Friday, March 16, 2012

FOLLOW FRIDAY (20)

Gain New Blog Followers
Feature & Follow Friday is a blog hop that expands your blog following by a joint effort between bloggers. Feature & Follow Friday is now hosted by TWO hosts, Rachel of Parajunkee and Alison of Alison Can Read. Each host will have their own Feature Blog and this way it'll allow us to show off more new blogs!



This Week's Feature Blogs:
The Fairytale Nerd

rabc button Feature & Follow #88

Q: What is the best book you've read in the last month? What is the worst book you've read in the last month?

I have read two 5-star books so far this month and I can't pick between them so here they are:


(The Agency #3)
by Y.S. Lee
Queen Victoria has a little problem: there's a petty thief at work in Buckingham Palace. Charged with discretion, the Agency puts quickwitted Mary Quinn on the case, where she must pose as a domestic while fending off the attentions of a feckless Prince of Wales. But when the prince witnesses the murder of one of his friends in an opium den, the potential for scandal looms large. And Mary faces an even more unsettling possibility: the accused killer, a Chinese sailor imprisoned in the Tower of London, shares a name with her long-lost father. Meanwhile, engineer James Easton, Mary's onetime paramour, is at work shoring up the sewers beneath the palace, where an unexpected tunnel seems to be very much in use. Can Mary and James trust each other (and put their simmering feelings aside) long enough to solve the mystery and protect the Royal Family? Hoist on your waders for Mary's most personal case yet, where the stakes couldn't be higher - and she has everything to lose.

(Lords of the Underworld #9)
by Gena Showalter

Possessed by the demon of Promiscuity, immortal warrior Paris is irresistibly seductive—but his potent allure comes at a terrible price.  Every night he must bed someone new, or weaken and die.  And the woman he craves above all others is the one woman he'd thought was forever beyond his reach until now.  Newly possessed by the demon of Wrath, Sienna Blackstone is racked by a ruthless need to punish those around her.  Yet in Paris's arms, the vulnerable beauty finds soul-searing passion and incredible peace.  Until a blood feud between ancient enemies heats up. Will the battle against gods, angels and creatures of the night bind them eternally—or tear them apart?

****
I haven't really read any bad books this month, but there was one disappointment.  I liked it, but not nearly as much as I thought I would.


by Miranda Kenneally

What girl doesn't want to be surrounded by gorgeous jocks day in and day out? Jordan Woods isn't just surrounded by hot guys, though-she leads them as the captain and quarterback of her high school football team. They all see her as one of the guys, and that's just fine. As long as she gets her athletic scholarship to a powerhouse university. But now there's a new guy in town who threatens her starting position... suddenly she's hoping he'll see her as more than just a teammate.

****
I have created different ways for you to follow my blog: GFC, LinkyFollowers, email, Twitter, or Goodreads.  Comment and follow me and I'll return the favor!!

Have a great Friday and weekend!!

18 comments:

  1. I almost bought that Gena Showalter book this week at Wal-mart! Now I'm definitely going to!

    Happy reading this week, The Brunette Librarian

    ReplyDelete
  2. That Gena Showalter book sounds really interesting! I never would have thought to read it because of the cover. Same with Catching Jordan. Might check that out now!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love Gena Showalter. And I felt the same way about Catching Jordan. I'd heard so many good things about it and then it just didn't do what I wanted it to do for me.

    Thanks for stopping by and following my blog. I'm already following you so now we're following each other. LOL.

    ~Kristin

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great post!! I haven't read either book but they sound interesting :)

    Happy reading and thanks for stopping by :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I haven't read The Agency Books but I want to.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I haven't read either of your books, but The Darkest Seduction looks yummy :P
    Thanks for stopping by my FF.
    Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks for stopping by! Following back!

    Jennifer @ A Librarian's Library

    ReplyDelete
  8. OMG, I need to read Dark Seduction. I have been waiting for Paris's story forever. Old Follower on GFC, new follower on Linky. Thanks for stopping by my blog.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I cannot wait to read Paris' story. I also really want to read Catching Jordan too, sorry to hear you didn't like it.
    Book Sniffers Anonymous

    ReplyDelete
  10. The Agency sounds pretty awesome! I might have to add it to my TBR list. I don't read much contemporary YA so I haven't even glanced at Catching Jordan :)
    Thanks for stopping by! New Follower!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hopping through. I've heard great things about YS Lee. I really want to read her books.
    My Hop

    ReplyDelete
  12. Ooh The Agency sounds amazing :D Going to have to keep an eye out for that! Thanks for dropping by, I am following you back! (as if I could resist your blog name, love it!)

    ReplyDelete
  13. I really want to read The Agency, it sounds awesome.
    I'm sorry that Catching Jordan was a disappointment for you! (I actually had fairly low expectations, so I was happy with it *lol* )

    -Jac @ For Love and Books

    ReplyDelete
  14. Thanks for the follow, I have returned the favour.

    I see from your sidebars we like a lot of the same male characters!

    Thanks for stopping by.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Thanks for visiting my blog! I love how we both have green blogs! Following you by Linky and GFC too.
    I am really interested in reading the Agency series, i love mysteries and historical fiction!
    Have a great weekend!
    Rachel

    ReplyDelete
  16. Thank you for visiting my FF post,
    I'm an old follower as well.:)
    I am not caught up on LOTU but I bought the latest! Can wait to read Paris' book!

    Happy St. Patrick's Day!!;)

    ReplyDelete
  17. Thanks for stopping by my blog. :)

    Ree @ Literary Obsession

    ReplyDelete

Yeah comments!! Thanks for visiting my blog. I will try to reply to your comments as soon as possible.