Friday, April 13, 2012

FOLLOW FRIDAY (23) and TGIF (12)

Gain New Blog Followers
Feature & Follow Friday is a blog hop that expands your blog following by a joint effort between bloggers. Feature & Follow Friday is now hosted by TWO hosts, Rachel of Parajunkee and Alison of Alison Can Read. Each host will have their own Feature Blog and this way it'll allow us to show off more new blogs!


This Week's Feature Blogs:

Book Briefs
Book Briefs

GRBUTTON Feature & Follow #92
Gizmo's Reviews

Q: What is one book that you would be nervous to see a movie adaptation of because you think the movie could never live up to the book?
In theory, I would love to see all my favorite books turned into movies if only to give them, and the authors, more exposure.  But, for every Harry Potter or Hunger Games, we have a Percy Jackson, Avalon High, or The Other Boleyn Girl.  I couldn't pick just one book for this question so I decided to give you all my top five:


1. Outlander by Diana Gabaldon
In my mind, there is just no way that the epic scale of this book could be successfully adapted into a movie.  Possibly could work as a mini-series, but I would still be nervous.  The casting would probably be the biggest issue...how do you find someone to embody Jamie Fraser?








2. Anna and the French Kiss by Stephanie Perkins
I have seen so many great books get destroyed during adaptation.  With this being a young adult book, my biggest fear for this book would be that they would "dumb it down" for the audience or add too much unnecessary drama. 






3. Bet Me by Jennifer Crusie
Similar to #2, I would be afraid that they would take this hilarious, and intelligent, contemporary romance and turn it into another stupid, cliched mess like so many other romantic comedies.  You just know Hollywood would try to make Min a skinny blonde or something equally goofy.





4. Fever series by Karen Marie Moning
I know they are in the early process of making this into a movie, but I will admit I'm nervous.  How will they take the epic awesomeness that is this urban fantasy series and give it justice?  Will they be able to accurately portray Mac's evolution from pink-loving Southern belle into badass fae fighter?  Also, how in the world would you cast Jericho Z. Barrons? 


5. Vampire Academy series by Richelle Mead
Another series that is currently in the early stages of adaptation.  I just finished this and absolutely adored it.  I'm nervous about this one because of the inevitable Twilight or Vampire Diaries comparisons and the fact that I'm not sure how the complex political issues would turn out on screen.







*******
I have created different ways for you to follow my blog: GFC, LinkyFollowers, email, Twitter, or Goodreads.  Comment, follow me, and I'll return the favor!!


********************


Hosted by Ginger at GReads.

This Friday's Question
Musical Stories: If you could read a book about any song, which song would you love to see written down in story form?

*Ordinary Day by Vanessa Carlton
The pure wonder depicted in this song would make a fascinating young adult or contemporary romance.  A great example of what could be done is in this AMV with the hilarious, and sweet, anime Ouran High School Host Club.

*Everybody's Fool by Evanescence
A dark, depressing song about hiding your true self from others would be a fascinating read.  I could see an author like Laurie Halse Anderson or Sarah Dessen doing wonders with this type of storyline.
*Sharada by Skye Sweetnum
This song is a happy-go-lucky story about a girl who seems to bounce her way through life while not caring what anyone thinks of her.  It reminds me a bit of Luna Lovegood from Harry Potter and I think it would make a great and unusual book.


*A Star-Crossed Wasteland by In This Moment
This is my suggestion for an urban fantasy-type story.  The epic scale of the song could easily be portrayed in this genre.  Also, it would be interesting to see how an author like Stacia Kane or Karen Marie Moning would take the idea of a star-crossed wasteland and turn it into a fascinating supernatural world.



**********************



**BOOKS READ**
Last Sacrifice (Vampire Academy #6) by Richelle Mead (5 Stars)
Lover Reborn (Black Dagger Brotherhood #10) by JR Ward (5 Stars)
A Week To Be Wicked (Spindle Cove #2) by Tessa Dare (5 Stars)
When A Duke Says I Do by Jane Goodger (3.5 Stars)
Fortune Hunter (Brook Street #2) by Ava March (4 Stars)
Long Hard Ride (Rough Riders #1) by Lorelei James (3.5 Stars)
Confessions From An Arranged Marriage (Burgundy Club #4) by Miranda Neville (4 Stars)

**REVIEWS**
Friday Night Bites by Chloe Neill (link)
Shadow Kiss by Richelle Mead (link)
Blood Promise by Richelle Mead (link)
**BLOG FEATURES**
TOP TEN TUESDAY: Books That Were Totally Deceiving (link)
MY BOOK BOYFRIEND: Dimitri Belikov from Richelle Mead's Vampire Academy series (link)

12 comments:

  1. New follower stopping by - some really great choices.

    For me, it seems the more fantastic a story is, the more imagination involved, the riskier the adaptation. Hollywood can rarely measure up to what I've already cast and directed in my head. :)

    Bob @ Beauty in Ruins

    ReplyDelete
  2. UM, I'm sorry I was totally distracted by that DELICIOUS PICTURE OF ADAM RODRIGUEZ. *drroooooollls*

    Okay also, love the Evanescence!!! great choices :)

    xo,
    La Toya (La Toya, Literally)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I don't think the Fever series would translate well. LOTS of editing needed.

    My follow friday. Please stop by!

    ReplyDelete
  4. My pick was Outlander too. Did you know they made it into a musical? I shudder every time I think about it.

    My FF.

    ReplyDelete
  5. You are so right, Outlander and the Fever Series would be hard movies to make. I love Evanescence songs. Great choices. Thanks for stopping by.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hopping through. I think Anna could be a great movie but I would be so scared that it would turn into a blase teen romance.
    My Hop

    ReplyDelete
  7. I need to read all of the ones you mentioned. But I could seen how all of them would be very difficult to be made into movies. Thanks for stopping by my FF. =]
    -Michael
    My FF

    ReplyDelete
  8. How do you except me to comment with that yummy Man Candy looking at me? I mean really!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Yes! To all your FF picks and wow, your TGIF songs! So good! <3

    Patricia // My FF

    ReplyDelete
  10. Vampire Academy & Fever have me so nervous!!;) but I think VA would go better as a series, and as for fever as long as David Gandy plays JZB it's all good, and I picture Jason Mamoa playing Dimitri!! Hehe

    Have a wonderful weekend & thanks for visiting!! Old follower:)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Ah you make a good point with Anna! Also yes to Ouran love, such a hilarious series! :D

    ReplyDelete
  12. I have seen lots of vampires academy answers. I really need to read that series!

    Thanks for stopping by my FF post. Im a new follower of yours :)

    ReplyDelete

Yeah comments!! Thanks for visiting my blog. I will try to reply to your comments as soon as possible.