse among the other dragons.
  • Very lonely until he meets the fierce warrior Annwyl the Bloody.
  • All he wants is to make those he cares about happy, no matter the cost to himself.

Annwyl's chest constricted as gooseflesh broke out over her skin. She watched him with wide eyes.  His face was the face she saw in her dreams every night while she recovered her strength.  That black hair the same hair she always made sure to dig her hands into. Who the hell was this?





His affection for the human grew steadily by the day.  Sometimes by the minute.  And it wasn't simply her beauty, but her utter lack of fear of everything and anything except her brother.  She didn't fear dying.  She didn't fear battle.  And, most importantly, she didn't fear Fearghus.  She touched him.  Ran her hands across his scales and through his mane.  But it was when he covered her up with the fur and she sighed his name in her sleep, that he lost his heart.



"He's very disconcerting."  
"Disconcerting?  I didn't know that was a flaw."
"It can be."
"I don't understand why he makes you so nervous and I don't.  I can turn you into a fireball."
"Well, you're very sweet.  And charming."
"They call me Fearghus the Destroyer."
She dismissed that with a wave of her hand.  "And they call me Annwyl the Bloody.  I'm not impressed."



"You amaze me, woman."
"Then finish it," she purred as she wrapped her arms around his neck, ignoring the searing pain the move caused her forearms.  "And keep me as your own."
Apparently he needed no further prompting.  He turned her so she faced the wood table and ran his hands down her back.  His lips following close behind. Alternately nipping and sucking her skin.  He licked any wounds she had, cleaning them with his tongue.

My Fearghus: Jason Momoa

About Dragon Actually:


It's not always easy being a female warrior with a nickname like Annwyl the Bloody. Men tend to either cower in fear-a lot-or else salute. It's true that Annwyl has a knack for decapitating legions of her ruthless brother's soldiers without pausing for breath. But just once it would be nice to be able to really talk to a man, the way she can talk to Fearghus the Destroyer. 

Too bad that Fearghus is a dragon, of the large, scaly, and deadly type. With him, Annwyl feels safe-a far cry from the feelings aroused by the hard-bodied, arrogant knight Fearghus has arranged to help train her for battle. 

With her days spent fighting a man who fills her with fierce, heady desire, and her nights spent in the company of a magical creature who could smite a village just by exhaling, Annwyl is sure life couldn't get any stranger. She's wrong. And just wait until you meet the rest of the family?

9 comments:

  1. Oh yum! :) Love the pictures for your Fearghus!

    I haven't read this series, but after reading some of those quotes, I really need to! :) Thanks for sharing, Fearghus sounds very delicious!

    Enjoy,
    TBQ
    TBQ's Book Palace

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this series, it's one of my all time favs as its funny and hot! I think I want to do a reread after seeing your quotes. Oh, bonus points for having pictures of Jason. Yummy.

    ReplyDelete
  3. good lord, I was positively swooning as I read those quotes! Never thought I'd be swooning over a dragon, but here I am! Great choice!

    Here's my MBB

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow, both the model and those quotes are very very hot!
    Never heard about this book before but now I really want to read it.
    Great pick! =D

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh Yummy - I absolutely LOVE your pick! I haven't read this series yet, but after those quotes and pictures, I'll definitely be checking it out now. Thank you for sharing!

    Here's mine:
    http://amylunderman.blogspot.com/2012/04/my-book-boyfriend-7-graves-to-z.html

    ReplyDelete
  6. He looks scary but it's very attractive.

    ReplyDelete
  7. OMG! Jason Momoa totally looks like he could be the guy on that book cover! Amazing. And LOL! Love the picture of the dragon. I haven't read too many books with dragon shifters, but after hearing about Fearghus, I think I need to change that. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Ooh, A dragon shifting Jason Momoa, I would definitely read this book!!

    ReplyDelete

Yeah comments!! Thanks for visiting my blog. I will try to reply to your comments as soon as possible.