My Book Boyfriend is an awesome weekly meme hosted by Missie at The Unread Reader all about fictional boys who make us swoon. This week I am swooning over:
Sherrilyn Kenyon's Dark Hunters series
- 6'8 with a lean build
- Blond hair that is usually dyed another color such as black/red
- Swirling silver eyes
- Nicknames: Apostoles, Ash, Akri, T-Rex, Achimou
- 11,000 years old (born 9548 BC)
- Atlantean god known as the Harbinger of Destruction.
- Son of Archon (Head of the Atlantean pantheon) and Apollymi (Goddess of Death).
- Cast into the mortal world as a baby to protect him from his father's wrath.
- Severely abused and eventually turned into a whore.
- After his mortal death at age 21, became the first Dark-Hunter (a warrior created by the goddess Artemis to protect humans from deadly daimons).
- Feels unworthy of love due to his tortured past and fears his friends finding out the truth about him more than anything.
Then he will be called Acheron for the River of Woe. Like the river of the Underworld, his journey shall be dark, long and enduring. He will be able to give life and to take it. He will walk through his life alone and abandoned – ever seeking kindness and ever finding cruelty. May the gods have mercy on you, little one. No one else ever will.
It’s easy to look at people and make quick judgments about them, their present, and their past, but you’d be amazed at the pain and tears a single smile hides. What a person shows to the world is only one tiny facet of the iceberg hidden from sight. And more often than not, it’s lined with cracks and scars that go all the way to the foundations of their soul.
"There are some pains that run too deep for anything to absolve them. The best we can do is pick up the pieces and hope for the strength we need to keep going." "Is that what you do?"
"No, I beat shit up – that helps even more."
"I was shattered as a child and thrown away, like a piece of trash no on wanted. But you don’t treat me like that. You see in me the human bit and you touch that part of me. You make me feel whole and wanted."
My Acheron: Travis Fimmel