Wednesday, April 11, 2012

MY BOOK BOYFRIEND (33): Dimitri Belikov


MY BOOK BOYFRIEND is an awesome weekly meme hosted by Missie at The Unread Reader, all about fictional boys who make us swoon.  This week I am swooning over:

DIMITRI BELIKOV
from 
Richelle Mead's Vampire Academy series


About Dimitri:
  • Age: 24 years old
  • Appearance: Longish dark brown hair and brown eyes/6'7 and muscular build
  • Nicknames: Dimka, Comrade, Cradle Robber
  • Dhampir guardian originally from Siberia.
  • Speaks with a slight Russian accent.
  • Known as a god amongst the other guardians for his fighting prowess.
  • Loves western novels and wears a long duster like a cowboy.
  • Falls in love with a student he is mentoring at St. Vladimir's Academy.

The other problem in my life is Dimitri.  He's the one who killed Natalie, and he's a total badass.  He's also pretty good-looking.  Okay--more than good-looking.  He's hot--like the kind of hot that makes you stop walking on the street and get hit by traffic.
--Frostbite



"Do you think I'm pretty?"
"I think you're beautiful."
"Beautiful?"
"You are so beautiful, it hurts sometimes."
--Vampire Academy



"You and I will both be Lissa's guardians someday.  I need to protect her at all cost.  If a pack of Strigoi come, I need to throw my body between them and her."
"I know that.  Of course that's what you have to do."  The black sparkles were dancing in front of my eyes again.  I was fading out.
"No.  If I let myself love you, I won't throw myself in front of her.  I'll myself in front of you."
--Vampire Academy



"We can't . . ." He told me.
"I know," I agreed.
Then his mouth was on mine again, and this time, I knew there would be no turning back.  There were no walls this time.  Our bodies wrapped together as he tried to get my coat off, then his shirt, then my shirt . . . It really was a lot like when we'd fought out on the quad earlier--that same passion and heat.  I think at the end of the day, the instincts that power fighting and sex aren't so different. They all come from an animal side of us.
--Shadow Kiss

There are many more quotes that I wanted to add, but I didn't want to spoil too much of this fabulous YA series.  If you haven't read it yet, I highly recommend it! 




My Dimitri: Actor Taylor Kitsch from Friday Night Lights, John Carter, and Wolverine.



10 comments:

  1. I never would have thought of Taylor as Dimitri...until now. You are right. He would fill that role perfectly!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oooh I could fall for him from his height alone! I just picked up the first in this series, and now you have me anxious to meet Dimitri. Lovely pick!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yo might as well kick me, but I´m not really in love with VA. But I agree. Dimitry is fantastic!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have to agree with Kriston's comment. Totally unexpected, but totally works!! And that last picture... melts into a puddle of goo.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Dimitri was my first book boyfriend and he is still #1 for me. *sigh* Love him

    ReplyDelete
  6. oh Dimitri... *swoon* Great pick with Taylor Kitsch as Dimitri, and i LOVED the quotes!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm an Adrian girl but I can't help swoon over a few of those quotes that were my favorite from Dimitri.
    "You are so beautiful, it hurts sometimes."
    "No. If I let myself love you, I won't throw myself in front of her. I'll myself in front of you."
    Thanks for visiting My Book Boyfriend

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh wow - I absolutely LOVE your choice! Those quotes and pictures have me swooning. Dimitri is the best! Thank you for sharing! :)

    Here's mine:

    http://amylunderman.blogspot.com/2012/04/my-book-boyfriend-5-blue-valentine-to-z.html

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh Dimitri <3 <3 Always Dimitri <3 <3 He'll be my book boyfriend FOREVER <3 <3

    ReplyDelete
  10. Dimitri! I haven't finished reading the series yet. I love this line "You are so beautiful, it hurts sometimes." It's so dramatic. :)

    ReplyDelete

Yeah comments!! Thanks for visiting my blog. I will try to reply to your comments as soon as possible.