Wednesday, March 21, 2012

MY BOOK BOYFRIEND (30): Malkom Slaine


My Book Boyfriend is an awesome weekly meme hosted by Missie at The Unread Reader all about fictional boys who make us swoon.  This week I am swooning over: 

MALKOM SLAINE

Demon from the Dark (Immortals After Dark, #10) 
(Immortals After Dark #10)
by Kresley Cole

Appearance:
  • Dirty blond hair, blue eyes that turn black when angry.
  • Horns on top of head and fangs.
  • Piercings and tattoos everywhere.
  • Seven feet tall and very muscular build.


The being's body was nearly seven feet tall and splashed with blood.  Large horns curved back from above his ears.  His lips were parted, exposing upper and lower fangs.  Another demon.  And, gods, this one was big.  His broad chest and brawny arms were covered in a mesh chainmail shirt, his muscles rippling with strength under the metal.


About Malkom:

  • Vemon  or a demon transformed into a vampire by force.
  • Sold into slavery by his mother as a child.
  • Physically and sexually abused by his vampire owners.
  • Became a powerful warrior and eventually best friends with a prince before his transformation.
  • Like most demons, dreams of the day that he will meet his destined mate.
Why I Love Him:
  • Very sweet and awkward around Carrow, his mate.
  • Has lived a solitary life and has been very lonely.
  • Is ashamed of his vemon status, but uses his strength to protect those he cares about.
  • All he wants is a family to care for and to care about him.

What was this frenzy?  The feeling that had weighed on him now escalated.  When he recognized it, his eyes narrowed.  This was fear.  For her.  It'd been so long since he'd felt it that he hadn't comprehended it.  The only people who knew fear were ones who had something to lose.  At last, he did.  And he'd be damned if anything took her from him.

He interlaced his fingers and said, "We are bound."  
"Bound?"
He collected a piece of rope, knotting it. 
"Oh, you mean bound?"
He gave a nod, then drew in the sand.  An infinity symbol?
"Clever demon, how did you know that?"
He was gazing at her with a question in his eyes.
"Bound forever?"  And somehow she met his gaze and lied, "Yes, demon.  Bound forever."
As if to make her feel even guiltier, he gathered her into his arms, cupping her face against his broad chest.  His voice a deep rumble, he said, "Carrow is Malkom's."


At the end of the night, he'd turned on his side so he could enfold her in his arms, clasping her tightly to him.  His body still shuddering, his voice raw, he'd said, "A witch holds my life in her palm.  Ara, I live or die for you."


My Malkom: Wes Ramsey

9 comments:

  1. Awww this is wooow :) I like him!! Great pick of quotes!! :) Love it :) ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Poor guy, he seems to have had such a hard life.. He deserves a happy place between our book boys :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. :) Great pick! I really need to finish this series (I haven't read books 7 on, I think, though it's not from lack of wanting to!). *sigh* The tortured hero always gets me! :)

    Enjoy!
    TBQ
    TBQ's Book Palace

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love this series and I loved Malkom! Great pick!
    my bb

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sold into slavery by his own mother? GAH! My heart is already bleeding for him. But as a 7 foot tall beast, it's hard to imagine anyone being able to take advantage of him. Love the model you picked. Fits the description perfectly.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I haven't read this series, but this man makes me wanna scream!
    Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  7. That book cover is extremely hot! I think I only read the first book in this series. I wouldn't mind being Bound to him!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh wow, I LOVE your pick! I haven't read this one yet, but I definitely am now. Great picks too - thank you for sharing! :)

    Here's mine:

    http://amylunderman.blogspot.com/2012/03/my-book-boyfriend-2-seth-apollyon.html

    ReplyDelete
  9. love the quotes! awesome choice, i'm definitely going to check this book out!

    ReplyDelete

Yeah comments!! Thanks for visiting my blog. I will try to reply to your comments as soon as possible.