Friday, March 23, 2012

FOLLOW FRIDAY (21)

Gain New Blog Followers
Feature & Follow Friday is a blog hop that expands your blog following by a joint effort between bloggers. Feature & Follow Friday is now hosted by TWO hosts, Rachel of Parajunkee and Alison of Alison Can Read. Each host will have their own Feature Blog and this way it'll allow us to show off more new blogs!


This Week's Feature Blogs:
Sarah's Books & Life Button
Sarah's Books and Life

poppy2 Feature & Follow #89
Short and Sweet

Q: What is the longest book you've read?  What are your favorite 600+ page reads?

LONGEST
Gone With the Wind by Margaret Mitchell at 1011 pages (according to Goodreads)
I read it when I was eleven and I remember it taking about a month for me to finish it.  I really enjoyed it, but there was just something about tackling a book that big that was intimidating at the time. 



FAVORITE 600+ READS
Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire (734 pages)
Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix (896 pages)
Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince (652 pages)
Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows (759 pages)
Outlander by  Diana Gabaldon (629 pages)
Dragonfly in Amber by Diana Gabaldon (752 pages)
Acheron by Sherrilyn Kenyon (722 pages)
The Other Boleyn Girl by Phillippa Gregory (661 pages)

*****
I have created different ways for you to follow my blog: GFC, LinkyFollowers, email, Twitter, or Goodreads.  Comment and follow me and I'll return the favor!!

Have a great Friday and weekend!!

9 comments:

  1. Harry Potter always wins...at least for me!
    Please stop by My FF if you have a chance.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Woah! You've read a ton of HUGE books :) I love Sherrilyn Kenyon but haven't read Acheron yet. I own it, just haven't actually sat down to read it! I'll try to get to that this summer. Great summer project, huh?

    Happy Friday!

    The Brunette Librarian's Follow Friday Post

    ReplyDelete
  3. HIGH FIVE!!!! Gone with the Wind is mine as well. I read it like 9th grade-ish and really loved it. I think part of why I read it was because I was impressed by the thickness.

    My follow Friday

    New follower! Hope to see you over on my blog.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great picks! Harry Potter is a popular choice today :)
    Thanks for stopping by. New Linky Follower

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great choices!! I love the Harry Potter series :)

    Happy reading and thanks for stopping by!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hey girlie!;)
    Great picks this week!!;)
    Thank you for visiting my FF post!!! I'm glad you loved Shadowfever too, and that you're just as excited about Lover Reborn as I am!!;) I'm giving away Lover Reborn in case you haven't entered!,)

    I love your Cat & Bones, your Peeta pick and your Qhuinn & Blay sexy photo!!;) love them!!;)
    Have a great weekend, I'm also an old follower but I just followed you on twitter and thank you for the follow as well!!:)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Nice list :) I have to admit I've never read Harry Potter, but GWTW is one of my all-time favorite books. I didn't even realize it was that long!!

    Happy FF and thanks for stopping by the blog!

    Jamie@Addicted2Heroines

    ReplyDelete
  8. Harry Potter is always a good choice for a favorite category. You've got several others there that I really want to read.

    Thanks for stopping by and following my blog! I followed ya back!

    ReplyDelete
  9. If you consider the fact that the version of The Lord of The Rings I read was the one that’s one book with the 3 parts inside (1202 pages in the brazilian version), that would be the longest book I’ve ever read. But if you consider series to favorite 600+ page reads, hands down, Harry Potter. Not so much for the story, but for the feeling it brings me every time I think about it.

    I'm a new follower, btw!

    Maeva
    Murphy's Library

    ReplyDelete

Yeah comments!! Thanks for visiting my blog. I will try to reply to your comments as soon as possible.