Tuesday, March 27, 2012

TOP TEN TUESDAY (19): Books I'd Play Hooky With

Hosted by The Broke and the Bookish.


TOP TEN BOOKS I'D PLAY HOOKY FOR


Like most of my fellow bloggers, I'm sure I could be convinced to "play hooky" with any book.  After all, my ideal world would be one where I could read all day without any distractions such as work, school, etc. 


1. Lover Reborn (Black Dagger Brotherhood #10) by JR Ward

Released today!!  This is my ultimate book crack (or crahck if we're speaking Warden).  I have devoured this series more times than I can count and I'm sure this installment will be no exception.  Tohrment...Lassiter....Qhuay!!  Love me some Brothers!








2. City of Bones and City of Ashes (Mortal Instruments #1 and 2) by Cassandra Clare

I'm cheating with this one and counting the first two MI books as one.  I have heard so much about this series (and Infernal Devices) that I really need a day off to properly enjoy them one after another.



3. Hexed and Hammered (Iron Druid Chronicles #2 and 3) by Kevin Hearne

Similar situation as above.  I loved Hammered and would love to spend an entire day with Atticus, Oberon, and all their crazy adventures. 




4. Magic Bites (Kate Daniels #1) by Ilona Andrews

Sometimes there is nothing better than starting a fabulous (hopefully!) new series.  I have been meaning to get going on this series forever and would definitely love to use a free day to get obsessed!











5. Fifty Shades Freed (Fifty Shades #3) by E.L. James

Really enjoyed the first two, but haven't read the last in the series.  These books (despite their obvious issues) completely suck me in and make me keep reading until the very end.






6. Born of Shadows (The League #4) by Sherrilyn Kenyon

I love SK's science fiction romance series and have had this book on my TBR shelf for ages.  If I played hooky, I could get going on this one and be ready for Born of Silence this spring!






7.  A Million Suns (Across the Universe #2) by Beth Revis

Another book that I have owned since release day, but haven't gotten to read yet.  I loved Across the Universe so much that I want to relish this next installment.  Plus I've heard there is a cliffhanger and I'm trying to bide my time so I won't have as long to wait for Shades of Earth.








8. Delirium (Delirium #1) by Lauren Oliver

A dystopian novel that I have read many great reviews on.  Plus with Pandemonium coming out, it would be the perfect time to spend a day getting into a new world.








9. Lord of the Fading Lands (Tairen Soul #1) by C.L. Wilson

A fantasy romance series that is rumored to be highly addictive.  Definitely need to block out a day to read this one!










10. Crave (Fallen Angels #2) by JR Ward

I adore JR Ward's writing (see #1), but haven't found the time to get farther in her Fallen Angels series.  The concept of Crave is intriguing to me and I would love to read it without too many interruptions.







HONORABLE MENTIONS
These are books that have not been released yet which could also require a "hooky day" to read.

*Insurgent (Divergent #2) by Veronica Roth
*Lethal Rider (Lords of Deliverance #3) by Larissa Ione
*Once Burned (Night Prince #1) by Jeaniene Frost

 

8 comments:

  1. Great idea to hold off on A Million Suns. Sure wish I didn't have so long to wait for the sequel...

    ReplyDelete
  2. I haven't yet read Across the Universe and that series has such great reviews! I should give it a try. I really enjoyed Delirium, and it's great timing to read it as Pandemonium is out now.

    Thanks for stopping by my top ten :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I agree with 2 and 7. I haven't read Delirium yet (I know!)

    Thanks for stopping by :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ooh The Mortal Instruments!! I just finished book 4 and it was soo good!

    And I totally agree the Black Dagger Brotherhood books are like crack. Total mind candy!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Definitely need a week for the Mortal Instruments. And A Million Suns and Delirium are good! I'm going to have to look into the other books. Great list!

    Thanks for visiting my Top Ten.

    ReplyDelete
  6. ooh! I love the Mortal Instruments. I love me some Jace(:

    ReplyDelete
  7. Jennifer great list!! I love it!! I would play hooky with mortal instruments for,um, forever <3 <3 I've never heard of Hexed and Hammered, so I definitely need to check it out! And Fifty shades!! OMG I've heard it's so so good!! Need to start soon! <3

    ReplyDelete
  8. Amazing list! I've been wanting to read City Of Bones, but I'm not quite sure if I'd like it. Delirium's been sitting on my shelf too. I cannot wait to get my hands on A Million Suns! :D
    new follower. (:

    ReplyDelete

Yeah comments!! Thanks for visiting my blog. I will try to reply to your comments as soon as possible.