Wednesday, March 7, 2012

MY BOOK BOYFRIEND (28): William


My Book Boyfriend is an awesome weekly meme hosted by Missie at The Unread Reader all about fictional boys who make us swoon.  

This week I am swooning over William from Gena Showalter's Lords of the Underworld series.  William has not had his own book yet in the series, but has been involved in every installment since The Darkest Kiss.  I just finished reading the latest book, The Darkest Seduction, and, while I loved Paris, I found myself falling even more in love, and lust, with William-The-Ever-Randy.  Unfortunately, it seems like readers will have a long time to wait to see William get his HEA so I figured I would honor him this week.  

About William:
  • Has black hair, blue eyes, and a muscled body.
  • Son of Hades, brother of Lucifer, and possibly father of the Four Horsemen of the Apocalypse.
  • Was imprisoned in Tartarus by the Greek gods for an unknown amount of time.
  • Is extremely protective of a teenager named Gilly and even tortures/kills her abusive foster family.
  • Is cursed to be killed by the woman he loves so avoids relationships.

"I'm William, but you can call me Sexy.  Everyone does." --The Darkest Kiss


"Yep, that's me.  I know.  I know.  You're humbled I'm here, feel like throwing rose petals at my feet, blah, blah, blah.  No need, though.  Just try and think of me as normal guy." --The Darkest Pleasure


"He's a love-em and leave-em kind of guy.  And though he's not a Lord, he does have a curse hanging over his head.  I have the book to prove it."
William growled low in this throat, "Anya! Must you share my secrets with everyone?"  He flattened his palms on the arms of his chair.  "Fine.  If you can spill, I can too  Anya's the reason the Titanic sank.  She was playing chicken with the icebergs."
Scowling,  Anya anchored her hands on her hips, "William had a bronze made of his penis and placed it on his mantel." --The Darkest Whisper


"Hold everything.  I missed a four-way chick fight.  Then I find out someone's been nibbling." William's attention shifted to Olivia, who was still lying on the floor.  "Please tell me our sweet little angel is the biter.  It'll make me want her ever so much more."--The Darkest Passion



William untucked the covers and stood, making a mental list of everything he'd need for the coming trip.  A few blades, serrated and non-serrated.  A vial of acid.  A bone saw.  A spiked paddle.  A cat-o-nine tails.  And a bag of Gummy Bears. --The Darkest Secret



Dangerous as a lightning strike, as lethal as a pair of crisscrossing short swords, William whispered, "You're about to find out how your liver tastes, my friend."
"I have tasted it already," Zacharel said, his voice its usual monotone.  The snowflakes began to fall in earnest, tiny at first, but growing in diameter.  An arctic wind blustered around him.  "It was a bit salty."
How the hell was a guy supposed to respond to that?
Apparently William didn't know either, because he gaped at the angel.  Then, "Maybe if you added a little pepper?"
O-kay.  It was official.  William had an answer for everything. --The Darkest Seduction



"I'll stay here and act as lookout," William nodded, clearly satisfied with the idea.  "If you don't return in, say, the amount of time it takes my conditioner to penetrate my scalp.  I'll go for help."  He snickered.  "I said penetrate." --The Darkest Seduction



My William: Victor Webster
About Lords of the Underworld series:

Long ago, twelve immortal warriors -- each more dangerously seductive than the last -- stole and opened Pandora's box, unleashed the evil from within.  Now they carry that evil within themselves.  Violence, Pain, Death, Disease, Misery, Doubt, Promiscuity, Defeat, Lies, Secrets, and Wrath.  When a powerful enemy returns, they will travel the world in search of a sacred relic of the gods -- one that threatens to destroy them all.

9 comments:

  1. I want William to have his own story too!!!! Hopefully we'll get one. Haven't been able to read Paris' yet. :( Hope to soon!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hahaa! Oh, Mr. Sexy does have a great sense of humor! I love to see that bronzed piece, though I'd probably keep it in my bed side drawers instead of the mantel. LOL

    Sorry, for the way inappropriate comment, but I can't help myself. I blame William.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'd totally call him Sexy. :P
    Happy Hump Day!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I don't know where these men come from ;)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh Victor is so YUM and so you know just by posting all those pics I want to read this one. Oh he sounds so nummy I need to get into this series. Can you believe I haven't read them yet? Yes, I'm a bad reader. :(

    ReplyDelete
  6. I just checked out these books an Goodreads and they sound right up my alley. I love stories about the Underworld. William sounds yummy. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  7. haha this guy is hilarious!! I need to read this serie :D Looks fantastic :) <3

    ReplyDelete
  8. I just re-read THE DARKEST CRAVING and William is just amazing in this book is WISH he had his own book so bad I can't wait Intel it does come out

    ReplyDelete
  9. while Victor Webster is incredibly hott, I can totally see Ryan Reynolds as William!! The comedic timing, sarcasm & wit is right up his alley.

    ReplyDelete

Yeah comments!! Thanks for visiting my blog. I will try to reply to your comments as soon as possible.