Wednesday, April 4, 2012

MY BOOK BOYFRIEND (32): Vane


My Book Boyfriend is an awesome weekly meme hosted by Missie at The Unread Reader all about fictional boys who make us swoon.  This week I am swooning over:

VANE KATTALAKIS
**Night Play by Sherrilyn Kenyon**



About Vane:
  • 6'6, muscular build
  • Long dark hair, hazel eyes, tan skin
  • Lykos [type of werewolf/animal shifter]
  • One of six kids
  • Extremely protective of those he cares about

At first glance his hair was dark brown, but in reality it was made up of all colors: ash, auburn, black, brown, mahogany, and even some blond.  She'd never seen hair like that on anyone.  Long and wavy, it was pulled back into a sexy ponytail.
Better yet, his white T-shirt was pulled tight over a body that most women only saw in the best magazine ads.  It was a body meant for sex.  Tall and lean, that body begged a woman to caress it just to see if it was as hard and perfect as it appeared.



He couldn't stop himself.  Every instinct he possessed demanded he take her.  His wolf's soul wanted to taste her.  It wanted to breathe her in and let her softness ease his loneliness that had filled his heart these past months while he grieved for his sister and brother.  Just for one moment, he wanted to feel unalone again.



"I think infatuation is like a garden.  If tended and cared for, it grows into love.  If neglected or abused, it dies.  The only way to have eternal love is to never let your heart forget what its like to live without it."



He took her hand and led it to his heart where she felt it pounding against her palm, "No one has ever touched me like you do.  You're like a whisper.  Gentle, soft.  Soothing.  In my world, the people only shout and scream.  But, you . . . you're my haven."
She shivered at his poetic words, "God, you're good."
"Its not a line, Bride.  I may be human, but I'm also an animal and the animal in me doesn't lie or deceive.  I never thought that part of me would be tamed, but it is now.  It doesn't want to lash out at anyone.  It just wants you."
How could a woman say no to that?



"Just remember, this doesn't get you off the hook for a big Irish wedding."
He laughed at that.  "Whatever it takes to make you happy."
Her smile faded as seriousness set deep in her heart.  "That would definitely be you."
He kissed her again, nearly devouring her.


My Vane: Sexy, dark-haired werewolf...who else but the wonderful Joe Manganiello from True Blood!

14 comments:

  1. I honestly believe that Joe was meant to be a werewolf! Seriously. He's so wolfy and HOT!!!

    I have yet to read anything by Sherrilyn Kenyon but she definitely knows how to write about sexy men. I love how Vane admits to being tamed by his woman. So sweet!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Joe Manganiello is so ridiculously sexy! I'm intrigued by this book just because you chose him to represent Vane. *shivers*

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think my friends coul call him Yummy! And this time I just agree*

    ReplyDelete
  4. I totally agree with Missie, Joe is very hot and wolfy he makes the perfect Vane:)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Woooow!! Love it!! :) He's sexy :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. YUMMY! I haven't read any books yet by SK, but I need to pick one up, and try her out!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Joe is a very wolfish man. LOVE IT!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I never watched TRUE BLOOD, though it seems to have a lot of eye candy.

    ReplyDelete
  9. VANEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE squeekkkkks
    I love him and Joe would be perfect Vane. Well picked :D

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh wow - I LOVE your pick! I haven't read this one yet, but I totally am now! Great pictures and quotes - Thank you for sharing him! :)

    Here's mine:

    http://amylunderman.blogspot.com/2012/04/my-book-boyfriend-4-peregrine-to-z.html

    ReplyDelete
  11. Nice one! I love Joe Manganiello! :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. I havent read true blood but this makes me want to read it :D Great pick!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Wow, great pick! And I must also agree, Joe makes a fantastic Vane!
    Thanks for sharing! :)

    ReplyDelete

Yeah comments!! Thanks for visiting my blog. I will try to reply to your comments as soon as possible.